Achievements

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:11 pm

ErikSMeyer wrote:No, I haven't played Vox online.

This was a thread about standalone achievements, not skill in the abstract.

Team games are dependent upon who your teammates are, so individual skill can't be ranked in them? I'm not the expert, but I'd say a large part of the skill in those games involves knowing how to adapt your strategy in response to teammate play. Those who can do that and win, consistently, are better than those who can't.
Sorry Erik but that line about 'skill in the abstract' is something special.

Online games have their results posted for all to see. The game play is witnessed as it happens, not just for those playing but anyone who chooses to visit the server. There's nothing remotely abstract about online game play.

And re a player's skill level playing solo vs on a team... apply the same thinking to sport - are you asking me to believe that tennis players, boxers, cyclists and other solo sports players possess 'true skill', unlike the Cristiano Ronaldos and Tracy McGradys of the world?

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Re: Achievements

Post by Pars » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

I thought 3 white stars was the most one could get. I just noticed that I have 5 white stars on 2 maps:
2 Bridges and Iwo Jima

The map 2 Bridges is a 2v2 map, how did I get 5 stars there and how does this "star thing" work anyway?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:14 pm

You get black stars for winning all the player positions on a map.

You get white stars for winning the map.

More stars for higher difficulty settings.

I think that's how it breaks down.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:59 am

dustin wrote: You get black stars for winning all the player positions on a map.
You get white stars for winning the map.
I think it's the other way around, Black stars if you win a map, and white stars if you win with all the player positions.

What I want to know is how many stars you can get at most?
Reason I'm asking about this is because on most maps I have 3 white stars which I think means
that I won with every player positions on hardest level. But on 2 maps I have 5 white stars.
Are the 5 stars a bug or can you actually reach 5 stars on every map?