The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:58 pm

:castle Welcome to the 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament! :castle
Presented by Snype Entertainment Inc.

(A wholly owned subsiduary of the Anti-Holy Church Of Lux)

Welcome back castle tournament members and a greeting to all possible newcomers. This is our 6th year running this spectacular event and I personally look foward to running it once again. Tournament members have recieved their personal invitations via PM. Many members have already reserved their seats for the 2012 event. Any current members who have not yet reserved their seat must reply no later than December 15th. The tournament has a few minor changes for the 2012 year as you will read below. Please familarize yourself with the guidelines...

Because of the limited spaces available, the castle tournament will grandfather in all previous tournament members. Open enrollment for new memberships will be accepted now through Dec. 24th. To register you must send a copy of the COC (Code of Conduct) to the tournament Director via PM. All applying memberships are placed into an election pool where they will have a chance to be placed on a team by bids.

NOTE: There is no guarentee that all new applicants will be placed.

2012 MEMBERSHIPS:

KINGDOM EARTH
SnyperEye, *Manimal, PJB, Marauder, Cardano, Kude

KINGDOM AIR -
TCraig, Dangerous Beans, Capicola, Milltycoon, Enzo1997, 3DA

KINGDOM FIRE
Whirlplaid, Enokrad, ShockandAwe, Heartscoffee, Guillerme, Drifter

KINGDOM WATER
Engie, Mentor09, Glu, Luizze, Bod, Deez Nuts

KINGDOM VIRTUE
Gfips, Lantern, Cyn, Precious, Big Will E Style, George874

KINGDOM BANE
Mazza, Samuel99, Naraku, Paranoiarodeo, Schroberts, Deep Blue

GAMEPLAY:

The tournament will consist of 6 teams of 5 people so spaces for entries are limited! One member from each kingdom will compete against members from all others in total domination on this years castle maps. AI selections have been removed from this years tournament. The AI selection will now be replaced with random substitutes. Subs will have the same role as the AI agents and will be treated as such.

SCORING:

Points will be based similar to Luxtober scoring. Each team will recieve points based on what position they finish in the game.

1st 8pts
2nd 6pts
3rd 4pts
4th 3pts
5th 2pts
6th 1pt

A 1pt Kill Bonus will be awarded for each kill a person makes in the game within a 60 minute timeline.

A 3pt Penalty will be deducted for each person that exceeds 60 minutes in a game. This will not be a progressive penalty and will only happen once at the 60 minute point.

Each indviduals and team totals score will be their gaming AVERAGE.
Scoring equations are as followed for year 2012
Individual Equation (Points/Games)
Team Equation (Sum of team Points/# of Games)
*Teams configurations can vary based on SUB participation, Bonuses and/or Penalties.

SCHEDULE:

The tournament will run all through January.

SUN. 1/1/12 12:00PM(PST) 3:00PM(EST) 8:00PM(GMT) *7:00AM(AUS)
MAP: CASTLE LUX SI

WED. 1/4/12 2:00PM(PST) 5:00PM(EST) 10:00(GMT) *9:00AM(AUS)
MAP: CASTLE MERCHANTS

FRI. 1/6/12 4:00PM(PST) 7:00PM(EST) *12:00AM(GMT) *11:00AM(AUS)
MAP: CASTLE BATTLE OF BAMBURGH

REQUIREMENTS:

Each player must successfully complete a minimum 5 GAMES total from any of the Castle Lux series...

Lux Si
Lux Merchants
Battle of bamburgh
Castles Scotland
Castle Lux Ipodia
Siege of Tyre
Castle Lux Melting Pot
The Last King
Siege Lux
Castle Infinity
Londinium HD
Castle Lux HD

FINALS - Castle Rivers
(Finals includes all 6 Kingdoms)
(NO SUBSTITUTES)

Removed: Castle Lux ER

Failure to complete this requirement by the end of the tournament will result in Disqualification for the player and a penalty on the teams final total. Choosing your teammates based on dedication would be key.

Each team is also required to play a minimum of 3 games for each of the tournament dates. If a team member is a no show in a 15 min grace period after game time a random Substitute will be selected.

ADDITIONAL RULES:

*Prior to entering the game everyone is expected to be on Guest Only and remain as Guest Only until given instructions to unguest by the tournament director.

*The settings for each game will be determined at the start of each tournament day and will change for each day of the tournament. (This includes card values, turn time, continent increases.

*All teams should have at least 1 person from their team present to start the tournament. The first 3 games are mandatory! After the first 3 games, games can and will only continue as long as 5 out of 6 teams are present where as the non present teams will be forced to use a randomly selected SUB.

