Old School Dungeons & Dragons

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:38 pm

to be honest i dont think we are going to be starting any time too soon. And our first mission is probably going to last at least as long as the same time lux challenge, i.e. forever. So maybe we should just wait until we get a couple more players..

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

hmm, I disagree....I say we start with who we have, and if it's successful we can grow the party size; if we wait for others we might lose the players we already have....

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:17 am

Gannif N. Zets has been submitted to our DM. I am still on the fence about playing. Don't want to commit then split. However the character is goof for what the party needs. Deep Dwarf Barbarian 7/ Rogue 7. Concentrating on bashing and the basic disarming traps opening locks type skills. Nothing to fancy. Gannif has one major weakness. His adjusted Charisma is 3. Yes...3. You might not want to take the helmet off.....ever.

n00less cluebie wrote:I generated my cleric and submitted it to our DM for approval.

Here's a free javascript site for developing your characters:

http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

(i only rerolled about 50 times to get the stats I wanted :lol: )

Hazz'n the Holy stands ready

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 am

7/7 is 14.

i would allow any combination equaling up to 9.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am

Indeed, maybe make him a 4/5 Barbarian/Thief?

BTW, how is my Cleric? I gave him a few level-appropriate magic items

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am

Ok. now That I Pm'd both of you I'll make the level adjustment. Hazz'n, you can send BJ the backstory and if he approves post it here.

How is my axe? It is my signature item.

Can I do 5/5... considering the small size of the party and a campaign made for 7th level with no individual thief or fighter.....4 seems a little low.

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 pm

linkage!:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x= ... rtualtable

cleric is perfect n00less (i want to hear his whole story though...)

fine llama :roll: :smt110

gimme some time to figure this shit out...

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Hazz'n is a loyal follower of the relatively unknown God represented by the Tetragrammaton Y-H-V-H often referred to as "Hashem" - literally "The Name". Here in this land, not much is known about the ineffable deity save that most of his followers reside in a land far away.

Hazz'n himself is polite and honest, a gifted negotiator, aim inquisitive scholar though somewhat absentminded and inattentive (especially since he lost his last potion of Adderall...). He umm... What?

Hazz'n has been sent to spread the word of Hashem and was sent to recover "Yad Hashem" as well as other Holy relics (including the Urim v'Tumim a highly powerful Divination artifact, The Menorah of Y-H-V-H whose 7-lamps act as a Prismatic Spray, and others not yet revealed) from the hand of the infidels who took them during the Destruction of the 1st Holy Temple.

Gannif N Zets Is a deep Dwarf, but due to his poor parenting and social awkwardness spent most of his youth on the surface wrestling bears. Hence the Bear totem, Barbarian class, and great strength. He never learned to read. Not treated well in towns gannif learned how to thief as his lively hood. Wresting Bears does not pay like it used to. He is shy and has impulse control problems. Gannif is Neutral good and means well, but is touchy about certain subjects and his harsh treatment due to his lack of Charisma.

Hazz'n the Holy ran across Gannif in the forest just outside his mountain home. He was treated well by Hazz'n and started following him around. The Cleric gave him his first Face plated Helmet And got him properly suited up for adventure. Gannif has animal like loyalty to Hazz'n, who hasn't really noticed how socially awkward his dwarven companion is; instead focusing on trying to instill some reverance for Hashem into his dwarven skull; though up until now this has been mostly unsuccessful. . . .

Together Hazz'n and Gannif recovered the 1st holy relic the "Yad Hashem" and use it to bring the word of God to the Heathens. More often than not that word is "ouch". We have just reached a dead end in our research. (insert connection to pickles' character here....)

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 pm

blackj3sus wrote:linkage!:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x= ... rtualtable

cleric is perfect n00less (i want to hear his whole story though...)

fine llama :roll: :smt110

gimme some time to figure this shit out...
So, do we have to subscribe to D&D insider, BJ?

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:07 pm

U DON'T HAVE TO JOIN
u just need the codes i give u

codes to join my room
http://vt.wizards.com/campaigns.php
room/campaign name:
things that go bump in the night

n00less cU7Xlb7EGzdWE0iy
llama 2L3faKLBINPM1NGf
pickle IOWtF0izBPwswXJN
jester LW0pXhGdmO7n196S

i'm currently trying to hack it...

i'll keep it up all day (pffft that's what he said)
Last edited by blackj3sus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Again, doesn't look like you can join without having a subscription; have you bought one BJ?

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm

yes i have but u all don't have too, unless u want.

just use the codes i gave u to get in my room

if u get in and i'm not responding post here or just wait i'll check thru out the day

it's gonna be a little while till we start actually playing...
Last edited by blackj3sus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 pm

"Beta Codes are now available; use them to invite your friends to play for the length of the beta. Go HERE for more details.

