2011 Lux Award Winners - People

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

2011 Lux Award Winners - People

Post by dustin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:18 pm

The Official Results of the 2011 Lux Awards - People Categories

Best Host:
The Winner is <a href="/lux/rankings/user/paranoiarodeo">paranoiarodeo</a>
Second for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/mentor09">mentor09 / ManicMonday</a>
Third for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/WhirlPlaid">WhirlPlaid</a>

Runner-Ups:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/GFips">GFips</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/KingPatrick">KingPatrick</a>

Most Entertaining Player:
The Winner is <a href="/lux/rankings/user/jesterme">jesterme</a>
Second for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Mazza">Mazza</a>
Third for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Smashley">Smashley</a>

Runner-ups:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/TSK">TSK</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/dollabillz">dollabillz</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Baden">Baden</a>

Most Sportsmanlike Player:
Winner is <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Schroberts">Schroberts</a>
Second for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/meron">meron</a>
Third for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/WhirlPlaid">WhirlPlaid</a>

Runner-ups:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/imapickle">imapickle</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Dominator">Dominator</a>

Rookie of the Year:
Winner is <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Manel4">Manel4</a>
Second for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/mollin26">mollin26</a>
Third for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Danzer">Danzer</a>

Runner-Ups:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Rambo96">Rambo96</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Rubén80">Rubén80</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/AtomicEyes">AtomicEyes</a>

Best Forum Influence:
The Winner is <a href="/lux/rankings/user/TSK">TSK</a>
Second for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/jesterme">jesterme</a>
Third for <a href="/lux/rankings/user/Mud">Mud</a>

Runner-ups:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Llux Llama">Llux Llama</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/paranoiarodeo">paranoiarodeo</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Nimrod7">Nimrod7</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Mazza">Mazza</a>

Hall of Fame Inductions:
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/3DA">3DA</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Mazza">Mazza</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/GFips">GFips</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Dominator">Dominator</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/Behemoth">Behemoth</a>
<a href="/lux/rankings/user/mentor09">mentor09</a>

:bacon :globe :bacon

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Congrats to everyone who won any of these prestigious awards. Almost all of the winners [of each category] were the people I would've chosen for the position so..... I'm certainly pleased with the outcome. But really, being chosen by your peers is quite a great honor in itself.... and the shiny award is a nice knickknack too.

Kudos to the winners of the most esteemed prize of all, entrance to the Hall of Fame! Now you will be remembered as among the greatest luxers of all time. The Hall of Fame is truly the greatest award of all since it brings together the most respected luxers from all backgrounds, whether it be because of their luxing skills, dedication to hosting, moderation talents etc. When luxers of the future look back on this year, who will they take mental note of? Why, the HOF members of course! Be proud, because your fellow luxers have chosen you to represent 2011!

Once again, congrats everyone! 8)

TazzyGirl
Lux Loli Girl

Post by TazzyGirl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Congrats Everyone!!!!!

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Well said Rhye!

Congratulations all.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:29 am

:shock: Wow 3rd best forum influence right up there with the great TSK.... are you sure you didn't mistake me up with someone that accidentally got banned?

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks Rhye, very nicely said, and from me, appreciated as well.....

I'm sorry work committments kept me away today, so i couldn't be involved in the awards at all, however, it was a very nice surprise that awaited me when i did return home.

From a personal perspective, i wanna thank each and every one of you guys who are associated with this game; from Dustin to the moderators, to the map makers, but mostly to all of you who participate in games, or the forums, as it is you guys who make this game what it is. Admin can only lay the foundations to what is a wonderful game, but it is you guys who are the "bricks and mortar" of the whole scene; without you guys, this game ceases to exist as it does today.

I wanna congratulate all of the winners today, from the people awards to the map awards, and to all of you who have won individual awards during this month of festivities......the games have been fun and ferocious, and the competition has been intense, and sometimes, very competitive, which is what we would expect....

I wanna congratulate Paranoiarodeo for takin over the reins and doing what the host of the year does so well......he has spent so many hours before this month commenced and prolly dpouble that time during the month of October to put forward the beast possible job that anyone could possibly do in hosting so many tournies, with so many wonderful plots and sub-plots. Every day i think i talked to him during the month on AIM, and everyday, he was tinkering with this or that, tryin to make things as enjoyable and competitive for peeps as humanly possible. thank you does not seem to befit the job that he has done (it seems lame to say thabnks when the man has put his life on hold for a month), but im too sober to think of anything else to say to him at the moment.

