Forum Rules — Read Me First

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Forum Rules — Read Me First

Post by dustin » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:12 pm

Welcome to the Lux Forums. There are a few rules that exist here to maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere.

The Rules
1. Posts that personally attack or insult members are not allowed. If you feel that somebody has been a bad host or player then you may so say, but refrain from insulting them personally. Doing so usually causes the thread to go nowhere anyway.

Note: Rule #1 also means that posts such as "Who is the worst Luxer?" are not allowed, since it can only result in insults and attacks.

2. Any 'hate speech' which attacks or insults a group of people based on their skin color, race, religion, sex, nationality, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. It doesn't matter if you are "joking", this will get you banned.

3. These forums do not exist as an outlet for constant/repeated negativity. They are not a place to unnecessarily provoke or fuel arguments, or to contribute random jibberish just for the sake of watching your post count rise. No "trolling" or "griefing" please.

4. Links to webpages or images that contain explicit or offensive materials must have a clear warning saying so.

5. You are not allowed to steal another user's avatar. If you want to use an altered version of somebody's avatar then you must get their permission first.

6. Do not repost things that have been locked or deleted by the moderators.

7. Do not post Private Messages in the public forums. If you have a problem with a PM please contact a mod about it.

8. Do not use an anonymizer service to hide your IP address. If we see this, we'll assume you're a previously banned user and take appropriate action.

9. Your forum username should match your online Lux username (if you have one). Dustin can (and will) change this for you if needed.

10. Do not create multiple forum accounts.

Violation of the rules means your post will be edited or deleted. Repeated violation will get you banned from the forums. Any disagreements will be decided by the moderators, and their decisions are final.

Read our Foul Language Policy thread for a more detailed discussion of this policy.

Some Suggestions
1. When starting a new thread give it a clear and meaningful subject line that describes the post. Examples of some BAD subject lines are: "a question", "read me", "please help", etc.

2. Try to stay on-topic when replying to a thread. Of course it is inevitable that threads will wander from their initial focus, but you should start a new thread if you are introducing a new idea that you think will generate lots of discussion in itself.

3. Read the Forum Q&A - Tips and Tricks for more info on how the forum software works.

Final Thoughts:
Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and keep the Lux forums a happy place to hang out. :D
Last edited by dustin on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.

weed

Post by weed » Thu May 19, 2005 3:25 pm

if u use hate speech in forums and/or game, do u get banned from the game as well?

im not saying i am racist or use the terms, i know people who have done in the past.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu May 19, 2005 4:35 pm

Hate speech is not allowed anywhere, and is basis for getting banned from the forums and online games.
Last edited by dustin on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:28 am

For more discussion, please read this thread:

Open letter to the Sillysoft Community, RE: personal attacks

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:48 pm

Rule #7 was just added: "7. Do not use an anonymizer service to hide your IP address. If we see this, we'll assume you're a previously banned user and take appropriate action. "

This shouldn't affect any legit users, I'm just noting the addition.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:22 pm

The moderation log has been unstickied to save on forum real estate, but it'll of course bump whenever something is added to it.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:02 pm

FYI I just added this to the rules:

9. Your forum username should match your online Lux username (if you have one). Dustin can (and will) change this for you if needed.

It's been like this for a while, and I've changed names so they match. I'm just putting it down in the written rules.

Mr-M
Luxer

...rules...

Post by Mr-M » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Why aren't there any rules posted for online play like there are rules for the forums....

Referring to conduct or language(i.e. obscenities, prejudices, etc.)

Players are accountable for their actions and sometimes will receive a ban for poor conduct during online play, however, I can't seem to find any rules in regards to this.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Here are the rules for online play:
http://sillysoft.net/lux/rules.php

soundboy
Sonic Turtle

Post by soundboy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:35 pm

The Sound
x
Tinkerbell
=
LOVE.

:smt020

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm

soundboy wrote:The Sound
x
Tinkerbell
=
LOVE.

:smt020
Ahhh....sound, they took her away from you!

Saint
Ghost of Lux

Post by Saint » Fri May 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Last edited by Saint on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 pm

No forms of racism are OK in lux. Please report any abusers to lux@sillysoft.net

Saint
Ghost of Lux

Post by Saint » Fri May 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks big D, you rock. that was just my way of raising awareness.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 pm

wow, that's really helpful;)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Forum Rules — Read Me First

Post by dustin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:57 pm

the above rules were developed over the years for our community.

TOP 3:
1. Posts that personally attack or insult members are not allowed. If you feel that somebody has been a bad host or player then you may so say, but refrain from insulting them personally.

2. Any 'hate speech' which attacks or insults a group of people based on their skin color, race, religion, sex, nationality, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. It doesn't matter if you are "joking", this will get you banned.

3. These forums do not exist as an outlet for constant/repeated negativity. They are not a place to unnecessarily provoke or fuel arguments, or to contribute random jibberish just for the sake of watching your post count rise. No "trolling" or "griefing" please.