Mafia 29: Luxtober Fright Fest Redux — Official Game Thread

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:19 pm

The game does get a little weird with only three people left. I remember a nerve-wracking showdown or two myself... (Owned, you rascal!). At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious one more time:

If Rhye had voted against schroberts, djdee would have taken him out the next Night for a clear Creatures win.

If Rhye had voted against djdee, the Revelers would have had a clear win.

A slim chance that Rhye would risk voting, but as both schroberts and djdee showed as innocent to investigation, and since a number of interesting choices had been made throughout the game, it seemed a possibility.

The Luxwood showdown was, as nearly as I can remember, the first of its kind. Since this one was intended to be a back-to-basics Mafia, I didn't pull out any tricks. Y'all are just too jaded!

(Me, too, lol.. give me confusion and complexity every time...)

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 pm

the endings are never fun... but, still a great game. And by the way, I didn't defend myself cause everything I used would have gotten you lynched djee, and I didn't want that.

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I find it ironic that I encouraged Dracula to kill the sheriff day two, but he decided to off one of his own instead. :D

I hate abstaining in general. I wish everyone were forced to vote. I also think PMs (among innocents) ruin the game because it discourages anyone from posting anything of value in the thread.

The best games are played when people need to hint at their roles, hope others pick up on them without being too obvious and voting records make the bulk of the evidence.

I'll probably skip games in the future that allow abstaining and PMs - just because the "abstain and wait for a sheriff to come forward" followed by the sheriff asking for a complete role-claim takes all the fun and strategy out of the game.

my 2 cents

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 pm

For the record, only like 2 people told me their roles :?

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:10 pm

You RAWK TSK!

GG everyone.

I swear some day I will make it past round three in a Mafia game.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Rhye wrote:For the record, only like 2 people told me their roles :?
:smt044

Me and schroberts? or do you mean only two people told you the truth about your role?

I agree with RandomGuy no abstaining and no pms would be cool, though I think I excel at the behind the scenes thing and am not so good at the open approach. Also agree that the "wait for the sheriff" approach is not so interesting and very high risk for the innocents, they got lucky this time because Rhye just happened to pick 2 of us early. It just took him to have missed one of those and we would have won.

Yes RG I laughed out loud when Rhye came forward, but it made you and him trust me a little :) I could be genuine when I told Rhye you had told me to lynch him :P

Kude I tried to get myself killed in day 1 due to limited time for me to play but you were just too nice to me....... (getting one of us lynched was the plan. whoever survived would have been stronger, actually I think you would have been even stronger than I was.) No one would have thought I would have got one of my own to lynch me and at least one of the other would have supported your vote against me making them above suspicion as well.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:16 pm

You [djdee], Schroberts, Will, and Enzo actually, but that's still a pretty bad turnout. And it was especially useless since only 1 of you claimed to be something. (Enzo came forth as zombie)

But then, I suppose, most of the unique roles were dead by day 2-3 so........ I guess I couldn't of hoped for much.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm

You thank you for the great host TSK.

Enjoy the nice little twists you put on this game and little write ups. Your work is appreciated.

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks TSK!

I was jealous RG got to be Sookie...

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm

ANNA PAQUIN! that's who that is.

okay that was random but i was subjected to an episode of true blood and it was bugging me.

she needs to go back to brunette

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm

but i was buffy so fuck all y'all

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:24 pm

a horribly ineffectual and spiteful buffy but still