the first americans

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

the first americans

Post by blackj3sus » Mon May 10, 2010 4:27 pm

the map, the first americans requires an accessory to be fully enjoyed so i thought i would provide you guys with the link to that accessory:
the first americans accessory

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Mon May 10, 2010 5:48 pm

You are also required to say, "AAAAAAAHHHH" while patting your mouth with your fingers.

:P

is that too offensive? :shock:

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 pm

I've just finished playing my first game of The First American's against 4 human players.

There's a bit of an issue with the start of this map I think, especially with tribe Sioux who I just played. Sioux is at a terrible disadvantage, having to face pretty much every tribe all at once from the outset but without any extra armies or additional income to compensate.

The potential income that Sioux starts on (the great lakes and Plains) is too hard to gain or hold because almost every border is hostile.

Blackfoot also appears to have drawn a short straw, although there's a few perks for him to help offset it and he does have some sanctuary.

The good news is other players enjoyed the game :)

I did wonder if removing Sioux might be worthwhile. You could share it's countries among the other tribes, ensuring no one player is stuck in the middle.

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm

I like it how it is - it provides a challenge for offline play when trying to win from every position. But for online multiplayer, there are definitely a few tougher starts.

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:16 pm

RandomGuy wrote:I like it how it is - it provides a challenge for offline play when trying to win from every position. But for online multiplayer, there are definitely a few tougher starts.
Sure, I understand. The reason I raised it was because with human opponents the central position is dire.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

I agree, some positions are a little harder to start with on the map (ie Iroquois and Sioux). I sort of intended a different strategy to be employed with each start. The Iroquois and Sioux don't do well with a really aggressive, let's take over as much land as possible as quickly as possible approach. They tend to do better with a mostly soldiers, slow but steady approach. Where as the Cherokee, Apache, and Bella Coola are intended to be the really aggressive mostly knights, attack and attack fast starts. The rest I tried to make somewhere in between.

That was my intention at least, whether or not that came out is debatable. It might be good to strengthen the Sioux and Iroquois a little.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 pm

I think some variety in position strengths can be good, especially in offline maps.

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Agree with the offline point sure. My comments were based on a human game.

I suppose I thought Sioux deserved a better chance is all... then again it might be my aggressive playing style that's to blame. :smt064