"WaffenSS" - Beyond limit!

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Lantern wrote:doesn't this thread being started kind of do the exact same thing it was meant to rally against?

ponder that.
Rally against "Hitler"?

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 pm

(he died)

[allegedly]

Milltycoon
Bagels with Lux

Post by Milltycoon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 am

He'd be 122 years old. I think it is safe to say that if he didn't shoot himself in a bunker in 1945, he is probably dead by now.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 am

kude wrote:hah... I remember this guy... he spent an hour arguing with shopi over his name in a rome room... He claimed that if his name didn't offend people, then it hasn't done it's job...

i think this is the biggest issue here people.....we have had "mini-mussolini" playing here a while ago, and even thought he was quite a "fan" of the Deuce, he did NOT deliberately go out to offend people (to my knowledge). HOWEVER, the player above DID say that his aim was to offend ....i think this is the distinction that we all must remember.....

Many people are naive to other's past, their circumstances, their family's history etc. and sometimes, comments can be made that offend people through no fault of the other people....this can lead to quite "awkward" moments, but they can be fixed because the person making the comments initially was not out to be an asshole to the other......when people admit it is their job to offend with quite controversial comments or names, this is when it is time to act upon it.....

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 am

(clones)

[man]

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 am

Ultimately, who decides which historical names are verboten?
I believe it is the Mods job to decide. Just as it is your duty to stop a player from having the name, "F**k all the Jews", you all know the name "Hitler" is offensive and unacceptable.

This is not a life or death decision. With the common sense all Mods have, with the strength of their judgement, I place my trust in the Mods ability to decide on which names are to offensive to use. Just like all decisions Mods make, the players take their medicine, or take it down the road to Chutes and Ladders.com.

BTW, today is "Love yer Mod" day.

Thanks to all the Mods for all your hard work, Lux long, and prosper.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am

plane crazy wrote: I believe it is the Mods job to decide. Just as it is your duty to stop a player from having the name, "F**k all the Jews", you all know the name "Hitler" is offensive and unacceptable.
As a Jew, I'm all for "F**k all the Jews" as long as Schrobby, Nemo, TSK, Hearts, Tazzy etc. were involved.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

don't forget llama!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 pm

dollabillz wrote:don't forget llama!
She's a Jew too, so she can have the Luxins after I'm done with 'em