Religion and communism

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
krazy kolonist
Luxer

Religion and communism

Post by krazy kolonist » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:42 pm

Just so you know this is a forum I am setting up with one of the guys I met in a room. We started a talk now we are setting up a forum. Sorry if this bores or offends anyone on here but then again you aint got to read it. I am including an argument for communism and then an essay i have in a pamphlet i am writing. Hope ya like.

Communism and Religion
In 1954 congress added, "In God we trust" to the Pledge of Allegiance; this was done to combat the atheist ideology of Russia. Since the writing of Marx, most Communist dictators have led a state-sponsored eradication of religion. Although possibly violating a separation of church and state, this move was essential in the propaganda war of the very imminent danger of Soviet Communism.
It has been commonly misunderstood that Communism is synonymous with atheism, and that theism and Communism are mutually exclusive. But when we take a closer look at the fundamental assumptions of these two ideologies, we see a very basic flaw. The truth is: Communism is deeply religious in nature, and the extreme right is far more consistent with an atheist worldview.
The extreme right, being fascism, teaches survival of the fittest, which is a basic assumption of the foundation of Social Darwinism, i.e. capitalism. Furthermore, fascism, by the very essence of what it is, is dedication of survival of the fittest. The "master race" is superior to all other forms of life; therefore, it is completely absurd to help the poor and less fortunate, because that will inevitably lead to corruption of the "master race". It then follows that a complete selfishness of the master race is acceptable, and therefore "the virtue of selfishness", as speculated by Ayn Rand, is not only logical, it is obligatory to maintain the fidelity the "superman". This would be a true form of Darwinism, but this is not what Communism teaches.
Communism teaches a breaking of this cycle. Because whether or not you buy into materialism or not, or believe in evolution or creation, it is clear that the strongest will survive. But Communism promotes equality, and helping out the weaker. And why help out the weak? Love. Love is the foundation of Communism; it has very strong sense of right and wrong, something which simply cannot be accounted for in a true atheistic world view. If Communism were compatible with atheism, then the logical thing to do would be to selfish, greedy and only look after yourself.
So then the question is asked: If Communism is founded on principles of theism, why is it that almost all Communist are atheists? The question is almost self-answering. It is for the reason of achieving Communism that there must be no divisions. Consider the following from the John Lenin song Imagine.
Imagine there's no countries,
It isn’t hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
In order to achieve complete unity there must be no major divisions. There can be variations on personal preference, such as baseball teams, ice cream, cereal and tooth paste, but religion and politics there must be unity. Because it’s often said there are two things you don’t talk about: religion and politics. Not because they are boring topics, because those are the easiest to offend people and are often crucial dividing factors. In Communism, everyone must be Communist; that takes out the politics part, now the religious part must be united. It is for that reason that Communist have sought to unite the whole country. Consider this analogy: a school teacher tells a child who has candy to put it away if he does not have enough for everyone. So in other words, if everyone can’t have some then no one can. This is essentially what communist have said. This is what Communism has failed to consider can be the biggest uniting factor.
There could be no single greater unifying factor than religion. Although people have given their lives for freedom, their country and other causes, nothing will motivate people more than the belief in the afterlife and accountability to a God.

Baden
Lux Elder

Re: Religion and communism

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:50 am

krazy kolonist wrote:Consider the following from the John Lenin song Imagine....
John Lenin? The guy who formed a band with Ringo Stalin and McCarthy?

"Communism has nothing to do with love. Communism is an excellent hammer which we use to destroy our enemy."
- Mao Tse-tung -

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:41 am

holy crap, when did baby hitler return? I am not going to read all that LOL

moe
fnnnarrrr

Post by moe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:48 am

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:49 am

jesus moe....... :smt064

LOL

fluffernuffer
Lux Elder

Post by fluffernuffer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:14 pm

ooooh, that's rough.

moe
fnnnarrrr

Post by moe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:17 pm

fluffernuffer wrote:
ooooh, that's rough.
my question is: WHY?
only thing i could imagine is she needs both hands to shove doritos and twinkies in her chow hole.

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:17 pm

nice new avatar fluff, very cool

One Big Wave
Lux Emo Star

Post by One Big Wave » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:17 pm

Moe, your the man

moe
fnnnarrrr

Post by moe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:20 pm

moe wrote:
fluffernuffer wrote:
ooooh, that's rough.
my question is: WHY?
only thing i could imagine is she needs both hands to shove doritos and twinkies in her chow hole.
furthermore, does she even know its there?
Maybe its stuck to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich she shoved in there 3 months ago and forgot about. There could be a colony of small vermin living in that place, Christ, who's to say?

gary the cheater
Luxer

Re: Religion and communism

Post by gary the cheater » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:14 pm

krazy kolonist wrote:Communism promotes equality, and helping out the weaker. And why help out the weak? Love. Love is the foundation of Communism
hobbes said the foundations of any civil society are fear, greed and vanity. we want a strong leader to keep the bullies in line so we can make money and have fancy automobiles.

i think what you call love is better defined as solidarty. and solidarity is often nothing more than a group of people who share a common interest, a political party or movement if you will, rather than people having any actual empathy for one another.

but you're right. communism is just like religion. both are systems of social control used to control people. just like capitaliism for that matter, but without the money.

Demetri
Luxer

Post by Demetri » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:07 am

Communism and Religion (especially Christianity) are completely incompatible for several reasons.

First of all, communism is based on the government being the source of authority completely. The Church would completely get in the way of that and make it impossible for the government to have complete control.

Secondly, Christianity is based on a hierarchy from which "god" provides instruction to the general masses. This too gets in the way of the ideals of communism which is to destratify the classes and create equality.

Thirdly, Christianity calls for a 10 percent tax. The assumption there is that there are varying levels of income which is not the case for a communist state.

Fourthly, (and as a tangential point to three) the Church must be built on money. It is a fact. otherwise buildings dont get built and works dont get done. Communism is based on the idea of economic equality. The only people who want this are poor people (it is a logical and irrefutable fact, regardless of how bad it sounds). A bunch of poor people are not going to be able to sustain a communist state not to mention a Church.

Arod
Luxer
Location: Hall of the Damned - Look under W for weeds. I'll probably be near the beginning of the section.

Post by Arod » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:10 am

This topic is about to be locked :o :roll:

One Big Wave
Lux Emo Star

Post by One Big Wave » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:11 am

yeah, what demetri said

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:14 am

the thing is, poor people are the overwhelming majority everywhere. All we need to do is get rid of the greedy religious idiots that run everything. then we wouldn't have so much war and the world would be a better place. Think about it. What war hasn't been for some type of religion. higher power or not. same shit