List of Dual Accounts or Same IP Teamers

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

List of Dual Accounts or Same IP Teamers

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 am

I've been thinking about posting this stuff for a while. This morning, as I browsed the servers, I noticed a pair of players on a server once again, and I just can't put this off any longer because everyone in the Lux community has a right to know what im gonna post here.

As a server host, you are able to see all player's IP addresses when they join your server. I have recently noticed several "pairs", meaning people who are playing together on the server who share an IP address. This means both player accounts are originating from the same location.... it could be a roommate or spouses, each playing a separate account, or it could be one person playing both accounts. There really isn't anyway to tell, but one thing is certain, They are able to covertly team and scheme without the rest of the luxers knowing about it, and that is absolutely unfair.
The statistics bear this out, because In almost every instance, one of these accounts plays the vast majority of games with the other, so "they" are almost always playing together.

Im not starting this thread to complain about teaming. I honestly don't care about teaming as long as everyone in the game knows what's happening and it's up front. Each of you have a different definition for teaming anyway, so if you want to complain about that stuff, please do it in another thread.
I would like to keep this thread as much "on topic" as possible, and as clutter free as possible, so All luxers can look here to find out which competitors are using the same IP addresses.
If any other server host finds a different pair, please send a log copy to someone on the Mod Squad ( that's what I do) and feel free to post the player names here. Please don't post a luxer's name here unless you have confirmed they are sharing the same IP.
Another thing, I think posting the actual ip is frowned upon, so just send that info to the mods and possibly save a copy, and post player names only here.

Please note also, that although I disagree with two players sharing an IP in a game, Im not passing judgement on anyone listed here. That's for the Mods or Dustin to investigate and decide what's allowed.
There might be a valid reason for two people to use the same IP with two accounts, but even so, It it absolutely unfair for those people to play in the same game.
Specific Info to follow....
Grim

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am

Last edited by -NN-Grim on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 am

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:00 am

This one might surprise you...

Mnemosyne--http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Mnemosyne

and

Frank549 ( "I don't read english") ---http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Frank549

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:02 am

crimsonhosking
Luxatoobaphobia

Post by crimsonhosking » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

I can verify 2 sets of these duplicates based on IP address verification.
I will also be posting any more that I find.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am

I presented some potential solutions in Features Request. Chime in on which you think is the best of the choices listed.

http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 434#183434

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Three players..... ( the final digit in their ip string varies, so Im guessing they are playing together on school computers or possibly at an internet cafe--- Edit.. I asked one of them, they play together "after work in the same building")

Bitch6--http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/bitch6

and

DerNotgeileViech---http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/DerNotgeileViech

and

Jaaba--http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Jaaba

Golfmannen
Lux Clown

Post by Golfmannen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Nimrod7

and

Nimrod7

:shock:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Golfmannen wrote:Nimrod7

and

Nimrod7

OMG! BAN FOR LIFE!!!!

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:53 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:
Golfmannen wrote:Nimrod7

and

Nimrod7

OMG! BAN FOR LIFE!!!!

n00l
don't joke about that,

nimrod should be banned for real.
under alias it clearly states that this player has been repeatedly warned for excessive pie throwing.

despite the repeated warnings, he still continues to do so.

i say ban.

VivaLosChichos
Noobie 4 Life!

Post by VivaLosChichos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Well, I checked and Mnemosyne and Frank549 have different IP's. Totally different.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Ive copied the logs and sent them in. They play with the same IP often, and they play together often. Thats not saying they play together exclusively. anyone can check their stats and see they play separately as well.

I have a fairly strong opinion about these two playing together, but as I stated in the beginning, that should be for another thread.
My information that Ive posted is absolutely accurate. These two play together often, and from the same IP.

PS.... Viva, I dont think it really matters, but I am curious to know how you checked their IPs.
I dont see any recent games with all 3 of you, and I dont see any recent game hosted by you then either of them played in, so Im just curious.

VivaLosChichos
Noobie 4 Life!

Post by VivaLosChichos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 pm

When they were in my room, they both had different IP's. The first 2 numbers were off by 20 or so. Maybe you misread the address?

Oh.. and I told them to both come into my room, I just opened it so I could check, and they came, and I saw the differences.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm

VivaLosChichos wrote:When they were in my room, they both had different IP's. The first 2 numbers were off by 20 or so. Maybe you misread the address?

Oh.. and I told them to both come into my room, I just opened it so I could check, and they came, and I saw the differences.
if i knew beforehand that someone was checking i could fake it easily just for show.

VivaLosChichos
Noobie 4 Life!

Post by VivaLosChichos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

That's true, but it happened fast enough to make me believe it.

Maybe I'm just too gullible.

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:24 am

The Wontrob

and

Weasel6

Who are brothers at home and rarely play each other (we haven't yet) and Wontrob is usually at school. But can't say I didn't warn you. We're dangerous.

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 am

-NN-Grim wrote:Ive copied the logs and sent them in. They play with the same IP often, and they play together often. Thats not saying they play together exclusively. anyone can check their stats and see they play separately as well.

I have a fairly strong opinion about these two playing together, but as I stated in the beginning, that should be for another thread.
My information that Ive posted is absolutely accurate. These two play together often, and from the same IP.

