October 10-11th - Teams Weekend

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
VivaLosChichos
Noobie 4 Life!

Post by VivaLosChichos » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Well I'm glad we at least got 50 games in. Go Raw Whores!!!!!!

SmotPoker
Lux Addict

Post by SmotPoker » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Tstering wrote:
rottenboy wrote:Changing the game to 3v3 at the last minute and allowing team SED to play 10 games with bots winning 7 of them of course is ridiculous. But then again i guess the only way they can win is against bots.
Looks like SED could win against humans :P
Indeed they can. Nice win Seduction

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Quick question... Why was I not awarded a gold medal for this. Granted I only played one game but I was still a part of team seduction.. It seems the rest of the team got their medals but not me...?

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Alright, I checked out everyones medal page and it appears your not giving medals to people that didn't win a game? Why not give it to everyone that PLAYED for the team??

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 pm

CyNd3r wrote:Alright, I checked out everyones medal page and it appears your not giving medals to people that didn't win a game? Why not give it to everyone that PLAYED for the team??
We have the same sitution in our team. JudgeDredd, Saint, Viriathus and me did not get a medal, although we played each several games for the team. I think this is not quite fair - because it is a team play. Either we are all one team or not. It should be equal who does the wins. Everyone who played at least one game and so got points for the team should also get an award. Each single game is also necessary to reach the mininum of 50 games and counts for the final result. In team play you should not have to look to take your own win, you have to look to do as much points as possible in the team. In sports it should be usual that everybody belongs to the team, independ of his individuell success. I could not find anything announced in the forum or the team rules, that it is necessary to win at least one game.

So I vote: PLEASE GIVE ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAMS A MEDAL!

I think the "missing" medals are:
Steve Yo, Mike806, davis60, CyNd3r -> GOLD
SnyperEye -> SILVER
Saint, JUDGE DREDD, Viriathus, GFips -> BRONCE

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:05 pm

gfips wrote:
CyNd3r wrote:Alright, I checked out everyones medal page and it appears your not giving medals to people that didn't win a game? Why not give it to everyone that PLAYED for the team??
We have the same sitution in our team. JudgeDredd, Saint, Viriathus and me did not get a medal, although we played each several games for the team. I think this is not quite fair - because it is a team play. Either we are all one team or not. It should be equal who does the wins. Everyone who played at least one game and so got points for the team should also get an award. Each single game is also necessary to reach the mininum of 50 games and counts for the final result. In team play you should not have to look to take your own win, you have to look to do as much points as possible in the team. In sports it should be usual that everybody belongs to the team, independ of his individuell success. I could not find anything announced in the forum or the team rules, that it is necessary to win at least one game.

So I vote: PLEASE GIVE ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAMS A MEDAL!

I think the "missing" medals are:
Steve Yo, Mike806, davis60, CyNd3r -> GOLD
SnyperEye -> SILVER
Saint, JUDGE DREDD, Viriathus, GFips -> BEYONCE

there fixed.

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Agreed gfips.. Hope you fix this Dustin

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm

-- Editted due to Nim's sillyness --
Last edited by CyNd3r on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm

-- Editted due to Nim's sillyness --
Last edited by CyNd3r on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm

What am I on? You're the one talking to yourself. :roll:

Tstering
British Luxer

Post by Tstering » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

ROFL, nice editing :D

CyD3r, you are a looney :P

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Don't make me take away your mod stick...

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:44 pm

∞ Nim thinks someone's been in the cheese beer ∞

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:50 pm

/me sniff's Nimhat's Juicebox. Yep....the Grape Juice has started to ferment again...

/me thinks Nimmy needs a nice lie-down.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Is it a bug or is it just the way it is?

Post by GFips » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Dustin,

Cyndy3r wrote
Quick question... Why was I not awarded a gold medal for this. Granted I only played one game but I was still a part of team seduction.. It seems the rest of the team got their medals but not me...?

concerning this I already sent you a p.m. some days ago but I did not get an answer.

