Lux 3.3 - Where do you stack up?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Lux 3.3 - Where do you stack up?

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:43 am

Version 3.3 of Lux is now ready for download from http://sillysoft.net/Lux.dmg

This version contains an online Ranking system. Any games that are Internet Public will have their results added to the online record book.

The current rankings are available at http://sillysoft.net/rankings

Disabling ranking?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:27 pm

There should be an option to opt-out of ranking a particular game. Perhaps have a marking in the Game tracker that shows if this is a counted game.

Oh yeah and I think Lux should go down to US $10 to encourage more players- rarely can i get in on a game with more than one other person.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:56 pm

Just curious, why would you want to opt out of ranking a game? By changing the name you are using you can effectively turn it off for your main user. I think that it's a better judge if all the Internet Public games have their results included.

As for the price there is a tradeoff either way. At $15 I make more money, and therefore spend more time making Lux better, which should attract more players.

There are generally more players around on wednesdays, so you may want to come online then. Also the cross-platform version will hopefully be finished by the end of the month, so that should make more players available.

starfox
Lux Newbie

Updates Already?

Post by starfox » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:08 am

What's different in 3.31 and 3.32?

And a note about the site- make the links prettier.
Make the rows less contrasty on the rankings page (like a lighter grey of a light blue)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:13 pm

Version 3.31 fixed a bug that would prevent results from being added to the rankings if the game had an older version of Lux participating.

Version 3.32 fixed a bug that would label old versions of Lux as Unregistered versions.

I assume you meant the links at the top. Anything in particular you don't like about them?

The rankings page is now less contrasty. Tada.

peace,
dustin

starfox
Lux Newbie

Re: Design

Post by starfox » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:57 pm

The Rankings page looks great now! Maybe a links bar that's all pretty a-al http://www.apple.com/emac/ (the one below the eMac and above the buy now button) not the same design but the same idea.