Lag

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Lag

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Can anything be done about the lag? Several other players are experiencing it too, so it doesn't seem to be isolated to just me.

Thanks.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Lag

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Lag can be caused by multiple aspects of internets, so there are some different things to try:

- try a different host (switch between Titan and Europa hosts)
- if it's a specific host let me know and I can restart it
- host your own server
- quit other programs on your network that are using a lot of internet (like netflix or torrents, etc)
- restart your computer

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Lag

Post by GFips » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:46 am

I think the casic problem with with typical "lags" is, that one player is able to cause "lags" with his turns and so infuences (ruins) rather the next players turn than his own. So it cannot be fixed on your own side, but would need a fix rather on the players side previous to your own turn. I don't think it is a special problem with the official hosts actually, but can happen always.

But what i noticed quote often especially in the sillysoft hosts: after a players turn the room "freezes" for several minutes and noone can do a move or chat. After round about (feeled) 10 minutes the game then suddenly continues and everything is working fine again (but mostly as ghost game as players usually left already in the meantime). I don't think it is the host's connection as it concerns single rooms (e.g. not all titan hosts freeze, just one). This happens quite often in Europa both and Titan hosts.