To activate your code and access the beta go HERE. Register with a D&D community account first HERE, and log-in in the top right.
You must log in first."

It won't let me access the code until I sign up for a subscription.

I'm willing to spend the $$$ if the rest of our party will....

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:23 pm

no registering on the site is free but to access the virtual table (without a code) u have to pay.

but i gave u all codes!

" DDi Subscribers can access a new "Code" tab to generate up to 10 codes that they can use to invite their friends to the beta. They can email these codes to their friends.
Friends will log onto the VT with their D&D community site username and password. In the "Code" tab they enter the code they were sent by a friend. They can then access the VT for free.
Free users have some restrictions on their use of the VT: can't import PCs or Monsters + can't access cloud repository for Maps, Adventures, or PCs. Otherwise, they can join and run games on the VT just like DDi subscribers.
"

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

u guys figure out how to get in and i'll try to import a custom map from dragon or somewhere. making it from scratch is too much like w@rk... :?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

nope, it's still telling me to register for D&D Insider first. . . .

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:"Beta Codes are now available; use them to invite your friends to play for the length of the beta. Go HERE for more details.

To activate your code and access the beta go HERE. Register with a D&D community account first HERE, and log-in in the top right.
You must log in first."

It won't let me access the code until I sign up for a subscription.

I'm willing to spend the $$$ if the rest of our party will....
Er, no. I can't afford 7-9 bucks every week we are going to play. (or for anything else non essential.) I will try to register and use the code.....

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm

well I will run Gannif through the character generator at 5/5 while you are futzing with technology. What do I know about technology except to give it a good Zets!

(hit)

Gannif

(Theif)

so my name means "steal and hit!" But it's funnier in yiddish. Especially if your family uses both words alot.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm

It's 6, 8 or 10$ a MONTH, not a week

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm

imapickle wrote:i am using the character generator to make an elf wizard. but i am not sure how much equipment i can have. I have a price list but not sure how much cash we are starting with..

Also i have 2 languages i can choose. Any suggestions?
well, you should start with common and elvish. Those don't count as your 2. Noodles and I both speak undercommon and dwarvish ( I live underground and am a dwarf so that makes sense...) most friendly people we run into will speak common. so maybe the language of a common foe? Kobold or troll...or even an animal language that could help. Being elvish I think you can learn bird or wolf or something helpful for scouting and protecting...

centaurs live in forests... erm....Bugbear? Hazz'n?
Last edited by Llama LluxaLlot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm

u don't need money... :?

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:50 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:It's 6, 8 or 10$ a MONTH, not a week
that's a bit better. I could probably do that IF ALL ELSE FAILS! Let Bj have time to figure stuff out.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 pm

I find that knowing Infernal Root words is helpful for the verbal part of your D.A.T.'s

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 pm

blackj3sus wrote:u don't need money... :?
AHA!
http://vt.wizards.com/faq.php wrote: My friend sent me a VT Beta code; Now what?
1. The first thing you'll need to do, if you haven't already, is to join the Dungeons and Dragons community with a free account (not to be confused with a DDI subscription). To do so, follow this link: https://accounts.wizards.com/amlogin.aspx
2. Register and confirm your D&D community account.
3. Once you are a member of the D&D community, go to http://vt.wizards.com and sign in using the login box in the upper right corner of the page. Use the email and password you signed up with. If you receive an error (possibly due to a problem with browser cookies remembering a different login), go to http://www.wizards.com/dnd and sign in, then return to http://vt.wizards.com and you'll be logged in.
4. Once logged in, you should see a "Code" tab next to "Current Sessions" and "Open Sessions". Enter the code your friend sent you to access the D&D Virtual table for the remainder of the beta. NOTE: You will not have access to PC + Monster importing or the cloud repositories for storing maps, adventures, and PCs, but will otherwise have full access to the VT during the beta.
I tried to sign in using my Wizard's USERNAME, but when I used my e-mail address instead it worked!

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

i see u!

log your character out n00less, rightclick on your avatar on left and leave party. the DM of that room said so in one of those notes laying around the map...

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm

about the languages, it gave me common and elvish, and i have chosen draconic and celestial but i still have 3 left apparently (not sure why, maybe intelligence bonus or something, i rolled that 18 first time i swear!), so i wil go for orc and goblin and maybe i can go for dwarf so we can speak secretly amongst ourselves. sound ok?

Edit: I ticked the box for a generalist wizard but now it is saying i am an abjurer for some reason. Is that any good?
Last edited by imapickle on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 pm

sounds good!

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 pm

It's all good. I am going to be offline until tonight. I will try the login thing then.

sent in my new charecter. Modified a little...

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm

submitted/accepted so far:

cleric 7
barbarian 5/rouge 5

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm

so pickle needs to send me his character (i see hes logging into the app though)

and llama needs to log into the app (but she sent in her character)