Mafia XXXIV (Medieval Mafia): Game on!

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm

FIRST: GREAT GAME INNOCENTS!

SECOND: KICK ASS HOSTING TSK! Thank you very much.

Finally:

Okay, here is why I played the way that I did...

Clubie has a history of killing me on night one of Mafia games. He thinks its funny. So funny that a few games ago he used a sniper rifle to kill me on night one even when we were BOTH innocent!

Knowing that Clubie was going to try to kill me solely for shits and giggles and since I had the Kentish powder, I used the powder on him on night one to prevent him from making any night actions. I then challenged him to a joust in an attempt to level the playing field. I knew one of us would die but this way at least I had a chance to be in control of my and possibly his fate.

Clubie was killed on night one BEFORE we could joust so no proof was given of my innocence.

The same night, since I was to be lynched (thank you Clubie) I PM’d every player if they were the bishop and if so could they pardon me. Three players responded: Jesterme, Lantern, Schroberts. They all said they were not the bishop, they could not help me, but that they were innocent. It was a great play on their part and led me to believe they were innocent.

SunTzu was the bishop and pardoned me.

Shortly after that, SunTzu, (who was the only player to suggest names for lynching) was killed. I waited and after nobody else took the lead (other than *Mani), I decided to pick up where SunTzu left off and suggested any name just to see how people would react and which players would support other players. Here is where things got bad for the innocents: *Mani, Will, and Shockers suggested lynching Lantern, I was uncertain but believed Lantern was innocent. I decided to support Lantern knowing that if Shock was lynched but confirmed innocent then I could confidently vote to lynch Lantern the next night and possibly also Schroberts and Jesterme as I indicated in the thread. I also knew that if Shock was lynched and confirmed guilty then I could support Lantern and by affiliation *Mani and Will would be guilty. In my brain this was the pivotal vote that would separate the good from the bad. I knew, once the role of Shock was confirmed who was good and who was bad. Unfortunately I chose the wrong side, but stated I would vote for Lantern the following day, which I did.

I think the Vikings made a shrewd move on day one by trying and succeeding to get me to trust them. I didn’t let it completely bowl me over but I did let them convince me to lynch Shock. I know it sounds convoluted but after the Shock vote, I had a good suspicion as to who was good and who was bad.

In conclusion: good game Vikings, ha ha Clubie, thank you TSK, and great game innocents.

P.S. Sorry shockers for calling you out.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Whirl, You didn't PM everyone...I never received a PM. Which made me think you were lying and a mafia with your new found friends Lantern (who said he was my role after I had announced it two days earlier) Schroberts (who wouldn't change her vote despite Mani's evidence - obvi guilty) and Jesterme (who I can never trust in this game due to his odd logic).

The only time I thought you might be innocent is when we were considering lynching you Whirl, Jester and Lantern were quick to say they would vote for you...This was after I had a PM from Lantern telling me that Whirl could confirm he was innocent. When I asked him for reasoning in the thread, he back pedaled and said you guys just trust each other. Which fueled the WP guilty train once Lantern was proven to be guilty.

The frustrating part for me was trying to get everyone to kill Lantern and not Shock based on hard evidence and people still not doing it. I had no idea I could be killed at night hence why I came public. I had even tried to confirm with TSK that I couldn't be killed at night, but I guess she didn't want me to know all the twists without fully reading through. But all of a sudden there was some magic powder and it happened to me in the hands of the mafia. SO I died.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I just wish people were more active, as it helps when you have everyone involved. But life happens, so I get it.

Thanks for the host TSK! See you all next game.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Correct Will, both you and Clubie voted to lynch me so I did not PM either of you to pardon me. I did PM all other players.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Here's the thing...if N00less wasn't the Sheriff, as he claimed, then why wouldn't Mumps speak up? I usually tend to go with people who admit their role and aren't disputed, hence why I went with N00less. What you said makes more sense now.

The funny thing is, Mumps investigated me and because I was the commuter, I came back guilty. That could have hurt us!

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:35 pm

First, hats off to our lovely host, TSK! You always put together a great game, thanks for all the hard work!!!

And well done, innocents. We almost had you, but you caught up with us in the end. If it wasn't for that pesky Big Will and *Manimal!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:50 pm

So after I targetted WP and failed, I concluded that either WP was Mafia or Sheriff, as I had thought I'd have been informed if I wasn't able to do anything at night due to Kentish powers or Alehouse wenching....

I considered jousting WP right then and there, but decided against it, but once he DID challenge me, I knew I was doomed, so I had only one shot:

Get the town to lynch WP, and I figured there we even some fairly good odds that WP WAS Mafia, especially after he didn't claim to be the sheriff, combined with his false arguments about whether the jousts would take place.

I was as shocked as anyone to find out WP WAS innocent when it came out.

As for Night two, I tried to convert Schroberts, but that Viking Wench just wouldn't convert :cry:

Oh, and on Night two I was ALSO robbed of my Berserker's Cloak AND killed (though even if I weren't, I'd have been killed in the joust when WP was pardoned)

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Here is Kjos's perspective. I'll go into detail and I'd really like to hear your guys response.

This was my first time playing this game, and I joined because Robby invited me. I was given the A Basic Rogue Viking role. And I didn't realize how badass that was until I got talking to my team.

My team was so awesome and I couldn't have wished for a better team. Got 3 of my favorite people Lantern, Robby and Jest.

My role was to kill people at night every night, being sent by jest, I thought that was so cool, felt like a lil kid.

We were doin so freakin good at the early middle stage of the game, I was sending between 10-50 PM every night trying to be the center of attention and knowing what was going on, and then finally, Lantern was discovered.

I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do, and I started to hate this Mani guy. He wouldn't shut up and was right 99% of the time about everything.

Then like flies, my team started dying. Boom boom boom and then it was just me. Mani called Jjazz out, my only hope was to go along with that, then I was going to kill Mazza because he started talking about me being the next in his firing line.

Then things came to be, and this MANI GUY PUT me back on the blocks. So my goal was to try and PM Mani some sob story and get him to just believe me this once and kill of Jjazz, but he didn't reply. Then I was like oh crap, then I PM a FAKE story about my role TSK message everyone at the begining of the game, and made it look like I was a SHHD. But no one believed me and all four Mafia were voted off in a row during the day phases.

GG

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Sum total of Dannflor's posts and votes Days 3-8 wrote:""
The Silken Knot wrote:
Dannflor was killed during the Night. Dannflor was the Cartographer (Town Spokesman).
:lol: :smt044

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Silent Cal ftw. :idea:

luiz zenni
Luxer

Post by luiz zenni » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Great game Innocents - Congratulations
Thank you for invite me to play TSK - you're perfect. :clap:

JJazz
Luxer

Post by JJazz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 am

:smt017 tries to figure out if anyone will talk about JJazz :smt017

By the way Schroberts... why didn't you act on the knowledge when I pm'ed you? did you know I was the sheriff?

JJazz
Luxer

Post by JJazz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 am

Wow... I totally forgot this part of my role...

You also start the game with a special item:
A Chainmail Garment (Bulletproof Vest) will protect the wearer from a Viking attack. A Garment can withstand only three attacks before it becomes bent beyond all recognition and is no longer able to serve as protection.

To wear the vest at Night, please PM me. You may also transfer the items to another player if you choose, during a Night phase of the game.

I guess I could have transferred that to some innocents huh :D