*For any reason if a players needs to leave early another member may take the place of that player. If no member is present to take over then you must complete the game! Any player that losses control or leaves a game the choosen default bot will take over control "Defender Bot" No Subs in this situation.

*All Players will be expected to follow all rules and the COC during tournament times. Failure to abide by these rules can result in penalties and/or ejection from the tournament.

PRIZES:

The winning kingdom will be awarded with...
SONY PSP 3000

A MVP mystery prize will be awarded to the top individual performer.

*Substitutes are not eligible for any winnings.

The Tournament Director reserves the rights to any changes that may be made and has final say on all matters.

Questions or comments are welcome.

SnyperEye
Tournament Director
Last edited by SnyperEye on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 20 times in total.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:00 pm

CASTLE TOURNAMENT CODE OF CONDUCT

The Castle Tournament is a well mannered and respectful enviroment for our members. Professionalism at its best. The games are quite diffrent from those you play regularly to which I will strive to make sure the following standards are met by all our members.

1. All instructions given by the tournament director are to be followed to allow quick and easy transitions between games.

2. The tournament does not allow for any forms of discrimination.

3. The tournament does not allow the use of ANY profanity.

4. The tournament does not allow verbal personal attacks

5. The conduct to which everyone should be showing is RESPECT no matter the outcome.

6. The tournament director has final ruling over any matter.

ANY COMPLIANCE VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL RESULT IN A 1 POINT PENALTY

Once you have read the Code of Conduct you must send a PM to the tournament director. Your PM must include the following...

I ___________ , HAVE READ AND WILL COMPLY WITH THE COC!
If your open enrollment does not include this line it will be denied.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 pm

I'll be making my return to the castle tourney this year. If your team has an open spot and is interested send me a pm!

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:15 pm

BANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

THE HISTORY OF KINGDOM EARTH

In history's the years dated OS (Old School) A preacher and his wife came together with a plan to unite all the war kingdoms of Luxtopia under one rule. Preacherman and MissChaos called upon Berthe the goddess of the Earth to aid them in their journey. The all mighty goddess arose from the Earth with a warrior to help guide their way. From that day the warrior who has come to be known as SnyperEye has lead the fight for unity and conquest alongside with other followers of Berthe. It was not managed at first as some soldiers suddenly vanished without a trace during the first year of battles. *Manimal and Black Pope of other Kingdoms defected against their own to join kingdom earth's battle to victory and with their help Kingdom Earth succeeded by the end of 2nd years of battle. Alas a new presence in the form of -NN-Grim may have compromised the kingdom with a hidden omen. Both Preacherman and MissChaos became ill and could no longer fight the battles of old any longer and Kingdom Earth lead by SnyperEye slowly lost control of their hold as followers and soldiers alike once again started to vanish. SnyperEye turned to his remaining generals *Manimal and PJB in hopes to regain their control of Luxtopia in this on going battle.

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:13 pm

We got the gang back together.
That is all we need. :twisted:

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:05 am

The grizzled castle veteran *Manimal prepares to land another polished score to team earth

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 am

i'll play if i can get on mazza's team

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Enokrad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShockandAwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hearts and Guillerme.... where are you?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Hearts isn't sure if she is going to be able to play. She's really busy these days.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 pm

wait...
SnyperEye wrote: 3. The tournament does not allow the use of ANY profanity.
THAT'S NOT MY LUX

i'm kind of interested in how you plan to police this/what constitutes "profanity" in your eyes.

...stupidhead

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:59 pm

you get penalized for swearing, if the rules are the same as last year, dolla.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

lol

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 pm

(I'm a lowly nooby, try defining "profanity")

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Just don't fucking swear and you'll be ok kude.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 pm

can we get the profanity ruled right, or at least clear for everyone this year, as, last yr and before, there was quite a "grey area" about this. I will list my worries, or queries below......;

I can understand using profanity directed towards one another is strctly not on.....eg, you fkin bastard, rot in hell you effin bloody wanker, why the fuk did u hit my effin castle? etc. etc

However, what is the ruling on using profanity towards yourself. eg, you go for a kill and you miss by 2, and you type "FUCK!.......SHIT, fuck my dice!" is this also considered to be deducting points off yourself?

To go further, what is the ruling on using profanity, but not actually spelling the word correctly........eg, is effing hell allowed, or is that considered to be "fucking hell"? can you type shite, and get away with it instead of writing shit?........can you type Fcku......or would that be considered as profanity?

