Play Next Map goes to first map.

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
jaygeekay
Lux Newbie

Play Next Map goes to first map.

Post by jaygeekay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 am

Hi,

I'm wondering what might be going on here. If I bring up Lux and after finishing a map I click on Play Next Map more often than not I get thrown back to the first map. There are circumstances where it works and goes to the next map but I have not narrowed it down yet. Mostly it goes back to the first.

Is this a bug or 'works as designed' or is there an option I should be setting somewhere?

Thanks for any help here, Jim.

EDIT: Play Next Map worked correctly on the non-steam version I had. But that had terrible graphical glitches that do not happen in the steam version so I switched.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Play Next Map goes to first map.

Post by dustin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

I'd say this is a bug.

When you say it goes to the first map instead, does that mean the first map in the list of maps? Or the one you were just playing?

What OS are you playing on?

Do you have star/crown icons beside the maps this is happening for in your map list?

jaygeekay
Lux Newbie

Post by jaygeekay » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 am

Hi Dustin, thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions:
It goes to the first map in the list of maps
Windows 7 64bit
It is happening for all maps - from what I can see, all have at least 1 star, some have crowns (I've never actually looked up what that means actually)
Note 1 - that there are occasions when it does actually go to the next map, but I haven't figured out what is different when that happens as it is rare enough
Note 2 - it may not be obvious, and may not matter, but I'm just playing offline games against the AIs

Are there logs i can generate to look at?
Jim.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:12 pm

There's a log.txt file inside the Support folder inside your install folder. You can also use the Online menu Report A Bug menu command to send your log file to us.

jaygeekay
Lux Newbie

Post by jaygeekay » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Done. Logged the bug. Thanks, Jim.

P.S. This is a brilliant game - have been playing for years ... This bug though is awful annoying.