The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:55 pm

I could switch the steps. I'd like to see where we stand first as of the 15th when all the current memberships are settled in.

deez nuts
Bane before beer

Post by deez nuts » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Mazza!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring BANE a win this year!.
To busy rebuilding my home to even try to get in

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 pm

SERENITY NOW!

from what mani said, that kind of zero tolerance policy sounds just plain dumb. especially considering the conflict of interest seeing as snype is both the tourney director and a team member.

it seems that everyone playing in this tournament is a veteran with a solid reputation in the community, there's no reason to treat us like children.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:42 pm

nope, I'm playing. That means not EVERYONE is a veteran...

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 pm

dollabillz wrote:SERENITY NOW!

from what mani said, that kind of zero tolerance policy sounds just plain dumb. especially considering the conflict of interest seeing as snype is both the tourney director and a team member.

it seems that everyone playing in this tournament is a veteran with a solid reputation in the community, there's no reason to treat us like children.
Which means if I can control my fingers so can everyone else. There is no conflict of interest as I have no issues throwing penalties on my own team as *manimal pointed out. I dont look at it as treating anyone as children. Its my wish and my right to run a negative-free enviroment. Aside Luxtoberfest the Castle Tournament is the longest running tournament to date and I do think that creating this type of atmosphere is a contributing factor to its longevity.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:21 pm

1. i think a crowd of people shouting for a penalty every time someone says "fuck" would be more upsetting to the atmosphere than the mere mention of the word itself.

2. a conflict of interest isn't resolved when you say "well i just won't do that then", that's kind of what makes it a conflict of interest.

3. i'd wager that the reason for the tournament's longevity has more to do with the prizes than your skills as an organizer.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

i mean, i'm down with having some way to police the community when its citizens become incapable of policing themselves. but we have the /megamute feature for just that eventuality don't we?

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:37 pm

1 suggestion that i would like to add if i may.......

we all know that most teams use a private room, or AIM to chat to each other bout tactics and the like during a game.......i would like to propose a 1 point penalty for ANYONE giving advice to their own team or ANY other team in the main castle tourney room.........too many times over the years there has been too much advice thrown out there bout how "Water is too strong, hit em now everyone", or " BANE is so sexy, do not let them win", that i believe this should penalise teams as much as the profanity law does. If we are using private rooms, thewre should be no reason to discuss certain tactical moves in front of the 6 participating players present.

Agree, disagree?

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:53 pm

i dig it

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm

I understand your views and we can debate it all night but it's a rule that is not going to change. I am sorry if you personally find it as a disadvantage or unfair because the nature of your behavior is for a lack of better words unprofessional at times knowing you can't help but not to swear. I hope you do decide to participate but if its something you cant agree to then this just might not be a tournament you should participate in. With that said I will look forward to your COC compliance for registration.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I usually play in the evening (USA CST 8PM - 12AM) or there a bouts. If a team needs a player or alternate, the bidding starts at 0.5 bids...

In other words, I'd like to play if a team needs a player.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 pm

i think you have answered dolla's query, but what about the most recent question i have proposed Snyper, have you had any thoughts about that??

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm

SnyperEye wrote:... For those of you who are "Swear Happy" Say it out your mouth and not through your fingers and you wont have to worry.
I couldn't agree more.Image

So... is 'poop' okay?

Psst, dolla... you don't always have to make a scene to be seen...

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 pm

æ

V.VI..VIR...VIRT....VIRTU.....VIRTUE!!!!!!!!!!!

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 pm

SnyperEye wrote:I understand your views and we can debate it all night but it's a rule that is not going to change. I am sorry if you personally find it as a disadvantage or unfair because the nature of your behavior is for a lack of better words unprofessional at times knowing you can't help but not to swear. I hope you do decide to participate but if its something you cant agree to then this just might not be a tournament you should participate in. With that said I will look forward to your COC compliance for registration.
oh i was never thinking you'd change the rule. i was just talking out loud.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Did I get drafted yet? How much did it cost?

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 pm

SnyperEye wrote:RE: DRAFT

Current members have the ability to change kingdoms now through Dec 15th where seats become permanent.

The draft still will be a first come/first selected process as its always been. (SO DONT DELAY ON THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, COC ETC...)

Team selection was eliminated last year and replaced with a bid process. I will be using the same process again this year. 100 bids are given to each kingdom to use to draft a player during the draft.

