Exit the Commish

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Re: Exit the Commish

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 pm

(Or maybe we should post the entire mod lounge dating back to 2004 for all to read.)

∞ paranoiarodeo facepalms ∞

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Lantern, the mod room has rules. We can not cherry pick what we want to share.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Mod lounge doesn't tell the whole story of the last few months or years either.

∞ paranoiarodeo taps his nose ∞

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:20 pm

you guys are fucking annoying with this shit

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:37 pm

I am perfectly aware of the mod lounge rules but it's OK for us to discuss what is in there? I am just asking to be clear. I mean people use what is said behind the curtain of the lounge to their advantage no? or others disadvantage no? And I am speaking very broadly here. On all sides and for mods past and present and future.

You see.. what I somewhat got tired of is public accusations from players on what was discussed. But we should hold our tongue and not say anything because of the rules. I mean that is what should happen right?
Last edited by Lantern on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 pm

I don't think it does any of us any good to argue too much about any of this at this point, Lantern. I'm trying to get through these death throes with a modicum of dignity and grace. It's not easy, and I'll make more than a few missteps in the next few weeks, but I'm trying my best. I wish I had been given more time to resign peacefully rather than having a gun held to my head with a 24 hour deadline. I'd rather not have been publicly shamed as a lunatic and given a half-hearted "sorry but only sorry if you were offended" apology only 'cause others forced someone else's hand on my behalf. There's a big difference between what needs to be done and how it should be done. I wish we all gave more thought and consideration to the latter. Difficult choices need not be acrimonious. I hope everyone will enjoy the next six or seven weeks for what they can and should be. I hope we can all find a way to be our best selves as some of us say goodbye. No need to be angry and argue now and that goes for all of us including me.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:46 pm

How does a gaming community this small find it so hard to give answers and be transparent.

There's more red tape around here than I could find in D.C.

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Agree.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Shockandawe wrote:How does a gaming community this small find it so hard to give answers and be transparent[?]
I think it's because one guy is never around and the other is truculent and speaks in riddles. That's how!

jelly
∞ jelly jiggles ∞

Post by jelly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:04 pm

This is all too convoluted. I just want to say, Lux is fun and I find para entertaining. I can't keep up with who said what or did what. Calling someone out in a forum like this never seems right to me. Let's all try to be more positive. It would of been nice to have that Survivor tournament. It seemed like we have enough interest.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Well this is interesting.

I know I am not the most committed luxer (though some might argue that I should be committed Arkham style) I will say that Lux and Prodeo are one and the same. After buying a new macbook, trying to search all my files, emails, hack my old email passwords, etc. I couldn't find my code to register LUX on my new machine...

I knew however, if I popped in at random intervals enough I would find Prodeo our friendly (yet cranky) neighborhood luxer and he could fix it.

Which yes, he fixed it. What more can i say, than this. Dustin is the creator of Lux but it somehow feels as though while he is on hiatus nobody but Prodeo was around to help and make sure it stayed spinning.

:llama

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:42 pm

By the way, who the fuck is Dollabillz?

:hmm: :lol:

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:44 pm

I will be short, I have offered a bed and a job paranoiarodeo months ago, if that is not generosity ...
How many of you, the unconditional friends, have offered something beyond fine words, as we all know, do not give shelter or food. How many?
I can not hear. How many?
Real life is not a game, work is not a game, and dustin and paranoiarodeo must arrange their things without us. I maintain my proposal to bed and work, you keep playing "I'm with you, soulmate game"
I will post the para's bed.
Sergio. ( aka traitor aka new mod aka unfaithful. )

Lupus ferox
Creator of Maps

Post by Lupus ferox » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 am

I hope the old fun times of Lux will return.

I also hope that we are able to refrain ourselves from putting another messiah on a pedestal.
No one is able to cope with that.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 am

Shockandawe wrote:How does a gaming community this small find it so hard to give answers and be transparent.

In my experience, the smaller the organisation, the worse it is in terms of transparency. Bigger organisations tend to have structures in place which transcend personal agendas to some extent.

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:23 am

They're more what you call guidelines, than actual rules...

:pirate:

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:47 pm

imapickle wrote:
Shockandawe wrote:How does a gaming community this small find it so hard to give answers and be transparent.

In my experience, the smaller the organisation, the worse it is in terms of transparency. Bigger organisations tend to have structures in place which transcend personal agendas to some extent.
I hate to clutter, but this is a great point and I just have to send praise your way imapickle. :trophy

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Lux was ridiculously non-transparent and arbitrarily managed at the peak of its popularity.

Small organizations can be just as professional as large institutions if they so desire.

(The golden age of Lux was a train wreck too.)

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Enter something better.

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Transparency usually refers to what decisions are being made, by whom, and why....as it relates to the organization.

