No more Bio?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Re: No more Bio?

Post by Red Beard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Hey DB, thanks for all of the kind words. I'm still around now and again since KFC has a bio host up. we've even had a few FH games here and there! Otherwise, I agree, it's been awesome playing with you dude. You're one of the personalities that makes this place better and and I've always enjoyed the solid competition you bring to the table. Maybe I'll catch you in a game somewhere around the corner. If not, it's been a pleasure brother :). Take care!

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Red Beard wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 pm
Hey DB, thanks for all of the kind words. I'm still around now and again since KFC has a bio host up. we've even had a few FH games here and there! Otherwise, I agree, it's been awesome playing with you dude. You're one of the personalities that makes this place better and and I've always enjoyed the solid competition you bring to the table. Maybe I'll catch you in a game somewhere around the corner. If not, it's been a pleasure brother :). Take care!
Get a room

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Word.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:54 pm

P.S. Bean~
It is funny that you declare that SillySoft will not longer be hosting Bio as an option, yet you have a Imperium Romanum Bio room up. Could you have mistakenly said Bio when you meant BioDeux?

If not then it is possible that the underlying issue you are trying to fix is Duex itself and not the Bio part...?

:pop

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:04 pm

You do realize you are calling the ONLY map on the lux tracker to have FH games in a couple months to be aa problem...

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi DB,
Thanks for your insights. I did not choose the maps for this week. I don't remember making any declaration either. As for 'trying', I believe you and others have succeeded in thwarting my nefarious plan to change the face of Lux, so I'm not sure how much more trying there will be. It's debatable whether Lux has a growth story either way I suppose, but you know my position and there is no sense repeating it. I'm in waiting for awhile mode and not putting any significant time or money into it as I had planned. When next any advocacy comes around, I'm sure I'll see you and friends return to provide the loyal opposition again. Enjoy KCF's bio host if that's your thing. I like the twitch part myself. Cheers.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:13 pm

I guess we're all confused why the face of lux is what bean wants, not what the current community enjoys?

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Yes I understand your point Bean, maybe it wasn't an 'declaration' but in this exact same thread you 'announced' that the sillysoft servers (under your control as a mod) would no longer be hosting the Bio-Slums as a map so it is ironic to see a Bio map being hosted by you as we debate this.

To think that there is someway to create a revival of Lux by not hosting a specific map is just not going to happen anymore. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that- you yourself cede as much in your latest post. If KCF were not hosting a private Bio room you would see absolutely 0 FH's.

It would be great if you could see that no one other than yourself thinks removing Bio as a option is what is best for Lux.

However, no one 'thwarted' your plan, if there was any proof whatsoever that your solution was working, I would be the first person on board with it. It was a valiant effort Bean, that can be applauded, but it is not the right course of action- no point nailing yourself to a cross after the fact.

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Bean wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 pm
I'm in waiting for awhile mode and not putting any significant time or money into it as I had planned.
The "as I planned" is maybe the issue...? There are a number of non-mods out there who want to see lux revived. Maybe we all come up with a plan to help you spend this money you are holding back. A map is not the cause of lux fizzling out... Lack of maintenance in general over the last decade is the cause.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:55 pm

killercatfish wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:53 pm
A map is not the cause of lux fizzling out... Lack of maintenance in general over the last decade is the cause.
No, I blame bean. :lol: