Problem starting games

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Problem starting games

Post by Behemoth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

I played a few games on a few different maps with Enok, mentor and dr today. Was a lot of fun but we did run into some trouble when starting a new map or re starting. Each time we re-started the game would leave 1 or more of us out, and not because we'd mistakenly guested out.

The game also seemed to be giving false information in the info window as to who was who. Either that or it had in fact dumped human players and replaced them with bots or dumped and swapped human players. Was very confusing at various times, especially when it happened mid game.

Enokrad was hosting Vox for the first time but I don't think this was a teething problem on his end.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:41 pm

well it sucked when dr joined to play, i lost control of my army in some way (not dr's fault, i blame the bugs).
I still had control but so did dr at the same time (it was weird)
It ended up awarding more recruits than it should.
when i typed /play (to see what happens) i lost all control of my initial army and was assigned to another one. Dr kept control of my initial army.

That was one of the many bugs we encountered.

i sent a few logs to dustin to take a look at that should contain info on all the above issues that occurred as well as a few more.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am

I'm working on fixing some of these bugs for a 1.1 release in not too long...