Flat Lincoln

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Maybe it is just me, but wouldn't it be easier to keep the Flat Lincoln photo thread unlocked and trust the mods to delete any post that does not contain an image of Lincoln, as opposed to waiting on TSK to unlock/lock the photo thread everytime an image needs to be added?

∞ Drifter tries not to overthink things ∞

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 am

I was actually going to formally request this, but did not want to burden the forum mods. Para and TSK were suggesting the same thing last night. I just wAnted that thread to have only pics and actual project updates. Whichever way of doing this easiest, I appreciate and say thanks.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 am

What? Are you afraid the clowns might spam the topic? :smt044

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 am

It is not burden what so ever. Just make a post in that thread requesting that all entries require either images of Flat (and fluffy) Lincoln, or actual project updates... and all other post will go down the chute with the rest of the bad eggs.

I think it is a really cool concept and project, and will end up in the Hall of Fame one day.

∞ Drifter gets out a roll of gaffers tape and deals with n00less ∞

luiz zenni
Luxer

Flat Lincoln

Post by luiz zenni » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 pm

If Lincoln can visit me I'm waiting in my treehouse.
I'm waiting with lots of pistachios and water balloons.! :wink:

Tcraig
Luxer

Post by Tcraig » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I work in philly right by the Liberty Bell and am not opposed to getting some cool shots of him and with him!

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:14 pm

We have to wait a bit to see who gets him next. Capicola is currently (or shortly will be) in possession of him.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Aww, yeah - Jester, those photos are great! This game is going to be a blast. Do I PM you my address? Is there a schedule?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Nope, you post your address directly in this thread. Oh! And post your credit card numbers too so we can reimburse you for the shipping!

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Post by Capicola » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Holy poopsies*, he's here!!!!111!

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

3DA wrote:Aww, yeah - Jester, those photos are great! This game is going to be a blast. Do I PM you my address? Is there a schedule?
Capicola has the Lincoln now so the way I approached it was the first to ask me I sent it to them.

We coordinated the details (address shipping, etc) outside of Lux PM's via email. I would encourage you to PM the person with the doll to make arrangements however is most convenient for you.

Capicola has the choice to ship him directly to whomever he wants or I am available to coordinate shipping as well - Capi can send him back to the return address and I can forward him on, but that is an extra step which takes more time and money in the long run...

If anyone has any better ideas, let me know -

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 am

lol, when me and the wifey went to Europe, we took a storm trooper to the lourve, and also to the coffee shops whilst i was in Amsterdam.....when Lincoln comes to Adelaide, i will be takin him to the nearest pub, and he will get drunk on some aussie beer.....

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:21 am

jesterme wrote:
3DA wrote:Aww, yeah - Jester, those photos are great! This game is going to be a blast. Do I PM you my address? Is there a schedule?
Capicola has the Lincoln now so the way I approached it was the first to ask me I sent it to them.

We coordinated the details (address shipping, etc) outside of Lux PM's via email. I would encourage you to PM the person with the doll to make arrangements however is most convenient for you.

Capicola has the choice to ship him directly to whomever he wants or I am available to coordinate shipping as well - Capi can send him back to the return address and I can forward him on, but that is an extra step which takes more time and money in the long run...

Why not save some $$$ and have Capicola and Tcraig try to meet in Philly when Capi visits in a few weeks.... May be I can even arrange a hand-off between T-Craig and myself as I'm only a little over an hour out from Philly...

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Post by Capicola » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 am

n00less cluebie wrote:
jesterme wrote:

Why not save some $$$ and have Capicola and Tcraig try to meet in Philly when Capi visits in a few weeks.... May be I can even arrange a hand-off between T-Craig and myself as I'm only a little over an hour out from Philly...
1) I am afraid of TCraig's fists of fury.
2) See item 1.

Tcraig
Luxer

Post by Tcraig » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 am

I don't know by Capi is afraid of little ol' me... But I am okay with those suggestion nooless. I live about an hour away from Philly myself... Down in Delaware but I am not against meeting up with you guys sometime after work. Let's try and work something out!

Capi be very very afraid! Lol jp

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Tcraig wrote: Capi be very very afraid! Lol jp
If you're not yet....

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Post by Capicola » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22 am

Hi Everybody,

I'm taking my last pictures with Lincoln this weekend. I was wondering who would like to receive him next.

:D

-Cola

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 am

depends: are you still scared of TCraig?

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll take him next....

We can do some tourist type stuff in NorCal! It would be a great excuse to get myself, my kid, and my wife away from the never ending house remodel.

w00t! to that.

edited to add:

I just PM'ed my contact information to Capi!

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed May 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Flat Lincoln has arrived! I will start taking photos with him EVERYWHERE!

Thank you Capi!

Thank you jes!

Pictures coming up real soon.

I am now accepting applications as to who will receive Flat Lincoln next.... any one in the Bay Area, NorCal wanna meet up for a beer and a Flat Lincoln exchange?

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

w00t! glad he made it!!! now we just need Capi to post his pics....

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Fri May 11, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm in, I dont live far from the highest point in Alabama - i'd like to take Lincoln up there.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 pm

OK... I'm IN!!! :) I would love to show Lincoln around PHX and take some pics of him and I... AND, i PROMISE *fingers crossed* not to flash him!!! (he is, after all, Lincoln)...

...but seriously, how do i officially sign up? Sounds like fun! :)

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon May 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Stelee wrote:OK... I'm IN!!! :)

Once people start posting pics, the game should start speeding up. WhirlPlaid has Lincoln at the moment. Once he is done, it is basically just whoever wants him next.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 pm

jesterme wrote:
Stelee wrote:OK... I'm IN!!! :)

Once people start posting pics, the game should start speeding up. WhirlPlaid has Lincoln at the moment. Once he is done, it is basically just whoever wants him next.
Cool :) Well, let Swirlie know that because i asked him today and he thinks he needs to send it back to you first. I've done a Flat Stanley project before, so I know that's not the case, but since I didn't know your particular rules on this one, I didn't say anything to him. I'll let you talk to him.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Actually, I asked for him back because I want to take him on my summer trip. No one else was chomping at the bit at the moment, so I wanted to take him with me to the Bahamas and get some pics.

WP said he would send it back so I could do that. But if someone else is interested and wants to actually post pics and play, I will defer to you for sure!

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Tue May 29, 2012 12:28 am

jesterme wrote:Actually, I asked for him back because I want to take him on my summer trip. No one else was chomping at the bit at the moment, so I wanted to take him with me to the Bahamas and get some pics.

WP said he would send it back so I could do that. But if someone else is interested and wants to actually post pics and play, I will defer to you for sure!
Jester, I'm totally cool either way. Why don't you take him to Bahamas (I'm sure he'd love it!) and then I can show him around Phx.

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler

Post by Drifter » Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 am

Even though I am a retired profession photographer, I will offer my talents to photograph Flat Lincoln in the Bahamas for you, for the mere sake of the project alone... if you don't mind picking up the travel expenses...

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

Drifter wrote:Even though I am a retired profession photographer, I will offer my talents to photograph Flat Lincoln in the Bahamas for you, for the mere sake of the project alone... if you don't mind picking up the travel expenses...
Well hell, Im a professional musician. I will serenade Lincoln in the Bahamas while Drift photos him for the mere cost of travel expenses too! ;)

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Nothing has gone according to plan for my "travels with Lincoln". I will grab a couple simple local shots of Lincoln and then get him back in the mail to jesterme. After he goes to jes and Stelee and anybody else that is interested, I would be happy to try again for come classic San Francisco pictures. Sorry for the delays. He will be in the mail before the 1st of June.