Fall of Rome

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Naraku
Lux Demon

Fall of Rome

Post by Naraku » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 am

When trying to install the theme for the map "Fall of Rome" I now receive "there were errors installing this map" in the plugin manager box.

Do I just simply need to re-upload the original theme to correct this error; or is this something in the plugin manager that has broken?

Will you finally correct this error that I've emailed and pm'd you about several times before (many, many weeks ago)?

Does mbauer need to fix it? ; Or can owned now correct this flaw too?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Fall of Rome

Post by dustin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Sorry, just seeing this post now.

It can't find the theme to download it. The theme needs to be capitalized the same, sometimes that screws it up. I would re-upload the theme or map and double-check that the capital letters are exactly the same in the map and the theme name

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Np, re-uploaded the theme.
I know that in the past this theme had no problems being d/l when it was the MotW and for months/years after. I just noticed the error with this map and ski esacpe 2010! that they both were no longer d/l correctly as of last year at some point.
I believe that I had kept the same capitals of "Fall of Rome" when i submitted the map and theme back in 2010.
Just wanted to correct the error or glitch that was causing it to fail now.

thanks again. :smt023 :llama

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:39 pm

There were errors installing 'Fall of Rome'
still haven't managed to fix this yet either? :evil: :roll:

along with

The Great War

Yggdrasil

and Ski escape all reporting errors when installing

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm

I went in and fixed them all. It seems like there were multiple overlapping theme files causing problems (i.e. both 'background.jpg' and 'Background.jpg'). You may need to do a 'recache' in the search field to get them working.

Ski Escape has an '!' in the theme name, which could cause issues on some systems. I'd advise keeping punctuation characters out of theme names in the future, just to be safe.

:geek

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:53 am

np, the only theme I "updated" was Fall of Rome AFTER you advised me to re-upload the theme. Curious how they d/l just fine for years and then mysteriously all mucked up for w/e reason. Yes I've charted many odd peculiarities with lux and the map editor over the years. I have recached my lux many times yet still the errors in it persisted. such as my released maps not appearing properly in the GUI window (FOR ME ONLY APPARENTLY!) I also generally submit all my map files in the same format and spelling now with caps just at the start of words, generally I leave background, overground, foreground as lowercase since I've already learned that this caused problems with a past map I had submitted to the maplab.

Does Mbauer still work in the maplab? If so could he release my LAST map? "The Cold War - 50". Ty. I am 100% finished with it now, I may update or otherwise modify the background with some fun graphics in the future. but for now It's ready to roll out and get played on! Enjoy, or not.
:curtsey :gah :smt084

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Wrong theme Mbauer...
I've update the luxb and the theme for the map since the .88 version with these old borders.

Thank you in advance for fixing it.

Free Okinawa from the maplab!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 pm

you said you were 100% finished with it. confusing.

if you have messages for MB, please email them to him.

you're free to update the map and theme directly yourself as always

:smt109

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 pm

I was 100% finished with both the theme and the map. I was refer to the WRONG theme being posted (Version .88) in the Map desc without the Okinawa tile. I have tried to email Mbauer many times with 0 reply for weeks. Then he tells me a map is ready to go and let him know that I'm done, I do so, and then weeks go by. No reply to pm or email! Then I come to the forums and viola stuff happens! Would be great if I could get 1 map / week out again but w/e's looks pretty much like a ghosttown around here these days. So is the maplab functioning properly or what? Down to just mbauer with owned awol? did all the mods mutiny on you AGAIN?!? Or does he only reply to your emails? I dunno... :smt017
:panic: :torch: :wall: :evil: :smt013 :panic: