October 15th - 19th Survivor

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:52 pm

oooh! shiny! :D
Image Image

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:57 pm

OK all the time trials are complete : http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 830#174830

Amazingly, team G did actually qualify...but they aren't here! If they want to get their games in, they better show up quickly...

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Results from Group 3 :

Game 1 : Team D (hoodie, MinorKing, Dangerous Beans) vs. Team L (Mr-M, Naraku, Micella) resulted in 3 points for Team D, 1 point for Team L

Game 2 : Team F (Scad, Packman, tech1) vs. Team D (hoodie, MinorKing, Dangerous Beans) resulted in 3 points for Team D, 1 point for Team F

Game 3 : Team F (Scad, tech1) vs. Team L (Naraku, Mr-M) resulted in 3 points for Team L, 1 point for Team F

Team D : 6 points - qualified
Team L : 4 points
Team F : 2 points
Team G : 0 points

Extra results from Group 2 :

*Game 4 : Team J (Lantern, Cheech99) vs. Team B (Nimrod7, General K) resulted in 3 points for Team B, 1 point for Team J

*Game 5 : Team K (Sir Isaac, -NN-Grim) vs. Team J (Frost, Beetroot) resulted in 3 points for Team J, 1 point for Team K

*these results are invalid until Team J plays Team C

Team B : 7 points
Team C : 6 points
Team K : 3 points
Team J : 4 points

SUNDAY - FINALS
Hopefully we'll have the last Group 2 match between Team C and Team J. It could lead to a strange situation - Team A qualified from Group 1, Team D from Group 3. If J beats C tomorrow, we have a 3-way tie for the lead in Group 2. If C beats J, C goes through.

Quite how this'll play out in the finals I don't know yet...but I hope J, C, B, D, and A all show up tomorrow and we'll work it out!

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:06 pm

I'll put the Survivor room up in a minute or so...first order of business is the last Group 2 game between teams J and C.

If J wins :
We'll be having a 3-way game between J, C, and B to determine the winner of the group, followed by qualifiers between the losing two teams from the same game, team L from group 3, and team H from group 1 to determine who joins the winning team, team A, and team D in the finals.

If C wins :
We'll have a playoff between teams B and J to determine the second place in the group, followed by qualifiers between the winning team, team L from group 3, and team H from group 1 to determine who joins teams A, D, and C in the finals.

So basically - team A (djdee, Meron, Digital Jihad, Trinkett, Qwert, JAL) and team D (mud, magpie, minorking, blind willie, hoodie, Dangerous Beans) probably don't need to show up for another hour or so. Team J (Lantern, TazzyGirl, Frost, Kain Mercenary, Beetroot, cheech99) and team C (MissChaos, SnyperEye, Precious, Mike, *Manimal, SecondTermMistake) we need as soon as possible, as well as team B (C-Rex, General K, Nimrod7, Deuce, MaW1028, Grozoth), team L (CrazyWoman, Rated Insane, Naraku, Kostbird, Micella, Mr. M) and team H (deep blue, jelly, BigSausage, Odelay, Enokrad, whirlplaid) directly afterwards.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Preacherman wrote: We'll be having a 3-way
Yep, this is the old-skooler tournament.

crimsonhosking
Luxatoobaphobia

Post by crimsonhosking » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Preacherman wrote:OK all the time trials are complete : http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 830#174830

Amazingly, team G did actually qualify...but they aren't here! If they want to get their games in, they better show up quickly...
this is the problem with starting games before everyone has qualified. Teams that hadn't qualified should have been removed.
This seemed to throw everything off balance.

Digital Jihad
MOTW Master

Post by Digital Jihad » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 pm

So what happened with the finals? I was at a festival with the family all day and couldn't make it.

Kain Mercenary
Luxer

Post by Kain Mercenary » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Digital Jihad wrote:So what happened with the finals? I was at a festival with the family all day and couldn't make it.
Team J defied all odds, made it to the finals and soundly defeated Team B. ;)

GG everyone! I had a great time playing in the finals. :D

C-Rex
Lux Piethrower

Post by C-Rex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 am

Congrats Team J. Well played!

Hats and wigs off for you guys. :smt023

The Clowns had fun in the finals even if the Gods of Dice were mean to us in the first rounds of the the last game.

Looking forward to kick your butts next year.

beetroot
is your friend

Post by beetroot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 am

yeah indeed, good game to all

PIPC!

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am

crimsonhosking wrote:this is the problem with starting games before everyone has qualified. Teams that hadn't qualified should have been removed.
This seemed to throw everything off balance.
All teams hadn't completed their time trials on the first day, but all teams from each group had done theirs before their group games started, so it was fair. Because team G (group 3) had the worst time on the first day, all each team from group 1 and group 2 had to do was beat that time - they all did, so we knew that the games were all valid. The problem only came on Saturday, when the last group 3 team to time trial actually didn't beat team G's time. This thread was updated in two places, all team G had to do was check the thread or pop in the room and they would have seen that they had qualified.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:09 am

Extra results from Group 2 :

Game 1 : Team J (Lantern, Cheech99, Beetroot) vs. Team C (MissChaos, SnyperEye, PreciousK) resulted in 3 points for Team J, 1 point for Team C

Team B : 7 points
Team C : 7 points
Team J : 7 points
Team K : 3 points

Game 2 : 3-way playoff to decide the group winner between Team J (Lantern, Cheech99) vs. Team C (SnyperEye, Precious) vs. Team B (C-Rex, General K) resulted in a win for Team B who thereby qualified for the finals.

