Mafia 29: Luxtober Fright Fest Redux — Official Game Thread

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Abstain.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:27 pm

This is useless we have got to try something. No conversation, Rhye has really not helped us. Abstain

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:59 pm

jesterme

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:01 pm

It is now Night Seven in the Studio. Big Will E Style and jesterme have been taken away to the Dungeon stage set, to be guillotined at dawn. Those of you with Night actions, please PM them to me by 8 p.m. EDT US on Sunday.

And good luck all!

Edited to send jesterme to the Dungeon.... rushing to get out the door and Rhye's last minute post hit while I was posting. Sorry for the mishap!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 pm

It is now Day Seven in the Studio.

Big Will E Style and jesterme were beheaded at dawn. Both had been Free-Spirited Revelers. No other guests have been dispatched since last we met.

djdee, Rhye and schroberts are the last of the guests. The iron shutters on all of the windows are still tightly closed, an indication that something (or things) evil still holds sway over the Studio. These three will use the Day to try to unravel the mystery. Votes for the chop, or abstentions, should be posted by 8 p.m. EDT US on Monday.

Good luck, all...

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:40 am

That only leaves schroberts as Count Dracula. Well played because I never suspected you.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:34 am

Nice try, djdee, but I am just an innocent, free-spirited reveler. I truly do believe that Rhye is the sheriff, which leaves only you. A nice run, but your time is up.

Djdee

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 am

You have spent the whole game keeping in the shadows. Saying little to draw attention to yourself. You have been very good at it, you never posted anything that could be questioned later. Your time is up though.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:21 am

Yes, because I have only been a simple free-spirited reveler. I've had no powers, or no real purpose except to vote and stay alive.

I told my role to Rhye early on. There hasn't really been much I could do.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 pm

:pop

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm guessing all of you told him something. I would have been surprised if you hadn't, you would have been easier to identify if you hadn't.

Nice try, your innocent mask is impressively simple. It won't work though.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

I am innocent. Don't really know what else to say at this point. I guess you'll see tomorrow.

W weon't both feel stupid tomorrow if rhye ends up being the guilty one? :)

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Abstain

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 pm

On Day Seven, djdee (Count Dracula), Rhye (Professor Van Helsing) and schroberts (a Free-Spirited Reveler) were all killed simultaneously in a stunning accident involving secret ballots, cursed dice and a potato peeler (don’t ask!).

The Studio has won!

Thank you all for playing… and Happy Luxtoberfest…

The Creatures of the Night:
  • Count Dracula, disguised as djdee
    Vampire #1, disguised as kude
    Vampire #2, disguised as Owned
    Vampire #3, disguised as SunTzu
    The Lycan, disguised as WhirlPlaid

And The Werewolf, disguised as mazza (complete with golden g-string)!
The Revelers:
  • The Slayer, disguised as dollabillz
    The Ancient Reveler, disguised as engie
    Edgar Frog, disguised as Enokrad
    The Vengeful Zombie, disguised as Enzo
    Doctor Frankenstein, disguised as *Manimal
    Igor, disguised as Odelay
    Sookie Stackhouse, disguised as RandomGuy
    THE Invisible Man, disguised as THE J-Dude
    A stellar cast of Free-Spirited Revelers, disguised as Big Will E Style, heartscoffee, jesterme, mud, Shockandawe and SnyperEye

And to Professor Van Helsing, disguised as Rhye (slightly tardy with his last vote, but complete with monocle), and the plucky Free-Spirited Reveler disguised as schroberts.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Come now TSK, we all know who I was really working for, and we all know who really won.

Congrats to.....

The Tumbleweed

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 pm

LOL, well said! She's a tricksy one, that Tumbleweed...
Here's the (single, fuzzy) grid showing LFF2 actions...

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 pm

Rhye wrote:Abstain
Alas, 2 minutes from victory.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 pm

gg everyone. Just remember, just cause someone lynches a vampire, it doesn't mean they are innocent!

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm

great hosting TSK, truly great.....

MVP has to go to DJdee, played his role absolutely perfectly, truly a champion effort......

Again, i feel like i have ruined a good game of mafia....my truck broke down and was unable to vote, and really believed we couldve won if i was there 1 extra night to support DJ......

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Eh, we all have made many mistakes, it was fun (and we gained a few dozen posts), that's all that matters.

I got caught up in a game around 7:50. Looked back at clock at 8:02 :(

I also, as you can see, completely forgot to investigate one night. :oops:

I agree with mazza, I never really suspected djdee for some reason. So I'd pick him as MVP as well.......

