Blah blah blah

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Hey, Baden, don't keep using your supreme age as your defense. You're an old man, we get that. You've been around a long time and you've seen more history first-hand. We, however, aren't as clueless as you might think. The forums are an invaluable tool in the study of history. I know more about the Luxshoppe 1 than you do even though I wasn't there to experience it personally. Sure, we know less about the older eras than you do, but we still know or at least can find out quite a bit of information about the olden days. In any case, Baden, didn't you miss out on some history while you were banned? You never seem to take that into account.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Rhye wrote:Hey, Baden, don't keep using your supreme age as your defense...
You talk nonsense. Where did I refer to my age in order to back up my arguments?

I see no need for a "defense".

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Baden wrote:So some of the "history" before you joined (2008) you did not witness personally.
This implies that you did see history before 2008 and that would make a an old luxer (well not really, but refering to the fact that you're older in lux than someone else won't get you anywhere).

Bragging, "I've been a luxer for longer than you" is like saying, "My dad can beat up your cat." Both statements are worthless.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Perhaps a lack of humor is the problem? LUX is a game but some people take it a bit too serious.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:47 pm

I for one don't find the humor in you periodically opening up threads that involve paranoiarodeo or something he is/was involved in, then suddenly changing gears and directing things at paranoiarodeo's forum ban.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Rhye wrote:I for one don't find the humor in you periodically opening up threads that involve paranoiarodeo or something he is/was involved in, then suddenly changing gears and directing things at paranoiarodeo's forum ban.
I am not responsible for your humor.

If you are really interested read the whole historic thread. Especially the comment of "Black Pope". He was not a mod at that time but became later one of the most respected we ever had.

If you read carefully the thread you will understand that "Black Pope" and "Para" were not Dustins favorites at that time.

Both later played or still play an important role however as mods and supporters.

So patience pays.

Nothing else I did say.

You seem to have a bite reflex if I post while you even don't know me well.
Last edited by Baden on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 pm

You're dodging the point by picking out particular phrases of mine that are a little strange. I make strange phrases, yes. That doesn't actually change the subject though.

On September 5th you said, "I am patient and support your [paranoiarodeo's] efforts."

On September 6th you said, "Patience was not on your agenda in the early days." You then revived a topic which you have posted so many times. Why did you suddenly flip sides and target paranoiarodeo because of his past actions? I'm not sure. But nothing was said that involved paranoiarodeo in between those two statements, so I'm curious to see why exactly you did that. The answer of your initial post was answered so you moved on to something a little more sinister. Why?

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Rhye wrote:You're dodging the point by picking out particular phrases of mine that are a little strange. I make strange phrases, yes. That doesn't actually change the subject though.

On September 5th you said, "I am patient and support your [paranoiarodeo's] efforts."

On September 6th you said, "Patience was not on your agenda in the early days." You then revived a topic which you have posted so many times. Why did you suddenly flip sides and target paranoiarodeo because of his past actions? I'm not sure. But nothing was said that involved paranoiarodeo in between those two statements, so I'm curious to see why exactly you did that. The answer of your initial post was answered so you moved on to something a little more sinister. Why?
I repeat it for you: Para was not patient in the early days. Now he is patient and I praise him for.

Got it now?

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Addendum:

Dustin obviously is able to see the talents. Why should Paras "history" be a problem? His former disputes he had with Dustin make his actual role even more credible.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:I'm not sure why you feel a six year old post is relevant to this thread, Baden, unless it is to illustrate what may happen to people who engage in attacks on other Luxers. Please don't continue to promote more pointless negativity. You've just shown quite clearly that you know the consequences of such behavior.

Thanks.
(Read the above post)

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:00 pm

OK you 2........

if you were both Aussies, i would recommend 2 different ways to settle this "conversation" between you 2....... the 1st one involves the 2 of you duking it out in the boxing ring.......the 2nd involves you 2 chugging a jug of beer and seeing who is truly the quickest.....

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:09 pm

And that's why I'm proud to be an American...

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 pm

where's nim when you need him to split the thread into a new one called "The Baden/Rhye debate"

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 am

Baden wrote:
The Silken Knot wrote:I'm not sure why you feel a six year old post is relevant to this thread, Baden, unless it is to illustrate what may happen to people who engage in attacks on other Luxers. Please don't continue to promote more pointless negativity. You've just shown quite clearly that you know the consequences of such behavior.

Thanks.
Is a simple quote "negativity"? Anyone may read the original thread still. If you don't like history, erase it.

