The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

I can delay my visit to the pub ;)

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Earth and Air players: I will open the official tourney room on Saturday at 6pm EST. That's two hours before the Bane and Fire finale begins. Hopefully, enough of you will come, so there can be a lighthearted, not so serious game, and then you'll hang around for this year's battle royale.

(For the love of Lincoln, please remember that Lux should be silly and fun. Thanks.)

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 pm

paranoiarodeo wrote:(For the love of Lincoln, please remember that Lux should be silly and fun. Thanks.)

Marauder
Midnight Luxer

Post by Marauder » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm

I will open the official tourney room on Saturday at 6pm EST
I will open an officially unofficial finals game of my own at the same time. Be there or be square :)

In defense of Millty, I think he was just trying to salvage and organize a third place game. His heart was in the right place.

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 pm

how does the finals works anyway....I was not there last year so I dont really know how the games go on.....

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:17 pm

∞ Drifter falls off his chair ∞

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm

∞ paranoiarodeo facepalms ∞

(Maybe I should just declare Fire this year's champs, so we can stick a fork in this over baked fruitcake.)

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Im just asking is it just a regular game like all the other game.its just the 3vs 3 and the 2 vs 2 I dont understand if its gonna be like any other game.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

3v3 will be played with staggered turns: Bane, Fire, Bane, Fire, Bane, Fire. Scoring will be done the same as always, points for place and kills, including any kills you make against your own teammates. Points will be added to the current team totals, so theoretically, we might not need to play the second game, if Bane is still more than 17 points ahead after the first game, but maybe we could keep playing for fun.

(Over baked fruitcake. Nom.)

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Wrap that fruitcake in bacon and count me in...

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 pm

thx thats all what i wanted to know.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Good luck Fire........we play as enemies, but yet, i consider all of you to be friends in luxdom......from Drifter, who is truly my lux hero, Hearts, my lux babycakes, Shock, my "challenger" to my babycakes, Whirly, my fellow mod, Enokrad, my pepporoni pizza pal, and Guill, my fellow Italian Stallion...i love you all, but at the same time, i wanna have 1 of those Gold Jpegs instead of you guys....Good luck all, may the competition be fierce yet friendly, and may the best team win!!

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler

Post by Drifter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 am

Indeed, may the best team win! Who are we playing against?

luiz zenni
Luxer

Post by luiz zenni » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:28 am

:smt023 :bacon :bacon :bacon :bacon

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 am

oh dear - 4 dancing pickles in one castle are too much!
:castle :smt071 :bacon || :smt071 :bacon || :smt071 :bacon

/me looks forward for watching relaxed some hot final games. I hope someone brings pistachios.
Good luck for the remaining teams! 2013 Virtue will return for th finals!

luiz zenni
Luxer

Post by luiz zenni » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Soon, I hope with a pickle surviver of the massacre. :bacon :smt023

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm

All right Team Fire!

Lets get ready to do some severe damage!

7 hours and 45 minutes to go.

Destroy!

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Burn baby burn!

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh, Whirly. Are you always three hours behind the rest of us?

(Four hours forty-five minutes.)

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 am

Congrats Team Bane.

It was a well deserved victory.
The Final match was a good fight but Bane outplayed us in the end.
All due were it's deserved.

While i don't like losing, watching a superb played game by my opponents was some consolation.

Congrats to all my Fire brethren for their great performance as always.
I apologize that i wasn't able to contribute more this year.

I'd like to also thank Snyper for hosting this tourney all these years, as well as para for taking over hosting this year and creating his automatic scoring system for it.

Thanks to everyone who participated for the great games this year.

Till the next one
/me crosses fingers

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 am

Thanks to Snyper for hosting again; Whilst i am not sure why he and Precious have had to leave so suddenly, it has always been a privelage to play in this tourney, it is my favourite one of the year, always has been, and without his hosting, his sponsprship, his tourney, we would not get to play at all.

Thanks to all participating teams......it was great to see 6 peeps in every team again, it was great to see such quality of luxer in the draft this year; to have Para, Big Will, 3DA, Dolla, Marauder and Schroberts join us gave the castle tourney prolly another dimension with such decorated performers comin into the fold.

Thanks to Fire for putting up such a strong performance all month, and for putting up such an enthralling finale to the tourney.......like i said earlier, i love each and every one of you guys, and it is hard when you have to compete against friends, things can get a lil difficult" at times.......but it also shows the quality of people that we have here in luxdom, when someone like Shock can come and join me and para in a room only hours after the Final, and chat and assess the final, and the month with such a clear head, and honesty, and act like there was no animosity at all was truly great......

