Lux Alliance beta

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Lux Alliance beta

Post by dustin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Lux Alliance is a team-based simultaneous-turns strategy game, inspired by Lux, Diplomacy, and Axis & Allies.

Lux Alliance was previously called Castle Vox. We are re-branding the game to better name it as we move towards a steam launch later this year.

This beta still has some rough edges in it, as things are still changing. In particular I want to test out the new feature that makes team-moves visible to all team-mates, so I'm pushing out this version to test that online.

Also included in this version is:
- a separate chat area for team-chat.
- Added a preference to put the chat areas on the right side of the game window.
- Added a Menu button to the game window.
- Re-size the map when the window is re-sized.
- Better online turn notifications.

I'll be dialing up some more online rooms using this new version now. You can join older existing vox hosts using this new version.

Download the Lux Alliance beta here!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Lux Alliance beta

Post by dustin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:37 pm

I started up fresh games of WWII and Civil War. They will start when a full-house of players in there. Enter the green listed rooms and type /play in the chat to join as a player.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:32 pm

I like the interface, a more sleek design.

Are the visual movements theat your allies make only work with newly started games? Im not seeing it working on existing games except my own moves.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:41 pm

I've noticed that Lux Alliance seems to clash with Castle Vox, which I wrote to you on e-mail.

Do you recommend us to uninstall the old castle vox and only use the new one?
If you answer yes to the previous question, can we use the reg code from Castle Vox for Lux Alliance?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:20 am

SnyperEye wrote:Are the visual movements theat your allies make only work with newly started games? Im not seeing it working on existing games except my own moves.
Yes, it requires updates on the server-side. So only new games started with the new version will show team moves.
Pars wrote:I've noticed that Lux Alliance seems to clash with Castle Vox, which I wrote to you on e-mail. Do you recommend us to uninstall the old castle vox and only use the new one? If you answer yes to the previous question, can we use the reg code from Castle Vox for Lux Alliance?
Yes, I would recommend you stop using the older Castle Vox, and only use the new Lux Alliance. Your same reg code will work for it.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Ok,

So I noticed I cant resize the map to zoom in and out like I could before. It is hard sometimes to determine where troops are located and to click and cancel specific commands because it makes it hard to click on the right troops. Is there a way to do this? On the old version I was just abe to hit control +/-

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Noted. I removed the menu to make it look more game-like, which nerfed the menu commands. I could re-add those shortcuts directly.

For now, re-sizing the window will also re-size the map.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:35 pm

When I open some maps(Hex Lords, American Civil War) I get a error window which says:

java.lang.NullpointerException

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:25 pm

i also get the null pointer exception and +1 on resizing.
having fun with the new game.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 pm

I was playing Extreme Hex Lords, I clicked by mistake on menu when I wanted to se bonuses. I noticed that you told Snyper that you are gonna move menu, which is good. But when I clicked on menu I got 5 options.
1.continue Game
2.Restart game
3.Instructions
4.save game
5.Exit game

The area of each of this options are big, so it's easy to misslick an option by misstake. I did that when I wanted to continue game.
I restarted the game in round 30 or something.
First of all, this option should ask the player something like: "Are you sure that you want to restart the game?" after you click on it.
As a precaution.

I also think it should come as nr 4 on the list, far away from ContinueGame.
1.continue Game
2.save game
3.Instructions
4.Restart game
5.Exit game

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:02 am

Pars wrote:When I open some maps(Hex Lords, American Civil War) I get a error window which says:

java.lang.NullpointerException

same I get this on entering each room to complete my turn.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:46 pm

OK, thanks for the good feedback. Will be working to fix all reported issues.

PerseusSpartacus
Luxer

Post by PerseusSpartacus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:02 am

I downloaded the latest version of Lux Alliance. It kinda looks cool, except that when I go to open the application, it immediately shuts down again. The icon appears momentarily in the hot-bar, then disappears less than a second later. As such, I cannot use the application.

I am running Mac OS X version 10.6.7, and the last version of Castle Vox I know works for me is version 1.2. Any ideas on how to get around this? Or is it a problem you guys will have to fix for the next release?

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Anyone else have glitches moving the info box?

When I relocate the info box it moves but it leaves another info box. So I end up with two info boxes but I cant move the info box from its original location. I think it has to do with the null error we are having

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:23 pm

PerseusSpartacus wrote:I am running Mac OS X version 10.6.7, and the last version of Castle Vox I know works for me is version 1.2. Any ideas on how to get around this? Or is it a problem you guys will have to fix for the next release?
I've added a Mac OS X 10.6 compatible version. Download it here and let me know if it works for you.

PerseusSpartacus
Luxer

Post by PerseusSpartacus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm

dustin wrote:I've added a Mac OS X 10.6 compatible version. Download it here and let me know if it works for you.
Yay! Thank you so much - it works perfectly for me now. :D

PerseusSpartacus
Luxer

Post by PerseusSpartacus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

I've noticed the way the game deals with very large maps isn't very good. The map editor handles them the way it used to, which is perfect, but the actual game either displays them larger than the screen but with no ability to scroll down and no way of seeing the buttons and info at the bottom of the display, or it shrinks the map down to fit the screen, which I don't really like because the units become too big relative to the territories. I liked the way the old Castle Vox handled such things - it was flexible and simple.

Also, I thought you were supposed to be able to resize the whole info box now, but I can't seem to figure out how. Was I mistaken in this belief? :P

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 pm

You were mistaken in that belief. You can move the recruit panel around the screen (and the info panel too) tho.

PerseusSpartacus
Luxer

Post by PerseusSpartacus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Oh, yeah, that's what I was thinking of - moving the recruit panel. Okay, that clears things up. Thanks. :)

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Dustin, I'm playing Lux Alliance on my laptop, it's normal size laptop.
I miss the option "resize map to original size" from Castle Vox.
As it is now it's hard for me to see on which land/country some units are.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:27 pm

I was playing the map 2 Bridges and was saving my gold during the game.
The gold reached 100+ and this creates a graphical problem.

The Recruit tab/tag partly covers the other tab/tag (finished) when gold gets 100+
It does not happen every time but most of the times.

Similar problem also occurs when you want to change the language, the flaps overlap.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:25 pm

I think I found a bug in team-chat area

When I join a room online to take a look at a game that I'm not playing in I have noticed that I sometimes can see what players participating
has written in team-chat area.

However, it seems to be that you can only see chat from players who left the game, either a bot or a player who has taken over.
In Hex Lords I can see Beans chat and in WWII- Urals Castle I can see Crouchicus chat.

I will send you 2 prt sc on it.

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:23 pm

I'm currently in an online game with Ralph (and 5 AI) - HexLords, it's round One - I'm Peasants, I created a castle - however, when trying to move the recruit window to the side, it disappeared. I've restarted the machine - and can't get the window back (as if it were appearing in a part of the game screen that I cannot access). I'm hopeful that it will return for round two - but if it does not, this could be a bug.