Btw. you missed the point. Read again carefully and you will understand that my post was rather a compliment concerning Para.
Here's the sad thing: para has moved on and grown since "Ye Olde Days", you remain essentially unchanged both in your play-style and tenor of forum posts. You've become a caricature of yourself, and your negativity hidden as backhanded-compliments is so predictable, that it no longer surprises anyone. Since it is unlikely that you are going to change your online persona, I'd ask as a favor, to save us all the time, use this simple code when posting here:

Rant #1: para is a poopyhead
Rant #2: Lux will never be as good as when I and "my family" *cough* were active players / My long-term experience in Lux engenders everyone else's posts moot.
Rant #3: Remember when para was a dickhead? I sure do, and let me remind you all about again!
Rant #4: My erudition and cultural background makes my opinions worth SO much more than everyone else
Rant #5: Why do people react negatively towards me when I do nothing to encourage them??? AKA WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE ME?!
Rant #6: Why do you think I'm ranting?! All I am doing is sharing salient facts with the rest of the Lux Community.

Now, instead of having to think of what to type, you can consult the above list and simply indicate your appropriate rant. Let's look at a few examples to help get you started!
Baden wrote: Patience was not on your agenda in the early days.

I qoute (sic) Dustins comment in the "Ian and Julia and Panther and Para were banned" thread (2006):

"Para's case was slightly different, but probably more clear cut. I had personally warned him on multiple occasions about his attacks on people. When he showed his usual behaviour an hour after I gave some time-outs I gave him one too. I got the feeling that para felt he was untouchable, because of his rankings dominance. Well, I needed to show that he was not untouchable. Ignoring my warnings brings consequences."

Rather Pariah not Para at that time. That is history. Obviously patience pays :)
can be replaced with:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #3
See how much cleaner and simpler that is?

This post:
Baden wrote:
Llux Llama wrote:...Also, I hope everyone looks at rodin's "the crouching woman". I didn't pick it because he is a master. I picked it because that individual piece is amazing.

Great topic, Baden!
It is amazing because he is master! As simple as that!

I am involved in the art business as unsalaried promoter on a high and professional level. And believe me: There are only few talents who make a big and deserved career. Watch the Olympics: You have to find the young professional talents. Like trainers my wife (a professional painter) and me did that. You watch hundreds and promote a dozen in a span of two decades. And from that dozen three or four get international attention.

Musicians don't get in the top as well easily.

Of course there are many good artists who get less attention.

My advice: Just visit museums and private exhibitions. Sharpen your eye. But believe me: You have to learn and study. With pure enthusiasm without a solid base of knowledge you may decorate your room however.

Give the young talents a chance. Watch them and buy since they need money. But avoid charlatans.
becomes the elegant:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #4
Whole THREADS can be reduced to
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #1
Or how about:
Baden wrote:
paranoiarodeo wrote:Again: You do realize this thread was posted in Engie's honor, right?...
I did not dispute "Engie's honor". Anyone may check the stats without your help. Feel free to honor personally whomever. But as an official you should understand that in my perception "Baden" never was honored for any (even more spectacular) milestone so far.

I take it easy. It is just a fact.
This of course is simply:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #5
Oh and don't forget all posts like this:
Baden wrote:
Stelee wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote:

p.s. Anyone else find it funny how Baden started this thread out seemingly on a positive note to para, but secretly hoping someone else would start flaming para, and then when no one else took the bait, Baden decided to flame his own post? No? Well, I guess you just had to be there
Yup! Indeed!
Nonsense. I started this thread innocently and got later a hint by pm.
should simply be replaced with
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #6
Should we need to add to the Rant list I'll be happy to update the system, but I think this should do nicely for a while!

Happy Posting :lol:

edited to add jesterme's helpful color system!
Last edited by n00less cluebie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 am

n00less cluebie wrote:
Baden wrote:

Thanks.
Is a simple quote "negativity"? Anyone may read the original thread still. If you don't like history, erase it.

Btw. you missed the point. Read again carefully and you will understand that my post was rather a compliment concerning Para.
Here's the sad thing: para has moved on and grown since "Ye Olde Days", you remain essentially unchanged both in your play-style and tenor of forum posts. You've become a caricature of yourself, and your negativity hidden as backhanded-compliments is so predictable, that it no longer surprises anyone. Since it is unlikely that you are going to change your online persona, I'd ask as a favor, to save us all the time, use this simple code when posting here:

Rant #1: para is a poopyhead
Rant #2: Lux will never be as good as when I and "my family" *cough* were active players / My long-term experience in Lux engenders everyone else's posts moot.
Rant #3: Remember when para was a dickhead? I sure do, and let me remind you all about again!
Rant #4: My erudition and cultural background makes my opinions worth SO much more than everyone else
Rant #5: Why do people react negatively towards me when I do nothing to encourage them??? AKA WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE ME?!
Rant #6: Why do you think I'm ranting?! All I am doing is sharing salient facts with the rest of the Lux Community.

