the level of class in deux is so sad these days.....

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Shall
I Shall...

Post by Shall » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:29 am

I would love to play some polite deux games, just with the usual allotment of players that play in it, its everything I can do to keep from blowing up at them EVERY game.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: the level of class in deux is so sad these days.....

Post by Bean » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:43 pm

3DA wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 am
Yo Daddy wrote:its amazing how low the quality players of deux have become......

If a player makes a boneheaded maneuver, like placing in a country your clearly trying to control, or spending all their armies to smash you - anything that is pretty certain to take you both out of the game - I find the best thing to do is say something like, "i'm not sure that was the wisest thing to do, Player X," and then wait to see what happens. Usually the bad strategy will play itself out in a crushing defeat. Then, if you're polite and easy about it, usually the other player will listen to some friendly advice from someone who's played more than they have. Sometimes, of course, they don't want to listen and that's fine, too.

Sometimes, however, I've been the victim of someone's "bad move," and they've gone on to win the game. In this instance I have to question MY judgment. Was it a bad move, or did it just go against my plan for the game?

Anyway - just my $.02. Thanks for listening. I hope to see you all soon.
yep