New Map: Luxer Lifers Tribute

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Centrico
Luxer

New Map: Luxer Lifers Tribute

Post by Centrico » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Ok....
n00less cluebie wrote:Wait...the hosts or Centrico??? :shock:
Now that I have been thoroughly worked out... :smt077 By the new server that is, I have given this some thought. I announced I'd be hosting some rooms on a dedicated server I setup for Lux within a couple hours, Dustin announced about new self healing hosts, which in theory defeats my original intent to create a community controlled server that can be restarted through a web interface when needed...

With this new self healing system, rather than fill the tracker with more of the same I am working on a new map altogether. It will be pirate themed with special modes of travel... Stay tuned, I hired a friend to do the artwork, he is incredible:

http://leedanielsart.com/home.html

It will be a tribute to our favorite Luxers, I suspect you will be pleased... If anyone has ideas for Luxer specific tribute ideas, let me know. The custom artwork is still in progress so there is time to make changes.

If you want to have your own tribute on the pirate islands (Red Beard, you know you want it :smt019), post ideas here or PM me... I want this to be something that is representative of the community so that everyone can take ownership of it, so I welcome all the input you guys have.

I can't promise it will be a BIO killer (sorry dBeans :mrgreen: ) but I can assure you that it will be a fun one...

Get ready for...

MAP TITLE: :pirate: "Silken Sails" :pirate:

It doesn't get much Black Sails-ier than that :smt023

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Re: New Map: Luxer Lifers Tribute

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Centrico. Definitely Centrico.

:smt054

Centrico
Luxer

:D

Post by Centrico » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:50 am

The Silken Knot wrote:
Centrico. Definitely Centrico.

:smt054
I wouldn't have it any other way :wink:

Centrico
Luxer

Silken Sails Progress Update: Avenues of Sea Travel

Post by Centrico » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 am

:pirate: Progress Update :pirate:

The design work is progressing. This will be a BIO/ROME/KING maps hybrid. Land travel will be standard, each island will represent 1 or 2 CONTINENTS with choke points and to get from one island to the next you have two options:

1. By ship... Ships have positive income and can link between specific island routes and between each other, in sort of a star formation (inner islands of Rome)

2. By sea monster... Sea monsters are special, they can take you to any island coast and can attack ships as well, however they have a negative income due to the number of your men they eat in route, hey, unlike ships, sea monsters get hungry ;)

Sea monsters may attack other sea monsters and ships as well, but ships (maybe most ships, I am toying with making an exception for the "Nemo" inspired ship) are not agile enough to initiate attacks on sea monsters. Presently I am torn between having a single, more capable ship that can initiate sea monster battles VS simply capturing them on land in their favorite hunting grounds... Again, open to ideas.

Presently I am planning 2-3 sea monsters and 2-3 ships for each scenario. I am thinking when you own all sea monsters and all ships net income should be zero... I am open to suggestions. The sea monsters will be quite powerful as they will literally be the fastest form of travel.

I would really appreciate some input, I don't mind pressing on with this solo and then tweaking it once I get feedback but I really don't feel like getting the artwork redone so if anyone has special pirate Luxer themed requests now is the time!

Thanks.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:05 pm

:scooter :scooter :scooter

Scooters are special.

I don't know if the MapLab is still a thing (maybe ask dustin or GFips), but I think they provided
advice and critiques of pathing, bonus values, etc. The concept sounds like amazing fun so far!

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:49 pm

The Silken Knot wrote::scooter :scooter :scooter

Scooters are special.

I don't know if the MapLab is still a thing (maybe ask dustin or GFips), but I think they provided
advice and critiques of pathing, bonus values, etc. The concept sounds like amazing fun so far!

Ok, thanks for the kind words and for pointing me in the right direction!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm getting so excited about this one!

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:14 am

The Silken Knot wrote:I'm getting so excited about this one!

Map is done! I am uploading it to Dustin now ;)

If you are impatient you can email me for the files:

centricokocentrar )at( g m a i l . COM