Playing solo versus bots

AI discussion, ideas, and SDK help.
XavierFRA
Lux Newbie

Playing solo versus bots

Post by XavierFRA » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 am

Hi all,

I'm new to Lux and think it's a fantastic game! So far I've only been playing versus bots (ie. not online) and figured I should first get good at that before I try to play with other humans. For example let's say I'm playing versus 5 Reapers. I always get killed quite quickly in such games and never managed to win a single game (can anyone?) So my question is: do they behave towards each other in exactly the same way as they do towards me? In other words, are they aware that I'm a human player and attacking me more often as a result? I've read somewhere that Reapers can form alliances or something like that, what does that actually mean? Can I form an alliance with one of them or do they only do so with each other? Sorry these are probably all newbies questions but I could not find the answer anywhere...

Thanks!
XavierFRA

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am

Reapers team on humans. Occasionally 1 will ask for an alliance.

XavierFRA
Lux Newbie

Post by XavierFRA » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks, that's what I was suspecting. Is there a way to stop Reapers (or BotOfDoom) forming alliances? If not, what do you think is the hardest way to play versus 5 bots while still being fair (ie. not treating the human differently from the bots)

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Select allow other players to join and
uncheck advertise game internet wide
then type "reaper alone" into the chat (w/o quotation marks) and post it.
this should stop reaper teaming

For bot of doom doc the same, but type
bod team off instead.