The 6th Annual Lux Castle Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 am

/me stinks
fish be aware?!
did i get drafted?

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:40 am

wait, paras playing? maybe 'tis really IS the season! at the same time, I'm also gonna be picked last... it's like gym all over again....

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Milltycoon wrote:I would not favor penalizing teams for telling each other what to do in the main room. In my opinion, it is up to each team to heed or ignore the words of an opposing player in the chat room. Saying inflammatory things or taunting or threatening to target--those words might be up for disciplinary discretion. But if Earth and Bane (as a random example) have too many peaceful common borders in game after game and this allows Fire, who is leading the tournament, to hit Virtue mercilessly and for several games in a row, it shouldn't be illegal for other teams to try to sway the gameplay. Only profanity, insults and general negativity (and some egregious in-game tactics) should be illegal in my view.
Milltycoon!!!

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Milltycoon wrote:I would not favor penalizing teams for telling each other what to do in the main room. In my opinion, it is up to each team to heed or ignore the words of an opposing player in the chat room. Saying inflammatory things or taunting or threatening to target--those words might be up for disciplinary discretion. But if Earth and Bane (as a random example) have too many peaceful common borders in game after game and this allows Fire, who is leading the tournament, to hit Virtue mercilessly and for several games in a row, it shouldn't be illegal for other teams to try to sway the gameplay. Only profanity, insults and general negativity (and some egregious in-game tactics) should be illegal in my view.
Bless you Milty, yet, many would believe that "coaching" from non-players in the game room IS insulting.....the players, their own tactics and so forth....it is disrespectful to all those concerned (the players) ,and i know, because i have been guilty of it before.........It could also be classed as negativity, as i know last yr, the Virtue team did become rather aggrieved when it seemed that every other team was picking on them, and many players watching also hinted that in certain games, they should be hit.

I do NOT have any problem with peeps comin in to watch, and yelling support for certain players, or laughing when i miss another blatent kill, or telling Snyper that his hat sucks monkey's balls, YET, like i said before, if all teams have private rooms, and / or use AIM to chat with one another during a game, i see no reason whatsoever, why peeps should be talking tactics, or coachin one another on what to do.....it begs belief to do it, as we already are in teams, and do not need teams teaming with one another to try and contrive results

Before we know it, para will ban us all for teaming, and he will be alone to himself in luxdom.......

:shock:

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:01 am

The deadline for current members is up. The draft process will soon follow for new members.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

NOTE:

With the exception of Kingdom Air which is already full. I have 1 former member from each kingdom that is renewing their memberships for the draft.

I could cut the whole process in half if each kingdom agrees to take back their renewing past members?

Current members thoughts?

Option A - Take back our original Teammates and just draft the new players

Option B - Screw them they abandoned us let the other teams fight over them?

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

hi all, i will be working in january, dont know my times until the december 23, if i want to play? SURE!, but the rules dont allow me to decide after the 15 (last) december, so must to follow the rules. In other words i will send my COC around december 23 th, if i can play GOOD, if not, well i did all i could, sry for the late answer, i love you so much...FIRE!!!

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 am

Option A...

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 am

:D :D :D
Last edited by Enzo1997 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 am

Try not to discourage people from signing up Enzo. Your list is unofficial and inaccurate.

REGISTRATIONS FOR NEW PLAYERS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED VIA PM!

:castle SIGN UP TODAY! REGISTRATIONS ENDS 12/23/11 :castle
Last edited by SnyperEye on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 pm

So until next December?

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:16 pm

I like to be a year ahead on things

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Another question, if i may Snyper......if there is such a resurgence in registrations, will there be any thoughts of bringing the teams back to a 6-player one?

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Re: The 6th Annual Castle Tournament

Post by Lantern » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

SnyperEye wrote:A MVP mystery prize will be awarded to the top individual performer.
Lantern starts the rumor that it is an iPAD3

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Looks more like a Samsung Tablet to me.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:15 am

mazza wrote:Another question, if i may Snyper......if there is such a resurgence in registrations, will there be any thoughts of bringing the teams back to a 6-player one?
Yes, Thats why I do not wish to post any listing as of yet.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 am

If I get a say in the matter, then I'd like to see a list of the former players, and which teams they'd be rejoining. Assuming they wouldn't unbalance things as they currently stand, then I'd say sure, let 'em skip the draft. But if any one or two teams end up with a crazy good lineup, then no, I think that's not fair, and all players who didn't participate last year should be drafted. In other words, I can see the argument for both sides, especially wanting old teammates back for brotherhood's sake, but I think giving all teams the fairest chance possible is more important. Besides, captains can negotiate behind the scenes, and informally agree not to draft each other's buddies, etc. Also, when the bidding is all said and done, will you post every team's bids, so we can see exactly how the draft shook out?

