These changes are not aimed at killing BioDeux. These changes are geared towards opening up opportunities to the players who like maps that are not the most popular at the time (BioDuex currently). Now multiple chases can happen at the same time. BioDuex players can chase on their map AND Classic players can chase on their map AND IRE players can chase on their map. This change empowers BioDuex as much as the other maps!
Currently, new raw rankings have opened up for the Classic and Roman maps. These rankings are mutually exclusive from each other and the old overall raw.
The Sillysoft Rankings page has been updated with the new ranking leaderboards.
Here are some threads to read over:
- Discussion on rankings specific to map
BioDeux Abuse: Is it the Map or the Culture
Lantern's thoughts on Bio and Lux
- Do we want monthly or weekly resets for these new raws?
- Other than BioDeux, do we want a fourth ranking system? The mod squad + dustin are leaning toward a MOTM raw. Do we want a room that rotates through different maps that has a raw ranking?
- Do we want an overall raw?
- How should seeding be done? Overall using an average of all the ranking systems?
- What if I don't want to play x map or I only want to play y map? How will that affect my seeding or rankings?
- Will someone place first for every map in a given week/month? Will you worship someone who does?