armylocation

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
ThirdParty
Luxer

armylocation

Post by ThirdParty » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:26 pm

Army numbers placement (both the default and when specified by the map) doesn't happen right. The number should be centered around the specified point (or the center of the country, if no point specified); instead it trails off to the right.

Related matters: last time I checked, the white army box doesn't stretch past three digits. Also, if the box stretches outside of the country's borders, it no longer gets updated if the armies move away or die.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:38 pm

I did a little rejiggering of the armylocation when 3.5 was released in order to optimize the placement for one digit boxes specifically on the Spacestation Lux board, which includes a lot of thin countries. Do you have non-centered issues with one-digit boxes or just bigger ones?

It's true that the army box only goes to three digit width. I could make it bigger, to 4 or 5. Do you often get thousands of armies in a country though?

The army box doesn't have to be inside the borders of its country. It does have to be inside the bounding box of its country (the smallest rectangle that fully encompasses the country) in order to get redrawn.

ThirdParty
Luxer

Post by ThirdParty » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:28 pm

Single-digit army numbers are centered. Multi-digit ones have the first digit centered, instead of being wholly centered.

bongo

Post by bongo » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:00 pm

Also, in maps like "the Battle of Europe" where countries can be small and close together, they numbers of armies in a country are often not redrawn right. As in, pieces of numbers can be left behind or get 'smeared'.