About jesterme..... I really thought he was the godfather. Must've been that evil clown nose on the zombie that made him look suspicious.

And honestly, the Mafia played a slightly better game than innocents did, we nearly killed more innocents than you did :o.

Although, I could argue that this game requires slightly less strategy than Mafia XXVIII, Mafia 28 having the stagecoach and corruption. It's quite interesting to watch the two primary forces in the game scramble to take out the trojan horse looming in the distance. Plus, this game was slightly less interesting to see the deaths on..... pretty much every fellow was a pawn. Seems like we only had pawns and kings. I like to see knights and bishops on the stage as well.....

And as for Mafia 30...... I have a little clue:

Yes, unless someone is also planning a Mafia 30, (in which case I will gladly step aside), I will be hosting Mafia XXX. (Yes I have discussed this with TSK. If mud, randomguy, and all those clever little Mafia hosts have questions, concerns, doubts, rants feel free to pm me.) And for those of you who don't see the connection between XXX and Love..... Mafia 30 is not based off of Pirates......

(And unlike when I play Mafia..... I should actually be on time.)

(Also note, the game isn't based off of love it just takes some themes from it....)

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Also, I am planning this to be in November, not Feb. Because, you can't go that many months without a Mafia game going.....

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Great hosting, TSK, as always! Well played game everyone :D

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 am

great hosting TSK, thanks it was a pleasure to play.

My apologies go to Mud and *Manimal for killing them so early but I felt there was no way you would not have lynched me for obvious kill of Kude and especially when kude for some reason failed to fight back. (Kude if you had fought me and beaten me in the fight on day one you would have been the godfather and almost invincible.)

Apologies to my team also, I missed our opportunity to win when Rhye lynched Jesterme because I did not believe he was going to do it. I also did not think Big Will would fail to vote. I could have voted then for schroberts at the last minute as well.

I could have also got a draw yesterday by killing one of them and leaving just 2 of us but I decided a draw would have let everyone down so I went to try and win. It was then funny to get a draw, I even PMed Rhye to remind him he had to vote knowing that if he abstained we lost but I had the slim hope he would vote schroberts, she just looked so evil :)

If there is only 1 creature left then they really cannot win. I think when it is down to the last 3 players abstentions should not be allowed. Otherwise you may as well call it the end once there is only one creature/mafia left alive.

I think it was unfortunate that 3 players failed to vote in one day for various reasons and I think it would be good to have an extension somehow because ultimately it ruined the game a little. Maybe if one player fails to vote they die but if more than that then an extension is given.

Anyway it was fun and thanks again TSK.

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't mind being killed off in any one situation djdee, no need to apologize. I'm just generically annoyed because it's happened to me for many consecutive games.

Also, lol at dollabillz slaying Engie on night 1 just cause he could. :lol:

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:28 pm

*Manimal wrote:Also, lol at dollabillz slaying Engie on night 1 just cause he could.
∞ paranoiarodeo awards dollabillz a special "Luxtoberfest 8 Best Meta-Griefer" medal ∞

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 pm

aaaaaaahaha

yeah, i enjoyed that more than i should have.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

and i demand that that medal actually shows up in my profile, para.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Sorry to innocents for not voting...I had been at a funeral for my wife's aunt and by the time I checked I had already been sent to death. Kind of screwed us but in my defense, I pm'd Rhye to get some direction on who to vote for at the beginning of the day and never heard back so whatevs.

So to clarify here...nobody won?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 pm

So sorry about your wife's aunt, Will, and you certainly shouldn't fret about this silly little game. There were a number of "unforeseen circumstances" plaguing several players. I blame the curse of dustin's Studio, of course.

As for no one winning, yes, I'm afraid that's the way it turned out. All three remaining players died on the last Day, just leaving the Studio to laugh at the hubris of these mere mortals (and non-mortals) invading its space. Frustrating lack of resolution, I know...

P.S.- huge props to djdee for playing it out even with a very slim chance at a win. Such a fine villain!

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Yes, nobody one, but the game got a little weird with 3 people. As djdee said:
djdee wrote:If there is only 1 creature left then they really cannot win. I think when it is down to the last 3 players abstentions should not be allowed. Otherwise you may as well call it the end once there is only one creature/mafia left alive.
I agree with that. The fact that I abstained (or had the intentions of abstaining, as it were) was kind of cheap. By leaving only myself I've kind of won......... sort of......

The ending of Mafia XXVIII played out better, with the simple 'showdown' thingy. Idk though, there is still room for improvement with the end-game.