OCT 1-6th :: TWITCH Week

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

OCT 1-6th :: TWITCH Week

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Come try your fast fingers in the TWITCH tournament room this week!

15s (or less) timers!

A minimum of 10 twitch games are required to get a place in the tournament, over the course of the week. Games with 5 or 6 humans will count towards your tournament score. Join a fast timer TOURNAMENT room anytime during the week to participate.

Room will start up on Monday and end when the Classic tournament starts up :)

Last edited by dustin on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: OCT 1-6th :: TWITCH Week

Post by dustin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Twitch rooms are up and running...

Live scoring page
Last edited by dustin on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 pm

We are off to a FAST start twitchers!! 6 players have hit the 10 game minimum so far. Note that you get extra Tally for playing more games, (up to 20 games, which I'm thinking of raising more)

currently:
Tally is calculated as (total points / games) + (games * 0.2)
with a minimum of 10 games required,
and a maximum of 10 games giving extra.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 am

What no Roman Empire II twitch? tsk, tsk, tsk...

I would like to request an RE2 host with the following settings 5,10,15 (no expo cards) , 15% increase, 8 seconds / turn.

So absolutely no memory this luxtoberfest?

Thanks 8)

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 am

Actually there is a Imperium Romanum Expletus Twitch room for the "roman players",
I don't know about the exact plans of Dustin, but I think he/we could change the rooms over the days by also offering a REII and a classic room for some days.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am

Yes we can change some maps. Requests?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 am
What no Roman Empire II twitch? tsk, tsk, tsk...

I would like to request an RE2 host with the following settings 5,10,15 (no expo cards) , 15% increase, 8 seconds / turn.

So absolutely no memory this luxtoberfest?

Thanks 8)

I'll just leave this here & say a big THANK YOU to a super-hero MoD

Now if only it counted in the tournament or if we could also have a twitch classic host maybe???? If that's not asking anything to outrageous or much of an ask...

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:28 pm

There is some concern in the game chats that the calculations are incorrect and that gyp actually won the tournament. Can that be confirmed and the calculations explained clearly?

landlord
Lux Demon

Post by landlord » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:03 pm

https://i.imgur.com/uE01B0Y.png

please advise

We are off to a FAST start twitchers!! 6 players have hit the 10 game minimum so far. Note that you get extra Tally for playing more games, (up to 20 games, which I'm thinking of raising more)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 pm

The original scoring method said:
- 10 games minimum required to get a tally.
- next 10 games add extra points (0.2 per game) in addition to affecting your tally average.
- further games affect your tally average, but no extra points awarded just for games played.

I had mused out loud about increasing the number of games that would give extra points, but nobody commented on it, and I decided to not change the scoring system mid-tournament. So the original scoring method as posted is what was used from start to end of the tournament.

I hope this clarifies the tournament scoring. :lincoln:

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Actually, I was wrong. The scoring page wasn't capturing the intent of my scoring, to award points for 10 games beyond the minimum 10 games. Mea culpa. Sorry gang. Adjusted winners coming up...

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Good games twitchers! We had 31 contenders complete the minimum 10 games :)

Congratulations to the winners...
1st place: gypsymystyc

2nd place: MrMartini

3rd place: Hugo (with an amazing 97 games played OMG!)

honorable mention: landlord
honorable mention: GFips
honorable mention: doit4johnny

2 more, since they were showing placed using the scoring page that was displayed during the tournament:
honorable mention: toothpick intel
honorable mention: djdee

Here are the award graphics that have been given out to the winners:
Image Image Image Image

landlord
Lux Demon

Post by landlord » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Well respected this change

Thank you Dustin for been A man

GLA

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 am

Last edited by George874 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:21 am

I am sorry for all the disagreeableness and happenings during this Luxtober. A lot of things went wrong. Thanks Dustin for finally correcting.
But I also think there need to be some more explanations as many people here do not know what was going wrong and might feel teased now. Players spent a lot of time for the tournament and I think there should be some transparancy and explanations for what happened. Luxtober is the major event over the year here in Luxtopia and I personally feel bad for what happened and how it was treated. Especially for me it was a difficult situation as i was involved as mod and as player.

Sillysoft run the tourney with this original live scroing which was up during the whole tournament, but Dustin also said in the forums: "with a minimum of 10 games required and a maximum of 10 games giving extra".
But he also posted: "Note that you get extra Tally for playing more games, (up to 20 games, which I'm thinking of raising more)". Unfortunatly this did not match and unluckily there was no clarification while the tournament was still running. So it could have been interprated as suggestion only as well as given fact that 20 games give bonus. That was the first fault that lead to different interpretations. Mods also did not have further informations at that time and so I told people that I would interprete this that actually only the first 10 games give bonus but Dustin might still extend this number up to 20 or even more games depending on the progression if the tournament. But there was no further comment and the tourney ended. So the dilemma began.

