Raw Rework — Ranking Changes

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Naraku
Lux Demon

Re: Raw Rework — Ranking Changes

Post by Naraku » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Ty for altering the MotM RaW to something much more reasonable.
A few questions though; Is +100 the new max for all hosts or just the MotM host?
What about the RaW spike? I.e. a player waits til friday to play their 1st game of the week wins against high RaW players & spikes several hundreds of points of RaW, will this still happen or will the new 100 limit shut that down?
Are all 3 changes just for MotM or do they also apply to all hosts?

ThanX again :smt023

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Changes affect all maps/rooms. Maximum +100 for any win in any game, so the raw spikes have been nerfed down. You'll need to win at least 5 games to go from 500 to 1000 raw.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 pm

dustin wrote: - raw losses are back for MOTM games, tho they are limited.
- raw losses for bot games have been limited more.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

Can the 100 limit be reviewed after a few days/weeks to see what people think. I forgot what is the raw gain for the winner if all players have the same raw? 90? If so, then 100 limit is a bit close to that isnt it?

chappie
Luxer

Post by chappie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm

can i a make a somewhat nooby suggestion? can the raw at the start of the week be a little higher...for instance if all players have 500, the win raw bonus is the same if all players have around 800 raw. This way playing early in the week will have just as much advantage as say playing on a Thursday. just a thought :llama

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Chappie - this is like raising the minimum wage. All it does is increase pricing. Or in this case, RAW. So instead of RAW being in the 1200 to 1500 range on Sunday, it'll be in the 1500-1800 range.

h0b0
Luxer

Post by h0b0 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:26 pm

But BWE, 1800 RAW is 1800 RAW.

More RAW is more RAW.

Just look at what a resounding success the Weimar Republic proved to be after the Great War. This could be Luxtopia's version of history repeating....

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:29 pm

and min wage also creates work for petty bureaucrats (which is good in a labor saving age). Also, does anyone actually pay someone min wage if they are not like a child or something? I pay a laborer $12.50 and feel a little dirty doing it. If they turn out reasonably competent and don't throw butts around my yard too much, I go $15 and still. $15 full time is around $30K a year.

I love how labor companies charge $19 or $20. You think, "oh, cool I'm putting some folks to work." not. They get paid minimum and the company gets a nice windfall for being an intermediary. /me ralphs on them.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:48 pm

speaking of reviewing things. how many games were played on the motm map this week, post raw dial down and raw loss reinstatement? i have not seen any, but i am not constantly checking the tracker, and i don't know how to check the data re: particular maps played (and our data miner has been banned).

if the raw boost/no raw lost goal was to incentivize play on different maps (motm, specifically), i think it enjoyed some moderate success. there were some fun chase games in that room the last few weeks (the only thing that actually resembled some form of a chase with high ranked players in the room).

now, i suspect you will see little to no action on motm, either on sunday, or the rest of the week. its what pickles might call a 'sticky wicket.'

m

:catrun

p.s. this raw goes to 11! that's one louder, isn't it?!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm

yea, I enjoyed seeing some chases happen on the MOTM. Keeps it fresh, and away from the everyday bio ghetto.

There's still a bonus on MOTM wins, so I encourage you guys to keep jumping into the MOTM room.

We'll see how the adjusted bonus ceiling affects map choices, and can always change it more.

:geek

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:Chappie - this is like raising the minimum wage. All it does is increase pricing. Or in this case, RAW. So instead of RAW being in the 1200 to 1500 range on Sunday, it'll be in the 1500-1800 range.
some would argue that higher minimum wage allows consumers to spend their leftover money into local businesses, therefore increasing the economy.

but more to the point, I always thought the formula was quite good, except for those ridiculous - 160's or even -90's for 6th place.