What we have here is "I am going to leak / announce the tip of some iceberg because you all just HAVE to know what this person is REALLY like and how WRONG what they are saying is, but I can't tell you why anything is happening because it is secret., or I will look ugly outing this in public, or it is to my benefit for you to have only half the picture, when you didn't actually need ANY of the picture in the first place"

It really has very little to do with organizational transparency.

At this time I think we can all agree that the state of Lux is a quagmire.

It is time for we Lluxers to take the power back. We need to just say "no". There is a professional and personal very long and very annoying history between para and Dustin as individuals. It is time for us to stop caring about it and giving it an audience. It is important for these two to have understanding with each other for its own sake. It is not important to us or to the direction that lux is about to take.....because we never get the relevant information anyway.

Do we want to be here? Do we want to play? Ok. It Dustin going to stay more than a month? We don't know. What's going to happen after that? We don't know. Are either going to tell us the whole side of their story? Do we want them to? Sure. We are curious. We are meant to be curious. It is like constantly getting movie teasers with never seeing the movie. So let us not do what is expected. Let's just refuse to care. It doesn't relate to what will happen from here. We have no power over this narrative except to stop giving it a page to write on.

If we are here ,and luxtober is coming up. and we want to have fun. let's have fun. Comparing the potential for fun this year with the fun of any other year is also a waste. Things are very different. We know this. If we choose to stay let's choose to have fun with whatever shows up on the tracker.

Fight the Power. Ignore the Power.

:llama

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:04 pm

AquaRegia
Lux Ambassador

Re: Enter something better.

Post by AquaRegia » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am

Llux Llama wrote:... or it is to my benefit for you to have only half the picture, when you didn't actually need ANY of the picture in the first place...
Hear here. Things are discussed in the mods' forum which are not appropriate for everyone. Most of us have done a good job of keeping things confidential without undue "spin" in public ... but none of us are perfect. Be wary of "leaks" and half-truths.

Bottom line, nobody knows why para's goals were not accomplished. Sure, dustin knows HIS side of the story, and para knows HIS, but those two have not been able to be honest with each other, so really, NOBODY knows. You are all entitled to THINK whatever you like, but don't kid yourself into thinking you KNOW. And it won't help to ask me; I don't know any more than you do, and my opinions are just that.

Please believe that we who were on the mod squad this past summer did our best to figure out what was going on and how to help... but it didn't work. I'm ready to move on and enjoy Lux for what it is.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 am

Perfect post Aqua.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Enter something better.

Post by GFips » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 pm

AquaRegia wrote:I'm ready to move on and enjoy Lux for what it is.
I think we all should move on and look forward not back :-) We are all not in the position to make decisions for Dustin. Noone ist forced to stay here. Those who do not want, can move away. Those who want to stay: Don't point on others. Lets end the trolling and the drama times. We all should learn from our faults made in the past, but now it is on everybody to turn Lux back to friendly and funny place we all always wanted to have. So lets take what we have and enjoy what we will get in future. Those 10$ still are still the best 10$ i ever spent for a computer game and i still enjoy Lux and its great community! Lets spend the time in some great games and instead of blaming others in the forums.
Last edited by GFips on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Milltycoon
Bagels with Lux

Post by Milltycoon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Para was here. Dustin was not here. It's as simple as that. Para deserves all of the praise we give him for what he did for the community.

Dustin, I hope that you are able to resurrect this game because it is fun and everyone should thank you for bringing it into our lives. I am optimistic that you have good ideas and will be true to them.

Para, I am by your side with whatever you would like to do in the remaining time you have here. I understand the strain of trying to carry something extremely heavy for a long time, something you didn't necessarily want to carry, something you never got sufficient credit for carrying, and something that upon your finishing carrying it will still need to be carried further by someone else. It is thankless and frustrating, but it is fortifying. It was a noble pursuit and you have my undying respect and empathy for pursuing it.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 pm

(Thank you, Millty. I'm not ashamed to admit there are a few tears in my eyes after reading your words.)

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 am

dustin wrote:I sent you a PM with the explanation, which the forum software tells me you read. Re-posting removed threads is a violation of forum rules. Please stop.
Bullshit, dustin. You know I haven't read your explanation. It's still unread in my inbox. Please learn the difference between your outbox and sentbox. Gotta love how I've gotta repost questions a dozen times before you'll answer publicly, then I get locked and humiliated into a different thread of your choosing when you finally do. You'll fucking lie about anything at this point, I guess.

(Good times.)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:48 am

Hmm, I see it here in my Sent box, along with the previous ones you read:

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:31 pm

(Still unread.)

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 pm

the kindergarten continues ...

why not clear that by pm?
Last edited by GFips on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:01 pm

So how are they in my sent box then?

Regardless, if you're looking for an explanation, and I PM you an explanation, you should read it, to get the explanation you're desiring.