Thanks to all of my team members for finally gettging Bane over the line, after years of being the laughing stock of this competition. big thanks to Samuel and Naraku for persisting with this team, and even though i know the draftees didnt have a choice where they played, a huge thanks to Schroberts, Deep, and Paranoiarodeo for representing BANE with such distinction. Every member played their part, did the job, and committed to the cause, and it got us the result we needed. Special mention must go to Naraku and Para for showing everyone else how a Team truly functions, even though a history of animosity has existed between the 2 players. I think everyone thought I was truly a "pissed idiot" by choosing para 1st and puttin these 2 guys in a team together, even Snyper sent me a PM askin if i was sure, but i was confident that the 2 of em would put difference aside for the greater good, and it was truly an honor to sit in the house of BANE with the 2 of you together plotting everyone else's downfall....i go to the early pages of this thread, and LOL at all the doubters now, but i guess, as they say, winners are grinners......I also must thank the 2 of you for allowing me to get the win on the final game......i was very much the weakest link out of the 3 of us in that final game, kept self-locking myself, had no income, could not follow team directions, the only thing i actually did was kill shock with the most wonderful set of dice ever known to mankind. It was a really nice gesture from Para to say "Let mazza have it", and an even nicer gesture from Nara to allow me, when it would've prolly been easier to wipe me off the board the way i was lockin myself.....heh, i guess you guys know how many tears i have shed over BANE in the past.........

In 2009 Deez Nuts and I made a pact that if BANE won a tourney, we would both get BANE tatooed of our bodies......well, i dunno if it still stands, as Deez did not play for BANE, however, watch this space.........

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm

The final this year was by far my favorite and the most enjoyable to play in. A big Congrats to Team Bane! You guys/gal did very well this year and it was a much deserved victory! Well done!

Also, a big thanks to Snype for being a lovely host as always. And even bigger thanks to Para, for stepping in when he was needed and really finishing the tournament on a good note. Also the nifty score thingy was much appreciated.

I was very proud to be a part of Team Fire again this year. I think we played well overall as a team, but even more important I think our attitudes were stellar. I have a lot of respect for my teammates on how they acted and carried themselves throughout the tournament. I really really wub you guys!

deez nuts
Bane before beer

Post by deez nuts » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 am

BANE FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!! Mazza I will tat bane down my right forearm.. No questions asked, Somehow I got put on a team other than BANE, so I did not play, I Will continue to rock out with my cock out with a BANE TAT ,And I will post this soon, Mazza are you on facebook? pm me

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

As usual the castle tournament was good fun this year. Many thanks to para for taking over on Snype's departure and doing a stellar job running the show.

Made more pathing blunders than I'd ever like to remember in this tournament, but still managed to be in the upper quarter of players somehow, so not a terrible showing for me.

And of course it's good fun, especially getting to play with some people that only seem to come around for this tournament :D

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:20 am

A couple of quick notes before I close the book on this tourney:

1. An official results thread has been posted — LINK. That lets everyone see their results in each and every game. Plus, there's a mini leaderboard showing where teams ranked every step along the way. I don't wanna get lost in geeky math details, but I will say those team numbers are an approximation, which the unplayed minimum required games penalty phased in across the entire span of pre-finals games. Not a perfect way for calculating things, but close enough for government work, I say. Also, since several people asked, I posted an alternate individual leaderboard, excluding time penalties. Some players had the misfortune of being stuck in more marathons than others. As you can see, those penalties made a big difference on the final numbers.

2. Medals have been given to all Bane, Fire, and Air players. Yes, I know the images say 2010, but this is temporary. The mouse over text correctly says 2012. The images will be updated later this week, after mbauer or myself find time to airbrush the numerals. The update won't affect your medal order prefs, so feel free to move them around now. Basically, I didn't wanna wait any longer to give you all your shinys.

3. Snype logged into the forums yesterday, and read my message include mailing addresses for prize winners. Unfortunately, he did not reply, but he previously said that we should expect delivery in four to six weeks. I'll try contacting him again in early March for more info, and PM players with updates, if need be.

Otherwise, I just wanna thank everyone for playing, and look forward to hosting again next year.

(Assuming Snype is truly gone for good.)

luiz zenni
Luxer

Post by luiz zenni » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 am

Congratulations to all Winners !! I really like to participate, had a great time cheering.! :clap: :bacon

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 am

Congrats to para on stepping up your game to keep the tourney running when SnyperPie had to do some running of his own :(

Though I didn't participate this year, it appears that the level of complaints isn't the high level it was in previous years.....kudos! :D

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Bravo, Castle-ers and Castle-ettes! I really, really enjoyed spectating at this tournament, and was impressed with the way good sportsmanship and fun generally carried the day, even though it was obviously serious business.

Congratulations, BANE!

And thanks to SnyperEye and paranoiarodeo for the marvelous hosting. As for those stats taken to the next level... to quote luizze from Team Water, "WOW"!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

2012 Rosters

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:10 pm