Sandy blew me

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Sandy blew me

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 am

...but I'm still in one piece.

Lost power for a bit, a few trees down, no internet, and according to AT&T of the 10 cell-towers in my area, 9 are without power, so my phone service is spotty at best.

How has everyone else holding up? TCraig? Llux Llama? Smashley?

Edited to show a fun Roller Coaster that's 10 minutes from my house:

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm

I lost power and got a few days off eh whatever...

Smashley
Miss Badass

Post by Smashley » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Hey! You live near the boardwalk!? Glad you're okay, n00!!!
My neighborhood in Brooklyn got very lucky. I mean, there's a few blocks around me that are closed off due to trees on cars, but everything of mine is okay and intact. Including my car (phew!) Unfortunately, a lot of friends of mine have lost nearly everything. Sandy is a bitch. And now parts of Brooklyn that used to be streets are sandy. Awkward.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:43 pm

What a mess! I just came back from visiting the local high school which is now a shelter for a few hundred people right now. A lot of them were homeless people who get to stay in the Seaside hotels during the off-season so are now back to being homeless again, but the strangest story is from the guy I met who lost his house.

And I don't mean just "house got destroyed" I mean "Has no idea where the f#$% his house IS" like, before there was a house, now there's just sand....not even any house rubble. There's a good chance his house may be found floated downstream somewhere, like the ones that ended up in the middle of Route 35.

And it's not like you can just post flyers "Have You Seen My House? $25 Reward"....

Yeesh!

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Enzo and I got it really, really lucky. We were literally in the only clear spot in southern New York. Best of luck, n00less. (Maybe deez can come and rebuild your house!)

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Unfortunately it's not nearly over for most of NYC.

What do they do without the subway system?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:45 pm

It's tough.... Even worse: apparently Sandy is deleting my posts!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 am

FYI- Checked in with LLAMA, and she's doing ok in Massachussettes but can't get back home to Philly. :(

Journey safely!

deez nuts
Bane before beer

Post by deez nuts » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Glad to hear your ok, there is a nor eastern on the way next week.

deez nuts
Bane before beer

Post by deez nuts » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:57 pm

i can kill a thread now days, I used to hijack the shit out of them

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I got to Boston, through NY and NJ to Philly and I got back home to Oregon last night. What a trip. I am back spamming the forums. Yay me. Fortunately my family is big enough that people could shuffle around to other people who had power if they needed to (once the roads and street top buses were going again). NJ people got gas in Philly. I had it pretty easy. A little inconvenienced, some extra stinky long bus rides instead of trains. Got to pass by some empty streets and uprooted trees. Never saw these big cities with such empty streets. None of my relatives took any damage other than minor flooding lost power. No trees fell on us. No roofs ripped off. We were very lucky. I am happy to be home!

Tcraig
Luxer

Post by Tcraig » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow I really missed the boat on this one! Glad to hear that all NEastern US luxers seem to have made it through the storm in good health and minor property damage. I was also extremely lucky. The Brandywine river is close by my GF house and that rose many feet (as usual) but fortunately I didn’t hear of any serious injuries or damage in my immediate area.

Delaware beaches got hit pretty hard as well. I enjoy summer vacations down in Dewey beach every year and the whole town was under water. it took over a week to open up the Indian River inlet bridge which they just finished a few years ago. (the bay and the ocean connected putting Dewey underwater!)

I hope all you guys in Jersey and NY are lucky enough to have gotten your power back and are prepared for this storm that is currently hitting our area! Stay warm and be safe!

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Cloobie - you're welcome to come stay a few days in North Alabama. I can break out the air mattress.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 am

That's it. I give up. We lost power from the nor'easter last night. I quit

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

Maybe it's a good time for you and the wife to give your old roommate a call. (no real names please.) I would offer some North Jersey family but they never got power back to begin with. and the ones that did are housing the others. Seriously though.....

Your old roommate and family live inland and on a hill, with electric cables underground. And they have food! Lots of food! I saw it in their freezers while I was there! We even talked about you and your upcoming clownpod. I know this should be in PM but I am too lazy to press more buttons.

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Fuck, that's harsh... errr, I mean "sheesh."
Hang in there, n00less!