Funny Classic Stories?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Funny Classic Stories?

Post by kitty on catnip » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 pm

So when I was War_Lord, I was pretty bad at the game. Wasn't terrible at it, but wasn't really a thinking player either. I didn't quite 'get the game' at that point. I would asshat a lot...I got caught up in the suicides and griefing that befell so many players.

Well I was playing in a pretty nice room, had lots of solid classic players. I knew I was not part of the group at the time and I knew some of them needed to keep an eye on me.

Well Grozoth , half way through the game told me straight up. "War_Lord whatever you do...do NOT hit Ural. Don't hit Ural. Don't do it."

I looked very carefully at the board, and could not for the life of me see why Ural was important. It was an empty country. All the players were still alive. I didn't get it. I knew Grozoth was a great player so I knew something was up. So what did I do?

Well...out of curiosity... I hit Ural.

Then the game was over a minute later. I think It might have been Huckleberry who got 6th, grozoth did not win the game and pretty sure I got berated by someone for hitting Ural.

Needless to say, that was one of the turning points in Lux where I began to realize I needed to pay more attention to the board and to plan things out.

If farming a totally empty country meant GAME OVER before you could blink then what else was I missing? I became much more engaged and realized the game was way more strategy and math based than I originally thought.

I knew at that time I sucked pretty hard. I knew I wanted to get better.

Hitting Ural when Grozoth told me to not hit Ural opened my eyes.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Re: Funny Classic Stories?

Post by Naraku » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

So many funny stories to tell...

My favorite all time funny lux classic story for me would have to be when I HK'd para as the infamous "ignominous". He wouldn't chat and had taken all of EU in round 2. Sadly for him all the borders were @ 1's . So there I was with a YUGE army sitting in the graveyard of empires when my top generals came to me with a plan to conquer the EU. Lo and behold the manuvuer's were a GIGANTIC success with my EU borders having all 2's, 3's or better all around them. Poor kitten was only left with a tiny remote in NA somewhere. I didn't really care. I had achieved my objective to seize the EU for my Empire! Then the next game I was voted off the Island for HK'ing the "Lux King of RaW" . W/e's it was fun/funny when it happened and I still ♥ my 1st game I ever played with iggy/para in it. :wink:

Speaking of funny classic stories it would be AMAZING if some old timers would crawl out from under whatever rocks/dens they've been hiding in *Cough Cyn Cough* to play some FUN games of classic in luxtopia again!

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:25 pm

lol...not just popped it but took the entire continent that's hilarious - cash wasn't even high even to consider it a half kill because you were feeding him when cards were only worth 5... :smt044

CyNd3r
Omega Virtuist

Post by CyNd3r » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Naraku wrote:So many funny stories to tell...

My favorite all time funny lux classic story for me would have to be when I HK'd para as the infamous "ignominous". He wouldn't chat and had taken all of EU in round 2. Sadly for him all the borders were @ 1's . So there I was with a YUGE army sitting in the graveyard of empires when my top generals came to me with a plan to conquer the EU. Lo and behold the manuvuer's were a GIGANTIC success with my EU borders having all 2's, 3's or better all around them. Poor kitten was only left with a tiny remote in NA somewhere. I didn't really care. I had achieved my objective to seize the EU for my Empire! Then the next game I was voted off the Island for HK'ing the "Lux King of RaW" . W/e's it was fun/funny when it happened and I still ♥ my 1st game I ever played with iggy/para in it. :wink:

Speaking of funny classic stories it would be AMAZING if some old timers would crawl out from under whatever rocks/dens they've been hiding in *Cough Cyn Cough* to play some FUN games of classic in luxtopia again!
I would love to play some classic sometime! Unfortunately whenever I pop in there is no classic games going anymore :/

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:10 am

kitty on catnip wrote:Hitting Ural when Grozoth told me to not hit Ural opened my eyes.
I think many players (myself included) would have a similar story where their turning point was literally everyone in a room telling them not to make some noobish move, and that player making the move anyway and not really understanding why it was dumb.

As long as we're doing funny classic stories, why don't we also do some classic funny stories?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:11 pm

I remember killing para's satellite in Asia to card (even though I missed an easier card) and then defending my move as "well, at least I didn't pop you continent!"