2011 Lux Awards — Need Your Votes

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

2011 Lux Awards — Need Your Votes

Post by dustin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:06 pm

October 2011 is Luxtoberfest 8, a month of contests and the annual Lux Awards! The annual Lux Awards are determined through your votes and the winners will be announced during the award ceremonies on October 30th.

People awards:You can send in votes for up to 3 players in each category. Votes for yourself will not be counted.

Alternative Awards TBA: You are invited to suggest some alternative award categories below...

Map Awards (view all the 2011 maps):
  • Best Overall Map of 2011
    and best map in each category:
    • Fantasy Realms
    • Geographic
    • Geometric Shapes
    • Historical
    • Space
View all the Maps submitted in 2011 in their categories for review. You can send in a vote for 1 map in each category, or just your 5 favorite maps overall.

All Luxers are asked to submit their votes during October via <a href="mailto:lux@sillysoft.net?subject=Luxtoberfest8-votes">email</a> or forum PM.

This is a secret ballot, please don't post your votes here. Questions?

Last edited by dustin on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I cant beleive that nobody posted here since the Luxtoberfest have begun.....Is it just me or this year Luxtoberfest is kinda strange??? For sure theres not much players playing this year and it seems that not much people post in the forums of Luxtoberfest either....For sure I think para is doing a good job ,but I think he should have had more helps from the other mods or dustin to host some tournments.......

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Well, snype's been having problems... And the only weird thing is how... crowded these weeks are becoming. We have as many as four events on the weekdays alone.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

It's funny, actually, when you think about it. Events that were well-organized never became popular.... and events that became popular were disorganized.

About my near-complete absence from the game (not the forums) during luxtober..... the focus on bio disgusts me, that's all. Of course, we have to play what the people want to play (as unfortunate as that is) so I joined in, played a few games of bio. It was enough to make me retire for the month.

I thought the mods and admins did a good job. In retrospect, it seemed like an average month with zombie avatars.... but that's just me.

The forums, however, I feel are doing well, I wouldn't say that the Luxtoberfest thread is suffering. Family Feud was entertaining to say the least :)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:50 am

Indeed, now would be a great time to send in your votes!

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:59 am

Vote Engie for Sportsmanship.

Hahahahahaha :wink:

Whirly has my vote there.

Oh, but please do vote Engie for Rookie of the Year. I'm trying to repeat.

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:05 am

Will luxtober be Vox inclusive this year? There was a Vox tournament last year from memory. Be worth considering a Vox map award as well. Mb has been prolific with his Vox cartography and made some of his best maps ever for that game IMO. Napoleonic Wars comes to mind especially.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 pm

That's a good idea Behemoth, although it may be a little late to include it now. Send in your best Vox map votes anyone that wants to.

It's getting close now, so everyone cast your votes!

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:43 am

ah votes... done em... I do say though... I hate that I missed the lux bowl(both bowling and football). Those were my two favorites. Maybe next year, things won't be as... crushed together.

Lupus ferox
Creator of Maps

Post by Lupus ferox » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Didn't I finish a map this year? I started at least 5... Darn!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Today is the last day to cast your votes! Don't delay, vote right now if you haven't yet!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:32 pm

And many thanks to everyone who has already voted! Remember, you can also suggest alternative award categories and their winners. No promises they will happen, but I'll consider all ideas sent my way.

:P