Finally, to the other 5 inductees who received the Hall of Fame award with me, well, i just want to congratulate each and every one of you as well. I hope that you guys are feeling as proud and honored and humbled by such an award as i am right at this moment. I'm sure none of you ever started playing for this award, and im sure that none of you expected it either....but since they have come to us, im sure you will all accept them with grace and humility. I know this is only an online game,. but when your fellow peers do think enough of you to nominate you for such an exclusive club, well, i dont care if we are rolling marbles down a hill.......it comes with great surprise and great happiness. Dominator has been one of my lux idols for years now; he plays with such conviction, and has such a presence that it is a true honor to be recognised in the same year as him. 3DA, my OMEGA brother and great foe from many tournies in the past, well buddy, it makes mne proud that we are the 1st OMEGAS in da HOF house, and would think of no other member to share that honor with than yourself. GFips, you old man you, you have ruled MOTW for a long time, as well as done the slam; great guy, as nice as you could ever meet, and a great playewr to boot, well done my man, ditto mentor, who has sacrificed so much time to lux tournies and to Vox, big reapsect to you as well, and finally Behemoth, the best map-maker of the past few years, a great Roman player as well, and also, a fellow Australian as well......we may not be the 1st Aussies in the HOF, but we can join our bud Magpie in representing our Island paradise........grats duder.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks guys, i will never forget this, and will always be proud of this moment......

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 am

May the G-string shine bright for all to see!!

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 am

Mazza! Much love. Much respect. Your summary of our community, players, and reward recipients is spot in. Your praise of your fellow HOF inductees is stellar. Kudos to you sir and your HOF brethren.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Congratulations to all the awardees!
  • Hosting hat trick for paranoiarodeo... nice, and so richly deserved!
    Bumper crop of excellent (and charming) Hall of Famers this year... each one truly worthy of the honor.
    As for you, Maayea hooha, just accept your fate. Try as you might, you are doomed to being a good influence. And a lot of fun into the bargain. Thanks for that, boss. :P
Happy Luxtoberfest, all!

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Congrats to everyone for the awards.And most of all congrats to the hall of Fame Inducies. It surely takes lots of dedication to pu into this game to get the biggest award of this game in my point of vue.I was surprise that General K or Big Will E Style were not inducties this year....Dont know how theses awards get given,but surely all the inducties deserve it this year.
Last edited by Samuel99 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Samuel99 wrote:I was surprise that General K or Big Will E Style were not inducties this year....
Yes, I expected to see either of them (not both, just because the award is limited in number) this year..... but that's part of what HOF is about. We easily get over a dozen high-class players per year....... but only handing out 6 awards per year you tend to fall behind and..... the waiting list gets quite long. When Dustin himself doesn't get into the HOF until '06 (awards began in '05) you know that it is a very exclusive club :). It's like the nobel prize, only the most qualified people of the year receive it.

And as for the Bio takeover, clearly people are playing it for a reason. The reason can be debated..... it could be because people actually like the intense action... or it could simply be because there are no other creative options out there.

If we collectively dislike bio more than we previously thought, we could easily switch, adopt a system similar to that in Castle Vox. Hosts choose new games to host often and switch frequently to add variety to the online games.

Could that be done in Lux? Yes, could be done easily. Do I think it will happen, no. I'm doubtful that we will ever adopt a system of playing a multitude of games commonly. Why? We already classify ourselves as members of a certain map, like a religion. Whether you call yourself Classicist, Roman, or Biofreak (or whatever it is they call themselves) you are starting to limit yourself to that clan.

Am I saying that we are stuck with Bio forever? No. It's just a phase. In a few years we will have a new dominant map. I just think that we always will be like this, there will always be a behemoth of a game, and little variety. We could bring about a change in our traditions.... but I don't see it happening.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:37 pm

People will play the maps they enjoy the most. Sure other maps can be fun from time to time, but players eventually find a map that they enjoy over all others.

I myself prefer the atmosphere of classic as it has a more relaxed feeling about it versus the chaos of bio. Some people want that. Others do not.

It's not that players are limiting themselves. Instead it's players finding the map and atmosphere they truley enjoy above all others.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:41 pm

i swear you've posted that exact thing six times now.

this shit hasn't been laissez-faire at all but i really don't want to have this conversation again.

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Happy Luxtoberfest, especially to the people who made it happen! I hope to see you all at the costume ball tonight.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

actually I've seen a couple more games of rome now, with some HOF members coming back. I just hope Behe won't be a snob and stop playing over a trivial thing like the hall of fame.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Congrats winners! All very well deserved.

Now where's the chat log!?

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:20 pm

mbauer wrote:Now where's the chat log!?
No worries, truck. You'll find it eventually!

(Insert public service message about dill juice slowing brain functions here.)

;)

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

wait...what?

I'm not a truck? :smt017

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Congratulations to all the Hall of Fame inductees!!!

:)

Precious
Lux Diva

Post by Precious » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 am

Congratulations Everyone! Wish I was able to participate more.

@->---

Manel4
Lux Newbie

thank you

Post by Manel4 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you to all the people who voted for me, and to those who not, because thanks to all them this game is possible. I have met some fantastic people here. It's being a pleasure to spend some of my free time with you and i will continue trying to doing my best.

See you on the game,

Manel