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:46 am

The actual former players are as so...

Jesterme - Earth
Big Will E Style - Virtue
Deez Nuts - Bane
Paranoiarodeo - Fire
Drifter - Water

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

SnyperEye wrote:3. The tournament does not allow the use of ANY profanity.
I personally know me and the rest of Air were fairly calm last year, but in our private chat room we were exploding...

Private Chat Room Site

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 am

SnyperEye wrote:The actual former players are as so...

Jesterme - Earth
Deez Nuts - Bane
Paranoiarodeo - Fire
Drifter - Water
With guillerme Also possibly returning in his own words... Would he get put on the team instead of para due to playing last year?

Also Snype are we sure about the player cap being 5?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Enzo1997 wrote:
SnyperEye wrote:3. The tournament does not allow the use of ANY profanity.
I personally know me and the rest of Air were fairly calm last year, but in our private chat room we were exploding...

Private Chat Room Site
Weren't you the ones who were constantly calling out penalties for this rule? I think so...

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Enzo1997 wrote:

Jesterme - Earth
Deez Nuts - Bane
Paranoiarodeo - Fire
Drifter - Water
With guillerme Also possibly returning in his own words... Would he get put on the team instead of para due to playing last year?

Also Snype are we sure about the player cap being 5?
I already explained this above

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:14 am

Jesterme - Earth
Deez Nuts - Bane
Paranoiarodeo - Fire
Drifter - Water

you have also missed Lantern, who was a virtue player as well...........AND, frankly, paranoiarodeo did not play for Fire, did he? he hasnt played in any of the last 4 castle tournies, and to say that he was a past Fire player when he actually played for Pirate team, is not actually the same thing, is it?? AND, there was a reason that these returning players were not playin last year, so i am of the opinion that they all get put into the draft.....IF someone retires from the NFL, or whatever, and then want to re-register themselves, do they automatically go to the team that they last represented? Sometimes, there are reasons for them NOT to return to their original squad......... Also, in the case of Deez, even though i love the guy to death, there was a fair bit of angst directed towards him by other BANE members for not showing up at all last year; what if he decides at the time not to play again this yr, due to his renovations and so forth, how do the BANE players feel about him automatically coming into the team again???

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 am

I dont care if Deez or Micella returns this yeasr as long as they show up to play some games ...at least the number of games required.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:13 am

But pirates are well known for burning cities to the ground!

∞ paranoiarodeo y'arghs with torch in hand ∞

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 am

Are you that afraid Maz of para re-joining team fire?

Pirates are known for looting and burning castles which remains true to Team Fire's principles.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am

mazza wrote:

Jesterme - Earth
Deez Nuts - Bane
Paranoiarodeo - Fire
Drifter - Water

you have also missed Lantern, who was a virtue player as well...........AND, frankly, paranoiarodeo did not play for Fire, did he? he hasnt played in any of the last 4 castle tournies, and to say that he was a past Fire player when he actually played for Pirate team, is not actually the same thing, is it?? AND, there was a reason that these returning players were not playin last year, so i am of the opinion that they all get put into the draft.....IF someone retires from the NFL, or whatever, and then want to re-register themselves, do they automatically go to the team that they last represented? Sometimes, there are reasons for them NOT to return to their original squad......... Also, in the case of Deez, even though i love the guy to death, there was a fair bit of angst directed towards him by other BANE members for not showing up at all last year; what if he decides at the time not to play again this yr, due to his renovations and so forth, how do the BANE players feel about him automatically coming into the team again???

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 am

Lantern played 13 games last year for Virtue what are you talking about?

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm

/me wonders the same

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

hahahah, am i a year ahead of myself already? i seriously thought Lantern had been gone for longer than that......

:smt049 Mazza only now knows what Lantern means to him

Mazza has always known what snyper meant to him though