Hex map

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
mbauer
Not A Truck

Hex map

Post by mbauer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 am

Does everyone else's Alpha Hex map look like Nuclear Vox? Just want to make sure I'm launching the right map since I have a bunch of old ones on my comp.

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

Mine also looks like nuclear vox, but the map is called Alpha. The theme folder is called Nuclear Vox

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Yes, the Alpha Hex map is really just the Nuclear Vox map, that MB created for a different game concept a while ago. I've been using it as a test map for Castle Vox, but it might not end up as a release map (also because a version of it became the Nuclear Lux map in Lux).
Lantern wrote:i started with the center castle - is there only one entrance to each castle? I assumed there was but then red attacked me from the north where i thought was protected.
Even though the castle areas have walls around them, you can go through any of those walls. This is a bit confusing, so it would probably change if this map becomes a release map.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

dustin wrote:also because a version of it became the Nuclear Lux map in Lu.
Does that mean we can't port Lux maps to Castle Vox maps? The conversion looks like it would be rather simple...

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 pm

I expect quite a few Lux maps to be ported over to Vox eventually. For the maps that first come with Vox I want them to be new though.

Lupus ferox
Creator of Maps

Post by Lupus ferox » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I had a lot of fun with this map. And got beaten by the bots all the time...

I think there's a bit too much detail in here, also in combination with all the units, even more complicated by team play.