Now what?

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Now what?

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 am

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Now what?

Post by Bean » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am

I'll go out on a limb and say "not higher interest rates."

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:50 am

Congratulate Trump on a brilliant campaign?

:smt017

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 am

Now we know republicans are down with deficit spending, but trump is no republican and anyway the tea party is a check supposedly. Nevertheless, some economists think we should have and still should spend more. I kind of agree. So, the good news is Trump will probably spend a ton. yay! yay?

I hope it is on infrastructure and not warring and policing. Hillary would not have been able to spend much.

Bright side number two: at least we get to see what a left wing backlash looks like. Admittedly, this is a long shot since the right is very possessive of reactionary rhetoric. But still.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 am

Walls are expensive, Bean. Oh, wait, that's right... not our problem.

:panic:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:33 am

sasquatch wrote:Congratulate Trump on a brilliant campaign?

:smt017

Wait...you think he secretly MASTERMINDED this????

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:55 am

He gonna leverage some of that Mexican cash to put some folks to work along the border. Tons of dumb white guys are good workers around there right?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:18 pm

The border wall will be Trump's Obamacare: an expensive and divisive proposition which will pass because of control of congress and presidency but will cost massive political capital and will ultimately be a policy which is reversed after making itself apparent as unworkable. That's my prediction anyway.

I bet Trump walks back much of what he said on the campaign trail and ends up learning many things the hard way, also like Obama. Who knows, he might take after Obama in that he eventually grows into the role, although I'm not sure I'd bet on it. The sun will rise tomorrow morning, liberal friends. Take heart.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Shockandawe wrote:I'm not so sure the Democratic party is as stable you thought n00.
Posted back in May. Might have been more right than I realized.

I heard it last night on CNN and it has stuck with me. For weeks we've been told that this election was pretty much over. That Hillary was the runaway favorite. Until 2 weeks ago when things began to tighten and then last night happened.

After last night it's clear that the media and the political parties, yes both of them, are disconnected from what America is and what many of it's citizens care about. Trump was the only one that spoke to so many people that have been ignored. People who are angry with the status quo. Angry with Washington. Trump has given these people a voice that they so desperately were looking for.

I understand that he has said some terrible things and that was so easy to dismiss him, but he was the only one willing to connect with a massive portion of this country that feels left out. None of that matters when one candidate is speaking to you while the alternatives,nearly all of them within the Republican and Democratic Party, is being propped up by Washington elitism.

Trump did what Bernie could not and while we don't really know what the short term effects of Trump's presidency are going to be this is an opportunity for both parties to reorganize. This was their wake up call.

Drain the fucking swamp.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Shockandawe wrote:Might have been more right than I realized.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:56 pm

#humblebrag

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Now what?
paranoiarodeo wrote: The Alec Baldwin Permanent Employment Act of 2016.
The repercussions are endless. Endless!

:smt077

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Shockandawe wrote:
"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

With all due respect, and I do not mean to insult anyone here, that will not happen with politics as usual. The same old, same old will not be successful.

The people of our country understand that — given the collapse of the American middle class and the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality we are experiencing — we do not need more establishment politics or establishment economics.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."
:smt083