last turn replay

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
djdee
lux widowmaker

last turn replay

Post by djdee » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 am

It would be really helpful in 24hr games to have a last turn reply button. In more complicated and larger maps/games I can't remember all the different moves and would like to analyse then better.

furball321
Luxer

A button to show ours and the enemy's last turn moves

Post by furball321 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm

I second this idea of djdee's. (BTW, where he says, "It would be really helpful in 24hr games to have a last turn reply button." I believe he means REPLAY button.)

That is, please give us a button to hit that would show us the map for last turn with our and the enemy's move arrows, with the army numbers, etc. In other words, the map as it was just before we hit the FINISH button PLUS the enemy's arrows, etc. I would think maybe the BACKSPACE key. Hitting it once would show us last turn's map, then hitting it again would return us to the current turn's map.

You could call it "Toggle turn map." I realize this would mean creating something not currently in the game - that is, a map of the enemy's move arrows. But it would be REALLY cool and helpful. (One of the reasons I say this is to allow map makers to see how bots are responding to the map. Plus, for bot makers, it would help them analyze bot behavior. But, really, it would be helpful for us ordinary players as well.)

Even if you had to leave off the enemy's move arrows, just allowing us to see the last turn map as it looked as we hit FINISH would be a good feature.

Also, when you refer to keyboard shortcuts you mention the CMD key. Is this that key with the "windows" logo on it? I prefer the old Northgate keyboards (which do not have a "windows" key.) It's a minor thing, but could you change the CMD key to the ALT key, or allow us to remap it?

Thanks, and GREAT JOB! And thanks to all you mappers and play-testers!

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 pm

win-doh's

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Where is says CMD, the Control key is the corresponding key on Windows.