1 question with this snyper.......

say Bane have 3 spots open, we need to draft in 3 players........but if Fire have only 1 spot vacant, how does this "bidding" process work? Any player that Fire want well, they only have to go 100% on them, and they receive that player, whereas BANE cannot go 100% because they have to fill 3 spots, which becomes very unfair, unless Fire are kept OUT of any bidding untill all teams have only 1 vacancy......

could you pls clarify this point as well?

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Lantern wants to know if virtue can recruit old virtue players

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

mazza wrote:could you pls clarify this point as well?
You come to a fork in the road. One road leads to Hell, the other to Heaven. On both sides of the road there is a person. One is a pathological liar (everything he says is false), the other a pathalogical truth teller (everything he says is true). If you get to ask a single question to one of them, what would you ask to choose which road you will continue your journey on?

Now remember- you have to ask a question that would not only determine if he was a liar or truth teller AND which road leads to which place...

(EDIT: Needlessly oversized quotes in forum posts make baby Lincoln cry.)

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

If any teams are interested in having a Schroberts added to their ranks, I'm up for grabs. All I ask is that you grab gently :)

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:51 pm

oh Schroberts.....

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 pm

mazza wrote:
SnyperEye wrote:RE: DRAFT

Current members have the ability to change kingdoms now through Dec 15th where seats become permanent.

The draft still will be a first come/first selected process as its always been. (SO DONT DELAY ON THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, COC ETC...)

Team selection was eliminated last year and replaced with a bid process. I will be using the same process again this year. 100 bids are given to each kingdom to use to draft a player during the draft.

1 question with this snyper.......

say Bane have 3 spots open, we need to draft in 3 players........but if Fire have only 1 spot vacant, how does this "bidding" process work? Any player that Fire want well, they only have to go 100% on them, and they receive that player, whereas BANE cannot go 100% because they have to fill 3 spots, which becomes very unfair, unless Fire are kept OUT of any bidding untill all teams have only 1 vacancy......

could you pls clarify this point as well?
SnyperEye wrote:How I went about it last year was this order in the event of a tied-Bid

1st step: Team with fewer players wins the bid
2nd step: Team with lower placement from previous year wins bid
You may bid 100 on a single player even at the risk of having nothing left to bid. The advantage you have over a team that has 1 opening is "STEP 1" In other words make sure its the player you really want as a 1st pick.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I thought I answered the last post with a response edited by paranoiarodeo.

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I am not gonna be here January 5-8th. Sorry team.

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 am

V.VI..VIR...VIRT....VIRTU.....VIRTUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for another great year

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

mazza wrote:1 suggestion that i would like to add if i may.......

we all know that most teams use a private room, or AIM to chat to each other bout tactics and the like during a game.......i would like to propose a 1 point penalty for ANYONE giving advice to their own team or ANY other team in the main castle tourney room.........too many times over the years there has been too much advice thrown out there bout how "Water is too strong, hit em now everyone", or " BANE is so sexy, do not let them win", that i believe this should penalise teams as much as the profanity law does. If we are using private rooms, thewre should be no reason to discuss certain tactical moves in front of the 6 participating players present.

Agree, disagree?
You are right, there is no reason to discuss tactics in the game room. So anyone who listens to advice given by other teams in the game room does so at their own risk and possible foolishness.

./disagree :twisted:

Milltycoon
Bagels with Lux

Post by Milltycoon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 am

I would not favor penalizing teams for telling each other what to do in the main room. In my opinion, it is up to each team to heed or ignore the words of an opposing player in the chat room. Saying inflammatory things or taunting or threatening to target--those words might be up for disciplinary discretion. But if Earth and Bane (as a random example) have too many peaceful common borders in game after game and this allows Fire, who is leading the tournament, to hit Virtue mercilessly and for several games in a row, it shouldn't be illegal for other teams to try to sway the gameplay. Only profanity, insults and general negativity (and some egregious in-game tactics) should be illegal in my view.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm

We need to be able to employ psychological warfare.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:22 pm

How about a list of the fresh fish waiting for team assignments this year?!

(We draftees might wanna start campaigning for specific teams soon.)

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 pm

paranoiarodeo wrote:(We draftees might wanna start campaigning for specific teams soon.)
I do have to confess, I sure did like being grabbed by that Whirrly fellow earlier...