Sixth6

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Rated Insane
Luxer

Sixth6

Post by Rated Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

I submitted a map almost the same as this map a year ago under the title lux roulette. Was told it was to simple. So what changed just curious. - - - lol

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Probably because even though this one is simple, it was reviewed by me :)

I tend to overlook such things as long as the map is playable and visually ok.

So having two different map testers going over similar maps made in different periods of time will subsequently yield in different results.

hope that answers that :wink:

also if a kind mod can move this thread in the maplab.....

thanks

Rated Insane
Luxer

Post by Rated Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

not really but thanks anyway

mbauer
Not A Truck

Re: Sixth6

Post by mbauer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Rated Insane wrote:I submitted a map almost the same as this map a year ago under the title lux roulette. Was told it was to simple. So what changed just curious. - - - lol
Lux Roulette had only 6 countries, the Sixth6 has 13. From a playability standpoint, that's a big difference. The smallest map in Lux (Hawaii) has 12 countries. For future reference, that's probably the smallest country count we would accept.

In Lux roulette on the very first round a player could get killed without even getting a chance to play. In Sixth6 that's much less likely.

So basically, nothing has changed.

But feel free to re-tool Lux Roulette so that it has a country count of at least 12 and we will be happy to reconsider it.

MB

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 am

So if one was to create a map, one would have to get it approved before being able to play it? :shock:

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:28 am

Dangerous Beans wrote:So if one was to create a map, one would have to get it approved before being able to play it? :shock:
Not if you want to be the only one to ever play it.

Otherwise, map has to be approved by a map tester to assure that

- it doesn't have any issues such as missing connections - bad shape design - huge file sizes
- it has a well thought out map and income distribution (depending on the theme)
- does not violate copyrights
- it's playable

not sure if that list is missing anything but you get the point

drSnuggles
Luxer

Post by drSnuggles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 am

mbauer wrote:In Lux roulette on the very first round a player could get killed without even getting a chance to play. In Sixth6 that's much less likely.
Anyway, Sixth6 gives you a good chance to die early without being able to avoid it.
Imho it mainly depends on map placement, starting order and good dice. If that's against you (especially when starting 5th or 6th), your fate is signed. That's also supported by the high basic income.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 am

drSnuggles wrote: Anyway, Sixth6 gives you a good chance to die early without being able to avoid it.
Imho it mainly depends on map placement, starting order and good dice. If that's against you (especially when starting 5th or 6th), your fate is signed. That's also supported by the high basic income.
mbauer wrote:...less likely.
:)

In a 6 country map, if one player attacks and wins, another player is guaranteed to be eliminated. In a 13 country map, that's not necessarily true. But you're right, it's much more likely than in a 42 country map.

This is why I generally avoid small country count maps and why they generally aren't very popular, because the luck factor is much much higher than in higher country count maps.

MB

Rated Insane
Luxer

Post by Rated Insane » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 am

mbauer wrote: - - - - In Lux roulette on the very first round a player could get killed without even getting a chance to play. In Sixth6 that's much less likely. - - - -
Not quite so. It was in fact not possible to take everyone out first go. In fact the player that moved first was likely to die next, hence the name of the game.

Just an insane map thats all would have been a insane MOTW no navigation problems lol

drSnuggles
Luxer

Post by drSnuggles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 am

mbauer wrote:
mbauer wrote:...less likely.
:)
I absolutely agree... :)
mbauer wrote: In a 6 country map, if one player attacks and wins, another player is guaranteed to be eliminated. In a 13 country map, that's not necessarily true...
...it reduces the danger to less than the half. :wink:

drSnuggles
Luxer

Post by drSnuggles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 am

Rated Insane wrote:...no navigation problems lol...
That's a great advantage. lol

Lupus ferox
Creator of Maps

Post by Lupus ferox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:29 am

Hey Rated. Was your map rated too simple or just rated insane?

Anyway. this map is just rated 1.7. Even worse then Naraku's Ravenloft....

So, i'm back to the more complicated ones. Soon in your theater....

Rick7425
Lux Newbie

Post by Rick7425 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Rated Insane wrote:I submitted a map almost the same as this map a year ago under the title lux roulette. Was told it was to simple. So what changed just curious. - - - lol
Sixth6 is the :evil: WORSE :evil: Lux map I've tried to date. It is dumb, stupid, and just plan worthless - 50% of the time I die before my turn, 25% of the time the game is over in a single round.

Mostly I play by myself, using the standard array of computer players. I had to play this map over 30 times before I won.

I would rate it a ZERO is 0 was an option, as such, it got a single star (the lowest possible rating).

Lupus ferox
Creator of Maps

Post by Lupus ferox » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 am

Thank you for your well balanced and motivating comments. I advise you not to play it when you don't like it.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:47 am

It must say something that i haven't played it in months and i won it on the second try :)

It's like Russian roulette that if you add a bit of good strategy doesn't take much to overtake the bots.

Would be fun to try it against others though:)