Old Posts Disappearing Again?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Old Posts Disappearing Again?

Post by RogueMonk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:56 pm

GK started the Quote of the Week thread, but his original post has been deleted, along with several more on the first page, maybe a dozen in all. Mushy Peas now gets credit for creating QOTW. What happened? Who deleted what and why? Have any other old threads been scrubbed recently? Can they be restored?

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Old Posts Disappearing Again?

Post by GFips » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 am

Dustin did a major forum re-organisation in Februar 2017.

The Quote of the Week thread is a very old, but still active forum thread. Unfortunately there was a lot of "garbage" inside also over the years.
So Dustin decided to sort out all old posts to keep it more up to date and focus the thread to the more recent quotes.

I agree it was unlucky to delete also GKs initial post by him. It was surely not meant to "dishonor" GK in any way.
GK started a great thread and we all like this thread :-) (as well as the similar threads from Nimrod7 and others over the years).

I do not know if the original content was archived somewhere by Dustin - i would suggest to pm Dustin if you are interested in. I am sure he can give you further infos about it. As far as I know no other old threads got cleaned by Dustin during that step.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am

GFips wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 am
I agree it was unlucky to delete also GKs initial post by him.
Unlucky? No cash with four cards is unlucky, but not this. Something doesn't smell right. The posts were deleted recently, not ten months ago. Google cache and archive.org prove that much is untrue.

Oh, and just in case this is too negative....

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am

Man, I wish I had time to care about things that don't really matter..........................................................................

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am
Man, I wish I had time to care about things that don't really matter..........................................................................
You cared enough to spend twenty hours last week chasing a medal that doesn't matter. :smt017

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:43 pm

I cleaned up the start of the QOTW thread. Some of the first posts did not meet forum standards. I love that QOTW has kept going, but personal attacks or straight-up vulgarity don't belong there. I encourage all mods to help keep these standards in place.

So I just deleted your latest post there Rogue, quoting a long-time abuser saying something about targeting a specific player. Not cool

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:36 pm

You cared enough to spend twenty hours last week chasing a medal that doesn't matter. :smt017
And you spent over 12 hours chasing your tail and probably 30 more hours sitting in rooms trolling and perusing the forums for deleted posts that nobody even reads. My ankle is in a cast and I'm mostly immobile. What's your excuse? What is your goal here? To talk as much shit as possible? If you're so unhappy with this place, move on and find another hobby.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:36 pm
...perusing the forums for deleted posts that nobody even reads.
Good point, BWE. Begs the question why they are being deleted if nobody reads them, yes?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Gawd, these forums (which I once enjoyed *so* immensely) are now just so much depressing drivel. I had to be told to check for this thread, and approached it with dread.

• 1. Stop lying about what has been changed and when. That seems pretty basic. I'm not a fan of invisible edits... far too Trumpian for my taste.

2. If the man who once posted that the forums, or life, or something, could use a good fuck every now and then has decided that profanity may not be family friendly or good for the bottom line, so be it. But it's going to take more than a handful of deletions to scour out all the profanity, innuendo, and *fun* out of the history of this place. It would be more honest to just shut the thing down.

3. If paranoiarodeo had done anything like this, I (and probably most of you) would have ripped him a new orifice in the vicinity of his gluteus maximus.

/Mommy spanks

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Why did no one "tell" me to come see this thread!? TSK, I thought I was on your phone tree! Good think I tripped over it on the way to the s*%#ter.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 am

dustin wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:43 pm
I cleaned up the start of the QOTW thread. Some of the first posts did not meet forum standards. I love that QOTW has kept going, but personal attacks or straight-up vulgarity don't belong there. I encourage all mods to help keep these standards in place.

So I just deleted your latest post there Rogue, quoting a long-time abuser saying something about targeting a specific player. Not cool

You probably did the right thing clean up some unnecessary posts, but my first post was the one that triggered the QOW chain reaction, it would have been nice to keep it just for ownership.

now WHO THE HELL IS MUSHY PEAS????

:D

oh, and thank you Monk for pointing this out... I completely missed it! :smt017

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Start a good QOTW 2018 thread and you can have the top post for the new year

:smt077

General K
Lux KAPITALIST