The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:23 am

paranoiarodeo wrote: but that sorta thing would require more time and effort than I'm willing to give as a volunteer moderator.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 am

Team Virtue: I defintily can't be here today on wednesday. I hope you Cyn/BWE/Lantern/George can do this today. Take some wins for us!

If necessary the friday time would be possible for me.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 am

paranoiarodeo wrote:I just wanna say that I know 80% don't understand that graph, and that's okay.

∞ paranoiarodeo waves his hands around dismissively ∞
Who cares what it means? It's got polka dots!

:smt055 :smt055 :smt055

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am

By the way, thank you, paranoiarodeo, for stepping in so the tournament could continue!

:smt055 :smt055 :smt055 again...

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Re: The 6th Annual Castle Tournament

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:35 pm

SnyperEye wrote:FINALS - Castle Rivers
(Finals includes all 6 Kingdoms)
(NO SUBSTITUTES)
So on the last day (River Castles), the game play will continue just as it has through out the tourney and points will count in the exact same manner as the prior months worth of games?

And there will be five river castle games played?

I ask this so I can know how many total games are left where I can convince the other teams to asshat Bane.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:04 pm

5 river castle games???

that will take from the end of January to the start of October........

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:06 pm

kude wrote:
paranoiarodeo wrote: but that sorta thing would require more time and effort than I'm willing to give as a volunteer moderator.

so what Kude???

Para is stating that in the FUTURE, a certain action WOULD require more time and effort that he is willing to give as a volunteer, which tells both me and my 4 yr old daughter that he is indeed a volunteer, and does NOT get paid......

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 pm

yes, that's what I said... I asked if someone else did get payed for that... you and your daughter should read my OTHER posts in the future too...

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Whirly, if you'd like, I'll make a graph showing why other teams must asshat Fire too, 'cause of the wide separation between second and third place point wise. Sadly, if other teams only asshatted Bane, come February, they'd all end up like Fire's usual ex-girlfriends: wined, dined, screwed, and forgotten.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:22 pm

kude wrote:yes, that's what I said... I asked if someone else did get payed for that... you and your daughter should read my OTHER posts in the future too...
Don't do it. It's a trap.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:09 pm

I want in! (next year since its too late)

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 am

Nimrod7 wrote:
kude wrote:yes, that's what I said... I asked if someone else did get payed for that... you and your daughter should read my OTHER posts in the future too...
Don't do it. It's a trap.
ROFL! Actually as reading usually involves comprehension, one can usually pass a kude post before one's eyes without actually any "reading" becoming involved....Your eyes MIGHT STILL begin watering.....

luiz zenni
Luxer

Post by luiz zenni » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Engie - congratulations on your individual performance during the tournament, you are one of the best players. But I'm wondering the tournament teams and what is a good time to have the best player if he does not want to play for the team, think you've done your part (5 games). imagine if the best soccer player in the world refuses to play for your team just because he won the title of the best. I believe that a team is made of a set is always better than the other, but you have to play for the team, if not the tournament does not make sense. It is not an individual tournament, and the individualism at this time only brings losses. :wall: GO WATER !!!!!

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

*Manimal golf claps for luizze

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:08 pm

luizze laying down the law!

/me knows where his ROY vote is going this october

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Post by Capicola » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't really know but lui said, but I do know I liked it.

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Do we know when the finals are yet?

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Finals? How about Sunday at 3pm EST?

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Sounds good!

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Capicola wrote:I don't really know but lui said, but I do know I liked it.
he called out engie for sitting on his stats, i think.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm

haha GOT EM! All I have to say to Luizze's post is WOW.

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Luiz, while I understand your intent, I find it completely inappropriate to call out your teammate this way in public. When did I say that I was not going to play any longer? I only came to play on Wednesday because I thought I needed another game still... I had pushed back my lunch and social plans for the evening specifically for this tourney, so that I could finish my required games. Once I had determined that I had all of my required games, I no longer felt it logical to screw up my day's plans in order to play games that my other teammates could cover for me on.

Also, as I have previously stated-- I cannot make it on Friday because I will be in school until 4:00 EST. Though I will likely be available to play on the finals day.

/me glares at Drifter, mani and dolla.
Last edited by engie on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 pm

luiz zenni wrote:Engie - congratulations on your individual performance during the tournament, you are one of the best players. But I'm wondering the tournament teams and what is a good time to have the best player if he does not want to play for the team, think you've done your part (5 games). imagine if the best soccer player in the world refuses to play for your team just because he won the title of the best. I believe that a team is made of a set is always better than the other, but you have to play for the team, if not the tournament does not make sense. It is not an individual tournament, and the individualism at this time only brings losses. :wall: GO WATER !!!!!
i believe the moderators are looking for some new blood.........

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Both Friday, and Sunday are really not looking good for Mazza.....Friday, which is actually Saturday here, I am working, and may be home for the last hr or so, but really cannot look into the crystal ball to committ either way a Yes or No. sunday, which is monday over here, is totally out of the question, as i have a huge job which is a 2hr drive away from home, so i suspect that my whole monday wilol be devoted to work......Tuesday and Wednesday are also work days for me this week, with big jobs on, so unfortunately, i may not be able to play 1 more game in this tourney, which effin sucks, but i have complete faith in Batman, Robin and Cat-Woman to bring home the bacon for BANE........

(i know Cat Woman is Schro, but still not sure whether Para or Naraku is more suited to the blue tights of Batman, or the green of Robin)

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Well, Mazza, it's entirely possible that I'll divide the finals into two separate days. River Castles is a nightmare map, and games tend to last forever, so I kinda doubt we're gonna get five full games in on Sunday. Also, based on how Snype hosted the finals last year, I'll probably do 2v2v2 for the penultimate game, and 3v3 for the conclusive game, which means we'll need a little more coordination among the last teams standing. It might be best to play three games this Sunday, and eliminate fourth, fifth and sixth places, then pick one last day early next week, based on the schedules of the remaining teams and players.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Sorry, Mazzz, doesn't look like cat woman will be able to play on Sunday. But if there are more final games after that, I'm in.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 pm

I wish Virtue good luck in tomorrow's games. I am sorry but I will not be home tomorrow or Sunday to compete.

:/

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 am

I will be there tomorrow for all last king games, right from the start! Cardano please show up to get your last game in if you remember...

I will growl at any other Earth members that try to pry me from one of my all time favorite maps :wink:

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Why am I awake before noon? Ugh.

∞ paranoiarodeo chews on some coffee beans ∞