PS.... Viva, I dont think it really matters, but I am curious to know how you checked their IPs.
I dont see any recent games with all 3 of you, and I dont see any recent game hosted by you then either of them played in, so Im just curious.
I can say that I played Frank and Mnem..whatever his name is...blatant teaming tonight...I don't know if they are the same person or whatever but it was obvious. I've been hosting a few Rome games lately (love the map!)...Rome needs cleaned up A LOT!

crimsonhosking
Luxatoobaphobia

Post by crimsonhosking » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 am

supergood wrote:Rome needs cleaned up A LOT!
You can say that again. But us Rome faithful are working on it. Trying to educate the newer folk and trying to keep some good fun out there.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm

this one might surprise you, too . . .

nn-grim

and

lothar of the hill people

frank and i are not the same person/same account. i play at home, i play at school where i work, and sometimes play when i am on the road for work. perhaps if you could actually post the evidence to support your claim that we "often" play with the same ip address (i.e. specific dates, times, and games), i would find your testimony more compelling (and it might help unravel this alleged mystery). i think we both played in your room last night, and on several previous occasions. are you going to post that, or just the evidence that you believe supports your conspiracy theory?

if we really are a dual account, as your posting suggests, then lux admins will be able to track that fairly easily, and we can/should be banned . . . its clearly against the rules. the proof is in the pudding.

you know, grim, one of the first times i played roman, i hit you, and camaro said, "nobody hits grimmy" before he proceeded to half kill me. as a master teamer yourself, you might be a little more self-reflective before you start throwing stones.

that's all you will hear from me in response to this unwarranted character assassination. i am not much for the forums.

play on . . .

m

Micella
Luxer

Post by Micella » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:22 pm

VivaLosChichos wrote:When they were in my room, they both had different IP's. The first 2 numbers were off by 20 or so. Maybe you misread the address?

and yet Frank "can't read english"

crimsonhosking
Luxatoobaphobia

Post by crimsonhosking » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm

mnemosyne wrote:this one might surprise you, too . . .

nn-grim

and

lothar of the hill people

frank and i are not the same person/same account. i play at home, i play at school where i work, and sometimes play when i am on the road for work. perhaps if you could actually post the evidence to support your claim that we "often" play with the same ip address (i.e. specific dates, times, and games), i would find your testimony more compelling (and it might help unravel this alleged mystery). i think we both played in your room last night, and on several previous occasions. are you going to post that, or just the evidence that you believe supports your conspiracy theory?

if we really are a dual account, as your posting suggests, then lux admins will be able to track that fairly easily, and we can/should be banned . . . its clearly against the rules. the proof is in the pudding.

you know, grim, one of the first times i played roman, i hit you, and camaro said, "nobody hits grimmy" before he proceeded to half kill me. as a master teamer yourself, you might be a little more self-reflective before you start throwing stones.

that's all you will hear from me in response to this unwarranted character assassination. i am not much for the forums.

play on . . .

m
I can see why you're not much for forums. Read grims post and realize that he did this not to claim you teamed, but to make the community aware that coincidentally(or not) several players have been found in his room with the same IP address.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm

I never said you were the same person or account. I said

"They play with the same IP often, and they play together often. Thats not saying they play together exclusively. anyone can check their stats and see they play separately as well. "

I posted the link to both of your player pages which anyone can look at and see that you two have played over 400 games together, in my opinion that qualifies for "alot". Thats also double the number of times either of you have played your 2nd most common opponent.
Put that another way, your next 10 most common opponents average out to 79 games with you, so you play together 5 times more often than you play with anyone else.

I know you play from the same IP. I have observed your IPs on several occasions in the past couple weeks.

Although I didn't intend this to become a thread about teaming ( I said in the first post "I honestly don't care about teaming as long as everyone in the game knows what's happening and it's up front" ) I only have a problem with covert teaming.

Since you wanna deny what's obvious, I must say that you and Frank are two of the most blatant teamers I have ever seen.
I'm guessing you feel extreme guilt about the two of you, because you have in the past gone to extremes to mask whatever relationship you have with Frank.
You have lied in denying that you know him/her personally, you have lied in saying that it's only coincidence that you two play at the same time, if you think back, im sure you can recall several occasions where I asked you if you knew Frank, etc. and you always denied it, even though I was always looking at the chat log knowing you were playing at the same location when I asked you. I did this on at least 4 occasions before I finally let you and everyone else know that I knew your IPs while you two were playing.

None of my postings before this were anything personal against you or Frank, you just happened to be one of several pairs that I knew played together.
Honestly, I dont think many Rome players needed me to tell them you two teamed, because it becomes obvious after a while.

Incidentally, you are still welcome to continue playing on my server also, and so is Frank.... but I would prefer not together.

Darkworlds
Luxer

Post by Darkworlds » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Bitch6

and

Gaup2k640

ZZMitch
Luxer

Post by ZZMitch » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Ive played with frank and mn, I remember a conversion about how he can't read or speak English and that he only speaks German or somthing.

And Grim is Lothar? The quy who always acts like a barbarian? :P

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

it's Conan who acts like a barbarian. and no, I am not Lothar/Robin/Taxi.

Mnemo was making crap up in a half hearted attempt to deflect attention from her connection with Frank.
and Frank's winning message has always been "I cant read english" , which I suppose is the excuse for why he never talks.

Someone else.... a player who knows him I suppose, started spreading the word that he is German, but in the 41 games I have played him, I can tell you that he's never responded to German either. Furthermore, He and Mnemo aren't in Europe when they play.... unless they are using some IP masking program ( which I doubt).

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:29 pm

SnyperEye and Precious !!!

Preacherman and MissChaos !!!

But I can vouch that these couples dont even like to team together because they are to busy trying to pick the other one off.

COUGH (PRECIOUS) COUGH!!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 pm

SnyperEye wrote:SnyperEye and Precious !!!

Preacherman and MissChaos !!!

But I can vouch that these couples dont even like to team together because they are to busy trying to pick the other one off.

COUGH (PRECIOUS) COUGH!!
LIFETIME BAN

Precious
Lux Diva

Post by Precious » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Why would anyone want to ban me?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

--<Precious>- wrote::shock:

Why would anyone want to ban me?
No, just ban Preacher and Snyper, you and Miss Chaos can stay! :lol: