Mafia XXXV: Lux Noir

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm

i will abstain

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Wed May 15, 2013 8:19 pm

After talking with Jest privately I don't think its him, because him and Dolla just had some "beef" last night, thats why hes on the list.

I am changing my vote to someone who thinks its okay not to participate in the game! Which its not okay! You should participate!

So I vote for Mumps!

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 pm

so we're gonna lynch two people then? guess we'll know where to start looking if they both turn up innocent.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Wed May 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Are you sure both die? Wouldn't no one die?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

(Both go to The Big House. Seven minutes...)

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Wed May 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Oh sh*t!

Ok I change my vote to Jest I guess. Hopefully Will is right, I don't want two innocents to die on the first freakin day.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed May 15, 2013 9:07 pm

jesterme is dragged by his red honker to The Big House. If The Jaded Politician doesn't intervene, he will meet The Big Chair at dawn.

It is now Night Two. Those of you with Night actions, please PM them to me by 7:59PM EDT on Thursday, May 16th. The rest of you... sleep tight.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 pm

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm

so apparently all you have to do to eradicate herpes is kill schroberts. who knew

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Clarification: jester was the "struck off plastic surgeon"? And thus mafia?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Schroberts knew she was playing with fire.

She was a female gigolo who liked her shinies, though... and she wasn't too particular where they came from. So when the smooth johhny bellied up to the bar and whispered "I got ice, baby" in her shell-like ear, she was ready to follow him anywhere.

Anywhere turned out to be... an ice house at the edge of town. She had stepped inside before she realized where she was, then pirouetted towards the johnny. "Hey, what kinda lame joke is... "

Her fury was cut short by the judicious application of a pair of cast iron ice tongs to her fragile skull. The killer strolled away, whistling.

Across town, The Jovial Guard chuckled and took the early edition of The Lux Angeles Times in to the newest resident of The Big House. He thrust the newspaper under jesterme's slightly red nose. The headline read... Doc To Be Executed At Dawn!

jesterme was definitely famous now.

Schroberts was killed during Night 2. She was The Seedy Gigolo.

jesterme was electrocuted at dawn, Day 2. He was The Struck-Off Plastic Surgeon.

It is now Day 2. You may discuss the events of the Night, and if you wish, you may cast a vote to send a player (or players) to The Big House, to be executed at Dawn.

Day 2 will end at 7:59PM EDT on Friday, May 17th. Please cast all votes before then... and good luck.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 pm

I can't see any scenario where we shouldn't trust Big Will E Styles at this point considering he randomly (?) called out jesterme--I'm at a loss as to how doing so would help the mafia, meanwhile the gigolo is dead and the odds of there being a psycho killer (que-est que c'est?) on the loose is minimal. Unless someone comes up with a decent reason not to, (and ill wait until tomorrow morning for one) I'd suggest we all PM Will our roles. The mafia will probably lie to him about their roles but if only one player claims a certain town role (sheriff, doctor) the odds are decent that will has found an innocent and those roles where multiple people claim become suspect for investigation....

Thoughts?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 16, 2013 10:03 pm

For jesterme.

(From Dark Passage, one of my favorites. Bogie and Bacall, yum.)

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu May 16, 2013 10:43 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:For jesterme.

(From Dark Passage, one of my favorites. Bogie and Bacall, yum.)
Ty. I was that close to screaming.! But, it will be alright. The monkey thing confused me though, I thought I was a golden duck. At least I have a monkey trophy to look forward too this Luxtober!!!!

/me blinks twice!

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 pm

All I'm saying is, you all missed out on a lot of fun with me. How little you know... :smt077

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri May 17, 2013 12:52 am

I might have risked the herpes if I knew it was Shroberts!

:catlick

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri May 17, 2013 12:53 am

erm.

But HOW?

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri May 17, 2013 1:02 am

Ok. OK.

