list of countries

Lux maps won't make themselves.
qFox
Luxer

list of countries

Post by qFox » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:14 am

I hate to go for the obvious, but are the supplied sources like Country.java and Board.java placeholders or something?

I was trying to figure out how a Country was constructed, because I want to create some methods for creating a new set of countries (player specific), but I noticed that all the sources returned static crap, -1 or false or something. So ... they must be like placeholders :)

Anyways, how do I add a card to a list of Country[] ? Or remove one...

Luxer

Post by guest » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:53 pm

You can't resize an java array dynamicaly. You'll have to A. make a new array of the rigth size and copy over what you want. B. make an oversized array and keep track of how may items are actually in it. or C. use a vector or list container class.

From what I can tell the agents are not alowed to edit the countries. If you want to keep a list of them for some reason just make a Country[] myCountries = new Country[ n ]; and put them on that. You can't edit the country themselves but you can edit a array of pointers to counties which is how java handles things.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:18 am

The provided Country.java and Card.java are stub files. They only exists to allow you to compile your agents.