Game 3 : Team J (Lantern, Cheech99, Beetroot) vs. Team C (MissChaos, SnyperEye, Precious) resulted in a win for Team J to give them second place in the group.

Qualifiers :

Game 4 : 3-way playoff between the second place team in each group between Team J (Beetroot, Cheech99) vs. Team H (deep blue, Enokrad) vs. Team L (Micella, Naraku) resulted in a win for Team J who thereby qualified for the finals together with Team B, Team A, and Team D (group winners).

Finals

Game 5 : Team B (General K, Nimrod7) vs. Team D (hoodie, mud) resulted in 3 points for Team B, and 1 point for Team D.

Game 6 : Team D (hoodie, mud, MinorKing) vs. Team J (Beetroot, Lantern, Cheech99) resulted in 3 points for Team J, and 1 point for Team D.

Game 7 : Team B (General K, C-Rex, Nimrod7) vs. Team J (Kain Mercenary, Lantern, Cheech99) resulted in 3 points for Team J, and 1 point for Team D.

Team J : 6 points
Team B : 4 points
Team D : 2 points
Team A : ½ point (for djdee showing up)

I will get the medals awarded to the winning teams over the day. As usual semi-holy femurs of participation will also be awarded to all players who either played at least one game for their team, or who were available to do so.

Thanks for taking part everyone. The king (team D) is dead, long live the king (team J)! :smt029
Last edited by Preacherman on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:24 am

On behalf of Team J, I would like to thank Preacher for hosting an excellent tournament once again. It was a lot of fun playing against all of you.

I am very proud of my team and it is so nice to be able to upgrade from the Silver to Gold this year.

Ohh hoodie.. shiny :)

Great to see everyone there especially Preach, Miss C, Kate, Snype, GK, Nimrod, C-Rex, mud, hoodie, Minor King, micella, and anyone else I missed.

PIPC4L!
Great job guys!

Lantern
:smt029
Last edited by Lantern on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 am

OK, all the shiny skulls and femurs of participation have been awarded...skulls go to each member of the winning teams, femurs to everyone else who I remember having at least poked their heads into the room during the tournament regardless of whether they got to play a game or not. If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know.

Next year we're updating the map :twisted:

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 am

hey preach you forgot to give team A half a point for one of us turning up :(

djdee grumbles and goes off to sack the squad.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

djdee wrote:hey preach you forgot to give team A half a point for one of us turning up :(
Fixed :P

beetroot
is your friend

Post by beetroot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:43 pm

i would like to say thanks to preach for organizing and hosting this event

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm

This was a blast! Thanks preach. :smt023

Congrats to teams J, B, and D.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:24 pm

gg y'all! well played!

we'll be back next year... ya gotta lose sometime if ya wanna regain your title!

8)

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Sorry about leaving that game, but I noticed that I was 15 minutes late to work and didn't have anytime. Hopefully MK was able to take over for me without any problems

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:24 pm

GG to everyone that participated! Thanks to my wonderful Preach, for hosting this again!
It was fun as always... :D

But, I would like to take this moment to say that I really don't understand you people, who sign up for these sort of events, and never show up? You are spoiling it, not only for your own team, but also for all the other teams. I hope that Preach can come up with some way to get around this for the future.

Thanks to my team mates, who not only played well, but also were bringing laughter in the chat! You're the best! :D

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:24 pm

I agree with people signing up then not showing up, but the only game I was able to play was on a lunch break to qualify our team. The schedule essentially made it impossible for West Coast america to play if you have a job.

I never even saw the host besides that one day I qualified, otherwise, I would have loved to play. Obviously there are people out there who just flaked out, but some of us never even had an opportunity to play.

Anyway,

Thanks for doing all organizing and hosting Preach. Wish I could have been there.

soundboy
Sonic Turtle

Post by soundboy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:16 pm

My sincere congratulations to all who participated, and uber congrats to the winners.
All I've got to say about the time trials and the qualifying process is that there should have been a cutoff for registration. There should have been a set amount of teams, and if you missed registration, you could have been an alternate, as obviously some teams needed one or two.
If you knew there was going to be too many teams, we needed to know about qualifying well ahead of time. Everybody has tight schedules, and life doesn't revolve around lux.
When I checked Saturday morning, we still were nowhere near qualifying - I couldn't put my trip to Syracuse on hold for teams that were given as long as they needed to qualify. It's a bummer, and I'm sure it was a good time... but fly by night posed a lot of scheduling conflicts that would never gone over in the real world.
e.g... Sorry Honey, I can't go to Syracuse to see your family because I might be in a Lux Survivor Tourney.

Next year, how about at least a cutoff for the teams and/or a specific time frame for qualifying. That way, everybody has the same heads up. The same time to prepare, and the same opportunity to schedule accordingly.
Still not knowing if you are playing on the day of competition puts you in a hell of a pickle.

Thanks for listening, and again, congrats to the winners.

:smt020

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:05 pm

I have a solution. Next year will be the first annual : LUX SURVIVOR SLEEP OVER AT PREACH AND MISSC'S! Whoever isn't playing at the time can take the beautiful chaotic lady out dancing. ∞ Nim organizes travel arrangements to Sweden ∞

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 am

Nimrod7 wrote:I have a solution. Next year will be the first annual : LUX SURVIVOR SLEEP OVER AT PREACH AND MISSC'S!
I know I will not clog up the shower drain, I'm in.