Introducing the Lux Delux full-house notification system

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Introducing the Lux Delux full-house notification system

Post by SecondTermMistake » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi all,

When I returned to Lux, for the quarantine-edition-raw-chase, I created a Discord server: https://discord.gg/pfEVcqR
While it hasn't exactly taken off like gangbusters, I have a new feature to announce.

LUX DELUX full-house NOTIFICATION system

The system uses a discord bot that monitors recent games and if it sees a full-house Bio game, sends a notification to everyone interested.
It will also send a notification to players interested in Classic whenever there's a ranked Classic game.

My real goal is to get more Classic going on up in here.

So if you're curious, join the discord server https://discord.gg/pfEVcqR
Then type

Code: Select all

.iwant Bio
or

Code: Select all

.iwant Classic
or both, for whichever games your interested in getting notifications for.

In the future, I'll make it more configurable, so you can get notifications for different maps, or different conditions (e.g., 4+ humans, lots of RAW about, etc)

Let me know if you have thoughts, ideas, questions etc.

If you'd like to see the code and/or help contribute, it's on Github here: https://github.com/jestelle/luxbot

Cheers,
Josh (aka SecondTermMistake, aka STM)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Introducing the Lux Delux full-house notification system

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Cool idea! Maybe it should actually notify when there's a 5 person game? So the notified person could join and make it FH then. Or perhaps there could be a parameter where people specify how many people there to get a notification? But I like it

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by SecondTermMistake » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Hey dustin,

Yea – my intention is to make it configurable... each person could specify which maps they're interested in, how many players they require to get a notification. Currently it's just based on my preferences ;-)

Currently, I only poll every 10m, so there's a fair amount of latency between when the game ends and you get the notification.
If I talked to the tracker directly, I could make it more real-time, seeing there's 5 people ready to play and notify folks to rustle up the 6th.
Is there any published API for accessing the tracker? Is there anything unpublished you want to send me? :D I'm probably too lazy to reverse engineer it.

I also just added some basic raw tracking, so it notifies me any time someone overtakes me in raw. And I've thought about having a notification simply for high raw games, but right now that pretty cleanly correlates to simply full-house games. I'll probably make this something others can sign up for too.

Cheers,
Josh

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by SecondTermMistake » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Helpful notifications I got today =P

@HighRaw We just saw a game with 1015 avg raw, come and get some!

@SecondTermMistake, Spacebat just passed you in raw!