∞ Llux Llama tries to clear her head. Her snout is still purple from the grape nehis from the night before. Sooooo much sugar....∞

I cannot think of a reason not to trust Big Will either. But if it was luck does that mean he is trustworthy? I guess it means he is with the Angels and willing to take risks?

Oh where oh where is Professor Pickle when I need him?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 17, 2013 1:21 am

There's no reason to think BWES is an investigator, but I can't see ANY scenario where he's NOT with he Angels

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 am

Me too. I agree.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 am

So is there 1 or 2 groups of mafia this game you guys think?

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Fri May 17, 2013 5:25 am

If Will is maffia this would have been a genuis move but very risky. The truth is: I don't know Will enough to guess what risks he is prepared to take in this game. Anyway, we got one down! So I'm willing to keep following his advice for now.

Mumps
Disease of Lux

Post by Mumps » Fri May 17, 2013 5:55 am

Dayum schroberts, and here i thought i was the only infectious one :wink:

Since noone has voted for anyone yet i'm just gonna sit and i miss out on the last 10 hours of voting or so cuz of time zones and school and shiz so good luck guys :)

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello all,

I am in fact an innocent, as you can all tell. I've had a handful of you PM me with your roles. I ask the rest of you to do so as well and then we can start weeding out the inactive/guilty ones. I will start voting by 5 PM eastern today once I have info.

Thanks

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 17, 2013 12:28 pm

In addition, IF THE PERSON WHO KILLED DOLLA IS A VIGILANTE, I'D URGE HIM TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO BWES. Knowing if Dolla is innocent or not (and if he wasn't killed by a Vigilante, he's probably innocent) could make him very useful in this game, for people to PM to....

BTW, unless I hear reliable information otherwise, I'ma gonna abstain, as the odds are better for us to spend a night trying to get innocents together through Will, than take a shot that lightning strikes twice...

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri May 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello everyone. I don't understand at all how we (nudeless and llama) concluded that BWE is innocent and that we should blindly follow his lead and give him our roles. Could some one please elaborate? My immediate response is the above three are mafia and working together. Granted I have been wrong before and maybe I have missed a point or two in the thread. I just don't follow where or how BWE became our appointed leader?

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

I voted off a mafia member Day one. The leper is dead. What else could I be?

I guess you could claim that I voted off a member of our own team to gain your trust...but why would I do that on Day one? Why would Jester agree to that? It wouldn't be very fun for him. It's not like Mafia was in trouble and needed some sort of strategy.

I am the Govenator of this town and I think you should stop doubting me and send me your role or you'll become a target.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Looking through the roles, I guess the Serial Killer would be an option for me, but as I stated, I am the Governor/Jaded Politician and I don't think anyone else can claim that otherwise...so trusting me is the innocents best option right now.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm

WhirlPlaid wrote:Hello everyone. I don't understand at all how we (nudeless and llama) concluded that BWE is innocent and that we should blindly follow his lead and give him our roles. Could some one please elaborate? My immediate response is the above three are mafia and working together. Granted I have been wrong before and maybe I have missed a point or two in the thread. I just don't follow where or how BWE became our appointed leader?
There are 3 possibilities for BWES: He is innocent, he is the Serial Killer, he is Mafia.

Since there has been only one death per night, the odds are quite good there is no serial killer, so he is either innocent or mafia.

The odds of the Mafia offing one of its on Day 1, when there is not even any suspicion on them is either a REALLY brilliant DANGEROUS strategy, or one of the stupidest moves I've ever seen. ESPECIALLY when the Mafia member offered for sacrifice is a VERY useful role (Struck off Plastic Surgeon) in messing with the investigators. If I was offering up a Mafia member teammate, I'd throw out the Gunsel or Grifter, or at LEAST wait a day or two to out jester, to give him a chance to mess with people's identities.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm

I just reread the thread and the player roles. It does logically appear that BWE is correct. Either that or the Mafia made a HUGE diversion play by volunteering Jesterme's death.