So is this problem, concerning Cynd3r, Saint, The Judge Dredd, me and some more players a bug (which might be fixed then?) or is mandatory to win a single game to get an team award? As there was nothing in the forum rules (or at least I did not find), please tell us, is it a bug or because of a rule? If it is not a bug, why this is so? You can say, it is the way it is, then it is ok (although I think it is not fair), but please give a comment - Thank you!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 pm

I didn't give out medals to people who were not part of at least 1 winning game for their team. The "wins" are scored for the team, not just per person, so even if you helped your partner win the game, you'd get marked with a win also. It's possible they helped their team with a second place points, but wins are what really pushes teams up in the scores.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Congrats the real Team-Winners: A New Day

Post by GFips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the comment. It is ok, but this should be posted next time in the forum before the contest begins ... in this way (afterwards) I think it is not really fair. Either it is a teamcontest or not. In other lux tournaments you could theoretically even win gold without a single victory (don't know if it ever happend, but surely can happen), so why not get a medal here for teamplay when played at least one game?

Dustin wrote:
I didn't give out medals to people who were not part of at least 1 winning game for their team [...] wins are what really pushes teams up in the scores.
So if you we do not really belong to the team, then just something funny to think about ... (Nimy - please a clown therefor...):

If players that had no win during teamplay do not belong to the team => consequently you have to remove all games they played from the scoring - right? Then you would get a complete different end result (if I counted correct):

Le Cocks Sportif 206 Points / 80 Games -> 2,57 (4)
Seduction 193 Points / 71 Games -> 2,72 (2)
My Finger Slipped 186 Points / 69 Games -> 2,70 (3)
Ten Monkeys of the ApocaLux 202 Points / 73 Games -> 2,76 (1)
A New Day 164 Points / 64 Games -> 2,56 (5)
The Raw Whores DQ because of too less games then

=> CONGRATULATION TEAM TMA FOR REAL GOLD !!!!

Before i even get banned now I want to clearify:
No hard feelings please! It is ment as joke!

Claudiu wrote:
Seriously, I wish someone had mentioned this earlier. I don't know why it is expected that we would know all of this. From where would we know this? This is the first time that I participate in first Lux.

I must note that the wiki is not very clear about this. I interpreted that as the placement of the team, not the individual.
I think, this is the real point. For next year please post clear rules, Dustin! - then there will be no mistakes!
Last edited by GFips on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm

dustin wrote:I didn't give out medals to people who were not part of at least 1 winning game for their team. The "wins" are scored for the team, not just per person, so even if you helped your partner win the game, you'd get marked with a win also. It's possible they helped their team with a second place points, but wins are what really pushes teams up in the scores.
That COMPLETELY goes against the concept of "Team", Dustin!!!

They don't give Superbowl rings just to the quaterback and star running back, even the 3rd string kicker from Kirghistan who botched both coffin-corner-punts he was supposed to make....

There's no "I" in Team

That'd be Teiam, and that just looks funny.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:There's no "I" in Team

That'd be Teiam, and that just looks funny.

:smt044

*Edited to add emoticon (happy Wontrob?)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 pm

The Lux teams are very different from superbowl teams, who train with each other for the whole year.

In our teams, anyone could show up and jump in, and help their team win or lose.

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Every game played by EVERY player in the teams helped lead to the result we have today.. It's ridiculous to not give out medals to ALL team members.

With the time you have spent reading and replying to our posts you could have handed out the 9 extra medals and then everyone will be happy.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:04 pm

CyNd3r wrote:With the time you have spent reading and replying to our posts you could have handed out the 9 extra medals and then everyone will be happy.
But ... would doing so make dustin happy ... ?

∞ paranoiarodeo enjoys watching Lord Quasar do whatever he wants ∞

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:08 pm

CyNd3r wrote:Every game played by EVERY player in the teams helped lead to the result we have today.. It's ridiculous to not give out medals to ALL team members.

With the time you have spent reading and replying to our posts you could have handed out the 9 extra medals and then everyone will be happy.
Fully agreed!

And for next year you can formulate clearly rules. If it is stated clearly before then everybody knows it and can play in this way ...

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Here you go Dustin.

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Don't be stingy Nimmy...

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:20 pm

If those other players hadn't played, even if they lost, their team would have been disqualified. I might only give medals to the winning teams SURVIVING members, to reflect the nature of the tourney.... and that wouldn't necessarily be the same people as those who won a game....

but.... even a pickup basketball team would still congratulate all the players, even the fat dumpy kid who laid up bricks the whole game....

Otherwise, make this an individual contest, and eliminate teams altogether....

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:35 pm

OK you guys have convinced me. The missing awards have been given out. Congratulations on showing up and losing some games.

:roll:

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Dustin... you ARE the master.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm

This is a victory for Bench Warmers everywhere...

Hmmm....but maybe they can have their OWN special medal

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Bahahahahahaha

Thanks Dustin, appreciate it