I also enjoy the +800 raw gained for first on a friday night game, it takes away the forced quantity needed to play earlier in the week to chase on the weekends.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:22 am

kitty on catnip wrote:
Big Will E Style wrote:Chappie - this is like raising the minimum wage. All it does is increase pricing. Or in this case, RAW. So instead of RAW being in the 1200 to 1500 range on Sunday, it'll be in the 1500-1800 range.
some would argue that higher minimum wage allows consumers to spend their leftover money into local businesses, therefore increasing the economy.
Who argues that? That is pure speculation and doesn't really have any merit to it. Minimum wage increases cause companies to do one of two things. Look for ways to increase efficiency and need less employees or increase their prices. If direct labor goes up, it affects the bottom line. Also, imagine working at company in Seattle making $15.00 an hour and you've been there for 3 years after starting at $10.00/hour. Meanwhile, Minimum wage goes up to $15.00 an hour for the new guy who has no skills and has been there 3 months. So now you're equal to this guy? Obviously you want a raise too. Then you get a raise and now you're making around the same as your supervisor, who also wants a raise. He gets a raise and now makes the same as the manager, who wants a raise...etc.etc. While minimum wage is necessary in an economy that has small increments of inflation, it also is a key driver to inflation as well. So extreme increases in minimum wage, in my opinion, are harmful to the economy.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:35 am

From a small business owners perspective, BWE's argument is spot on. And don't get me started on all the insurance bills we have to pay.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Remember guys, this thread is about RAW, not minimum wage. Metaphors only go so far.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:37 am

Maybe metaphors would go farther if they were paid more. Image

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:46 pm

:lol:

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:16 pm

nimrod7 wrote:I think it's a terrible idea to have a popularity contest be the way to choose moderators.
Yeah imagine Kim Kardashian or Donald Trump becoming a moderator.

:panic:

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Max raw win value for a game has been raised to +150.

It had been at 222 before I lowered it to 100. So this is kind of an evening out

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:43 am

dustin wrote:Max raw win value for a game has been raised to +150.

It had been at 222 before I lowered it to 100. So this is kind of an evening out
I would like to publicly vote for higher, my vote is 300 cap, which should decrease fairly rapidly like if a 500 raw nOOb named Dangerous Beans joins on Thursday night against 1000 raw players, imo there seems to be no real reason why he shouldn't get a nice quick boost to start being competitive for the weekend.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:48 am

But n00bs like DB shouldn't be able to jump up the rankings with a fluke win. :P

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 am

Owned wrote:But n00bs like DB shouldn't be able to jump up the rankings with a fluke win. :P

:smt044

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 am

What is RAW?

Baden don't asshat me, don't asshat me, no mo'...

:smt020

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:00 pm

kitty on catnip wrote:
nimrod7 wrote:I think it's a terrible idea to have a popularity contest be the way to choose moderators.
Yeah imagine Kim Kardashian or Donald Trump becoming a moderator.

:panic:
Um, has anyone heard from kitty since the election? :panic: :panic: :panic:

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Another bump.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Bump for Trump ?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:12 pm

¡Trump for Moderator! ¡Arriba!

But no, bumped for kitty, just in case the death squads are already in action and didn't take kindly to his post. Poor, poor widdle kitten!

:smt067 :spark

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:16 am

We have implemented several important changes to the ranking system as well as the rules. The raw forumula itself has not changed (as well as the reset times for weekly and monthly resets), but depending on map and host, you will get different raw for independend rankings systems.

Notably, from now on the weekly chase is only in specific rooms (LEONIDAS) and other popular maps (Bio Deux, Classic, Roman Maps) are only ranked monthly now (but still hosted by Sillysoft's official hosts TITAN and EUROPA).

Further details and Infos

The weekly chases in february are happening only within the Kings & Castles based maps.

Feel free to ask Dustin or the mod squad if you have any questions. MOTM has been eliminated for now until further notice.
Further adjustments might follow.

Requests are welcomed for future themes or weekly maps.

Please note: we also updated the rules for online play.
Rules are here: http://sillysoft.net/lux/rules.php

Regards,

THE MOD SQUAD