Dustin at first kept up the original ranking and handed out the awards, but also clarifiyng in this post: "2- 10 games minimum required to get a tally - next 10 games add extra points (0.2 per game)" and then he changed the text in the scoring from "a maximum of 10 games giving extra" to "and a maximum of 10 beyond the minimum games giving extra". But this was still not matching the ranking script and would also falsify old tournament rankings (so it was changed back now again).

As I would have won this tourney under the original ranking script (I myself even got accused of cheating after i was announced as winner from Dustin, although I had nothing to do with the ranking beside the fact I participated in the tourney) and did not want to win this way I then started a discussion in the mod lounge about this issue. I myself suggested to clarify and prolong the tourney for another 2 days.

Dustin clarified now that his original intention was to give extra raw for the next 10 games beyond the minimum, but the ranking script it was did not reflect this. So Dustin finally changed the livescore backwards to this final live score and corrected the awards with giving bonus up to 20 games. This is now the final official rankings and the final decision. It is also true, that in addition the end date calculation in the link was working wrong and did leave out games played on the last day at first (which was also corrected now).

I am happy that the correction happened as I felt bad winning under all these circumstances. I think we now finally have a worthy winner gypsymystyc (congratulation belate!) and we all had some great games going on, but I personally feel very sorry for djdee who lost his also very well deserved 3rd place medal because of this. Also other people like toothick Intel went down many places. As all the changes of the rankings happened after the tourney was closed already I think this is not treating these people fair who trusted in the description of the official live scoring page. As mod I also feel responsible for all the troubles and the missorganisation that should not happen during a luxtoberfest, so that this great tournament become a dull peculiar flavour. It is especially bad as I was involved myself as player and as mod, even if I was not directly involved in organizing this event.

Unfortunately the classic themed tournament has the same problem (here also the games 6-15 should have become bonus points, but only the 1st 10 games got a bonus). But as it would have only concerned the rankings of mods and only PJB and me would have benefited I am against a change there afterwards. So Dustin now deleted the words "beyond the minumum" there again and let the old original ranking stand there. It is always problematic when you play as mod yourself in a tournament. Maybe mods should not be eligable for awards in future events ... .

These things would have been needed to be clarified while the tourney was running, but it was not and so we now had the fact to decide afterwards and find a solution afterwards. Someone would benefit and other would have to loose. djdee so lost his 3rd place and toothpick Intel has fallen from 4th place down out of the top ten. Thats why they got an "honoroble mention" award at least.

So I hope this clarification gives some transparancy and explanations. For future tournaments the ranking-script is fixed now (we can add now a switch "&maxBonusGames=xx" in the rankings link to define the number of games giving bonus) and I hope we can move on and look forward for what is still coming now in Luxtober. There are still some interesting events upcoming and I myself especially look forward for the "mission-based" event, which was always a special wish by me.

Congrats to gypsymystyc, MrMartini and Hugo as being worthy winners in the twitch tournament. Kudos to Dustin to admit and correct a fault, but also a very big sorry to djdee and all the others who trusted on the live scoring page and stopped playing when they were in the place they wanted. So I don't think a honorable mention award is a satisfactory award for you and I can understand if you are upset now. Afterwards-Decisions on the table should remain the exeptionm but were necessary here.

So djdee, I myself can only public apologise ( I wished someone would have spoken with you before publishing the decision at least) and offer to step down as mod to take also some responsibility for my part for all that post-upcoming drawbacks and happenings.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:59 am

Damn I was robbed.....

Seriously though I am happy to have been in the competition and don't think I deserved anything. I didn't stop playing when I had a medal because I didn't realise I had a medal. I stopped playing because I have kids who for some strange reason expect me to do things like cook them dinner and clean up their mess. (I also have a wife who hasn't divorced me yet and I intend to keep it that way :) )

Hope to see you all later where I can take my revenge on you for this outrage...

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:59 pm

GFips wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:21 am
So djdee, I myself can only public apologise ( I wished someone would have spoken with you before publishing the decision at least) and offer to step down as mod to take also some responsibility for my part for all that post-upcoming drawbacks and happenings.
Dustin made a mistake in the calculations, corrected it and apologised, dont you dare to step down. :-x

:pirate: :D