Now, instead of having to think of what to type, you can consult the above list and simply indicate your appropriate rant. Let's look at a few examples to help get you started!
Baden wrote: Patience was not on your agenda in the early days.

I qoute (sic) Dustins comment in the "Ian and Julia and Panther and Para were banned" thread (2006):

"Para's case was slightly different, but probably more clear cut. I had personally warned him on multiple occasions about his attacks on people. When he showed his usual behaviour an hour after I gave some time-outs I gave him one too. I got the feeling that para felt he was untouchable, because of his rankings dominance. Well, I needed to show that he was not untouchable. Ignoring my warnings brings consequences."

Rather Pariah not Para at that time. That is history. Obviously patience pays :)
can be replaced with:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:RANT #3
See how much cleaner and simpler that is?

This post:
Baden wrote:
Llux Llama wrote:...Also, I hope everyone looks at rodin's "the crouching woman". I didn't pick it because he is a master. I picked it because that individual piece is amazing.

Great topic, Baden!
It is amazing because he is master! As simple as that!

I am involved in the art business as unsalaried promoter on a high and professional level. And believe me: There are only few talents who make a big and deserved career. Watch the Olympics: You have to find the young professional talents. Like trainers my wife (a professional painter) and me did that. You watch hundreds and promote a dozen in a span of two decades. And from that dozen three or four get international attention.

Musicians don't get in the top as well easily.

Of course there are many good artists who get less attention.

My advice: Just visit museums and private exhibitions. Sharpen your eye. But believe me: You have to learn and study. With pure enthusiasm without a solid base of knowledge you may decorate your room however.

Give the young talents a chance. Watch them and buy since they need money. But avoid charlatans.
becomes the elegant:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #4
Whole THREADS can be reduced to
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #1!
Or how about:
Baden wrote:
paranoiarodeo wrote:Again: You do realize this thread was posted in Engie's honor, right?...
I did not dispute "Engie's honor". Anyone may check the stats without your help. Feel free to honor personally whomever. But as an official you should understand that in my perception "Baden" never was honored for any (even more spectacular) milestone so far.

I take it easy. It is just a fact.
This of course is simply:
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:RANT #5!
Oh and don't forget all posts like this:
Baden wrote:
Stelee wrote: Yup! Indeed!
Nonsense. I started this thread innocently and got later a hint by pm.
should simply be replaced with
New Revised Baden Posting System wrote:Rant #6
Should we need to add to the Rant list I'll be happy to update the system, but I think this should do nicely for a while!

Happy Posting:lol:
Do you really think that I have time or interest to read that or even answer in detail?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 am

Baden wrote:<s>
Do you really think that I have time or interest to read that or even answer in detail?</s>

Rant #4
There! Fixed it for you

edited for color!
Last edited by n00less cluebie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am

n00less cluebie wrote:
Do you really think that I have time or interest to read that or even answer in detail?</s>

Rant #4
There! Fixed it for you
Your profile describes it well:

"Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.' "

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:30 am

Your profile describes it well:

"Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.' "</s>

Rant #6
See! Look how much time you could be saving yourself and others!

edited for color!
Last edited by n00less cluebie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:28 am

You really should color code this, n00less. People are more likely to remember the rants numerical counterpoint when paired with a color.

I.E. Rant #6
I.E. Rant #2

Just some helpful (I hope) criticism.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll take your I.E.'s for E.G.'s but am happy to comply! Thanks for the helpful hint jester!

Here are the codes for your copy&pasting pleasure:

[color=red][b]Rant #1[/b][/color]
[color=orange][b]Rant #2[/b][/color]
[color=green][b]Rant #3[/b][/color]
[color=cyan][b]Rant #4[/b][/color]
[color=blue][b]Rant #5[/b][/color]
[color=violet][b]Rant #6[/b][/color]

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:06 pm

I.E. / E.G. / EIEIO

Thanks for the color updates! I think in the long term it will help us all.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 pm

/me eats the green rants.

"what does it taste like, Ralph?"
"It tastes like Burning..ooohhh"

/me collapses next to Ralph.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Rhye reminds his friendly community that:

I.E. Id est That is
E.G. Exempli gratia For example

(Rhye's grammar lizard crawls elsewhere.)

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 pm

You're welcome.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Nimrod to the rescue!