Loading Background Image?

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Hephaistion
Luxer

Loading Background Image?

Post by Hephaistion » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:02 am

Hi...how do i load a background image WITHOUT the Map Editor minimizing like it is...why is it doing that to start with....ok...that's all

Thank you to Mb or Preacher, you'll proabably be the ones answering this question :D

Robert

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:03 am

Sorry Heph, I've never used the Map Editor...I see there are options to load background themes (Ctrl/Apple L) or to set theme and map size via the map information panel (Ctrl/Apple I), but I am guessing you know that already. Both worked for me in a quick test without the Map Editor minimising, but the actual map size didn't change - perhaps a resave and reopen would have cured that.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:25 am

Are you getting any sort of error? What file type are you trying to load? .jpg works the best so I would suggest converting to that if you haven't already. .psd doesn't work at all I don't think. Also if your background file is corrupt it will minimize as well, try opening it in PS do something minimal to it, like add an empty layer and then merge the layer to the background, and resave the file under a different name. That works for me when I get an image off the internet that may have originially been saved in an odd way.

hope that helps
mbauer

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:59 pm

After loading an image to draw on you can resize the Map Editor window and it will size the image to match.