The Present and Future of Lux

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

The Present and Future of Lux

Post by dustin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Greetings to all Luxxers great and small,

It is 2016 and we have some choices to make for the new year.

I am interested in seeing Lux improve and grow from 2016, well into the future. To that end, I am currently improving and testing Sillysoft servers. I plan to maintain a more stable hosting environment for tournaments as well as for everyday play. Mods will always be able to reach me offline to deal with any problems that pop up. I will also continue taking a hands-on roll in the daily running of Lux. You will continue seeing me in the game rooms and forums.

This year will see an active commitment to marketing Lux Delux and Lux Alliance to a wider audience. 40 percent of new players check out our online gaming experience. As it stands, the online gaming community is not the most inviting to new players. It vexes old players. Friction and negativity has been hurting the vibe in online play. I want to address this.

There were years where this community were not my priority. I launched other products. I was on to other adventures. I was unsure about what I wanted for online Lux. It generally takes me a long time to come to a decision. In this case I was away long enough for online play to significantly decline. I apologize for the toll this all took on the community. It was a mistake to give so little direction and attention to keeping the lights on and the tracker up while I was gone. I won't make that mistake again.

Luxtober is over and I am still here. Lux Delux launched on steam (bringing us a new source of fresh players) and I am still here. 6 months from now I will still be here. I hope you will begin to trust in this sooner than later so we can move forward with new events and some fun!

I have made a lot of mistakes In the last few years. The most recent are in regards to how I fired paranoiarodeo. I regret the personal remarks I made about para. They were unprofessional and unfair. I should have stopped after stating the reason for his dismissal. When he acted out I should have treated him like any other luxxer that broke forum rules. It was one of many mistakes I made in deciding how to respond to paranoiarodeo's unique style.

I have no intention of re-employing paranoiarodeo or lifting his ban. Some people here feel like I am wasting his potential. I agree that paranoiarodeo is a brilliant person with great potential. Unfortunately Para has shown repeatedly that his potential comes at the price of sabotaging what he does not agree with. He has hacked into servers, falsified data, and ruined whole chase weeks in protest changes I made that he disagreed with. I know that mr. rodeo is not here to reply, but these events are all common knowledge. Para admitted as much in the public forums. It was a mistake for me to allow this behavior in the past. I am not giving him the chance to repeat this kind of thing. This dynamic is over.

I invite you to re-engage in online Lux with me. There is a lot more silly fun competition to be had! I understand if you are luxxed out. I understand if you only stayed here because of paranoiarodeo's vision for Lux and are not interested in mine. But please do not try to make other player's decisions for them. If people want to have fun, let them!

To quote Kang, who is a better politician than I am, "Forward, not backward! Upward, not forward! And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Dustin Quasar Sacks
:globe

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Re: The Present and Future of Lux

Post by Lantern » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Well I am still here and historically saw the ups and downs and the behind the scenes in the mod lounge for years. Long spells of nothing from you and sporadic fits of activity. I have to say though dustin; this is the most honest and apologetic I have seen you in years. Bravo for your words, and vision. I think many of us wish things played out differently and whether Lux moves forward is yet to be seen but I hope this game that I enjoy stays around for many years with improvements and the engagement of the community.

I will not apologize for saying that I do miss para but that is all I'm saying about that. We all hold some responsibility in our behaviors. No one puts words in our mouths and takes action with our hands except ourselves. I hope this thread stays positive.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:03 pm

I can dig it.

Thank you for listening to what people asked of you and reaching out with honesty. Remember that adventures are good, find balance in all of it. I have faith you will.

May :lincoln: :llama and :scooter shine upon you.
May they shine upon Para too, and may he find much success as well in his next ventures.

magpie
Goat Avenger
Location: Riding with the League of Extraordinary Anti Goatfecking Gentlemen ...

Post by magpie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:50 am

Good luck got my vote

:) :D

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:39 am

Cudos for these words Dustin! :D
Now lets walk the talk.

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:10 pm

:smt023 It's a good start! Let's make it happen.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 pm

:smt109 :smt109 :smt109 :smt109 :smt109

:dp

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Best of luck, and good to see that positive energy back.
I will stay out for a while, driven by many reasons - mostly related to heavy agenda... but might pop up in some games to check on evolution - and asswip some asshats while at it :)

I would wish best of Luck for rodeo as well in whatever he is doing, hope to see his passion translating into an awesome productive tool.

:smt023

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Ahh, fresh air!

Thanks, Dustin.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:38 pm

:catlick

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:03 pm

I just came here looking for a game - good read!

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:11 pm

The weather is changing, a presence that was once been long forgotten is creeping back into the known...something Anti-Holy

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Now we need to get the old crowd back. And start hosting non bio maps.

All you nOObs who enjoy Roman, Cube, WW2, Historical war maps, let's show the community that bio is not the heart of lux.

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/mapco ... ser=magpie

If magpie can gain the courage to venture forth into a new map, even if it's only .4% booze map, then I am sure we can start a revolution to change the heart of lux. :lol:

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:53 am

Lux Delux launched on steam (bringing us a new source of fresh players) and I am still here. 6 months from now I will still be here.
∞ Naraku spins all the dead luxers in their graves...∞

Really feels like lux is going places...
it is a shame that place you've steered it into is a watery abyss of a graveyard... :smt009 :smt013 :evil: :smt018

& Kitty on Catnip last post hits it right on the bullseye imo.

I can't find the sunken ship emoticon on the list... drats…

How about Missionluxtopia?

C-Rex
Lux Piethrower

Post by C-Rex » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:13 am

I am the future.