Dollabillz makes a good point, because i know there was quite a debate about this last yr, but i really do not think we actually found common ground, so if Snyper-Eye could clarify this, it would be appreciated. I know above, he has typed NO PROFANITY, but gee, i know i swore last yr, and did not get penalised for it, so, a clear unbderstanding before the tourney got under way, would be very cool

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 pm

As to the players playing in the tourney, do we get to "draft" anyone we like into our team, or is there going to be a "draft process" once we have the numbers of peeps willing to play......in a pool, and each team chooses then??

If the answer is the latter and not the former, i would like to propose that BANE receive 1st draft pick, since they finished last in the tourney of 2010.......each team would then get their pick (if their team is not full) based on the least successful to the most successful teams, meaning last yr's winners would receive the last pick in the draft, since they were so damn good last year....

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:44 pm

I've gotta agree with Mazza. A straight forward, professional sports league style draft sounds like a good idea. Simple, transparent, easy to understand, and a good way of rebalancing the strength of all teams, especially when based on last year's results. Seems like the fairest way of bringing new players into the mix, IMHO. Besides, let's be honest about Bane: Those miserable bastards are gonna need all the help they can get!

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:17 am

Considering all of my former teammates are not even on the radar...

∞ Drifter throws himself into the draft ∞

Depending on if Bane wants to win or not, I could be a first round pick.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:03 am

you would fit in with us like a pea to a pod my brother Drifter ......especially in the before and after match drinking competitions, where i believe BANE have never lost......but have been too drunk to record their victories....... 8)

Marauder
Midnight Luxer

Post by Marauder » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am

Consider me a castle rookie available for draft please :)

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm

I got penalized every time I uttered a swear under any circumstance last year..

To be more precise, about 10 people in chat would shout "penalty!" if I did.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

also lol

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm

ABSOLUTELY NO SWEARING!

There is no grey area, This is not a tournament where we figure out how many diffrent ways we can say FUCK, SHIT, ASSHOLE ETC... If you think its gonna cost you a point don't say it! For those of you who are "Swear Happy" Say it out your mouth and not through your fingers and you wont have to worry.

I penalized 6 people last year to the fullest on this rule and plan to do the same again this year. I do thank those members who have respected my wishes of a negative-free atmosphere and I will continue to make sure you can compete in one.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:58 pm

SnyperEye wrote:ABSOLUTELY NO SWEARING!

There is no grey area, This is not a tournament where we figure out how many diffrent ways we can say FUCK, SHIT, ASSHOLE ETC... If you think its gonna cost you a point don't say it! For those of you who are "Swear Happy" Say it out your mouth and not through your fingers and you wont have to worry.

I penalized 6 people last year to the fullest on this rule and plan to do the same again this year. I do thank those members who have respected my wishes of a negative-free atmosphere and I will continue to make sure you can compete in one.
w00t!

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm

RE: DRAFT

Current members have the ability to change kingdoms now through Dec 15th where seats become permanent.

The draft still will be a first come/first selected process as its always been. (SO DONT DELAY ON THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, COC ETC...)

Team selection was eliminated last year and replaced with a bid process. I will be using the same process again this year. 100 bids are given to each kingdom to use to draft a player during the draft.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:

LAST YEARS MVP CASTLE PLAYER HAS JUST CHECKED IN. BEWARE!

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

SnyperEye wrote:Team selection was eliminated last year and replaced with a bid process. I will be using the same process again this year. 100 bids are given to each kingdom to use to draft a player during the draft.
But how does that work? It didn't make any sense last year. Or maybe I'm too dumb to figure it out. Example: Say two teams both have one opening. They both bid 100 on the same player. Which team gets the chosen player? How do you decide what player the other team gets? Also, are teams with more than one opening at a disadvantage, compared to teams with only one, 'cause they're more likely to split their bid across multiple draftees?

∞ paranoiarodeo is confused ∞

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:29 pm

How I went about it last year was this order in the event of a tied-Bid

1st step: Team with fewer players wins the bid
2nd step: Team with lower placement from previous year wins bid

The bid process went smooth last year and I didnt have to use this and hopefully I wont again this year.

Only time a team gets stuck with someone they may not want...is if all teams bid zero on a person.

I believe this is what you are inquiring?

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I'd recommend flipping those two steps though, 'cause a lower ranked team probably needs more help. I dunno. Seems chaotic compared to a standard draft. But then again, I'm not a captain, just a mere recruit, and the bidding details aren't my problem. So I'll hush now, and go wherever I'm told to go in the end.

∞ paranoiarodeo jangles his spurs ∞