Host your own room

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Host your own room

Post by dustin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi Luxers,
While I've given Bean the go ahead to try some things with the Sillysoft rooms, Lux still contains the feature where ANYONE can host their own rooms, with whatever map/settings they like (as long as they can setup their internet correctly).

If you want to host your own room, read here for info. In particular, you'll need to setup your firewall and router (these instructions may be somewhat out-dated. I'm happy to help trouble-shoot interested peeps to help them get hosts up and running.

:smt109

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Re: Host your own room

Post by Red Beard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Hey Dustin,

I have tried many times over the years with multiple different routers. Have never figured it out and that's likely the same case with others despite people's efforts to help over the years. Seems just a little to tricky for your average tech dumb dumb like me.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Yeah; it's hard. I stopped being able upon getting windows 10 several years ago.

BTW, it was not a bean-only decision. I authored the bill, but the whole group voted. "We" don't think our old way is going to yield good things and it hasn't done. I'm really sorry we see it so differently RB.

landlord
Lux Demon

Post by landlord » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm

One think for sure if there no changes made meaning theres no better result with the changes lets bring it back and give other peoples freedom and see what its gonna do like letting cat do is thing naraku do is

And when it comes to the cost of keeping this game running lets make it work

This is the beat game after chess

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 am

If anyone needs help how to host im sure we can fix that within in 30 minutes, if you can tell me what kind of internet modem/router you have.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:28 am

landlord wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm
what its gonna do like letting cat do is thing naraku do is
By Cat i believe you mean killercatfish. KCF can host!, he has no restrictions at all. Correct me if im wrong and i hope i am but KCF has a weak internet connection. Hosting and a weak internet connections always causes lots of problems.

Naraku was banned from hosting in 2011 way before any of the curent modsquad was a mod.
About 9 months ago i tried to get Nara's hosting privileges back and spoke about it with the modsquad. At that same time he started to use very abusive language against Dustin and or the mods. So that didnt work out at that time.

I dont mind putting in a good word for Nara's hosting, im even willing to organise or to help with a "Naraku's mistery maps" tournament. He needs to leave his abusive language behind of course.

Nara if you are reading this and you are intrested pm me please.
Last edited by PJB on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm

lol; i thought he meant kitty on catnip

killercatfish
Luxer

Post by killercatfish » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:00 pm

landlord wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm
what its gonna do like letting cat do is thing naraku do is

I have bad internet at work where I play, fantastic at home where I can host. I'd appreciate assistance getting a room up. Thanks!