Controleola Banned?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Controleola Banned?

Post by Stelee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 pm

I came to play for the first time in about a year ... I wished controleola a Happy Hanukkah and saw some chat exchanged between he and PJB regarding bigotry. The next thing I knew, the room went offline, and controleola had a suspension issued on his official profile page, yet the forum mod log says nothing.

So, what happened? Can the original chatroom log can be resurrected? I'd like to understand what happened since I witnessed nothing bannable.

There seems to be a lot of dumbfounded people who (were there and yet) have no clue what happened. Other witnesses, please speak up.

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/alias ... ontroleola

:? :smt017 :hmm:

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Controleola Banned?

Post by Bean » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 am

"a lot" of dumbfounded people. lol. I wasn't there, but here is a made up story about what might have happened: Pathetic pusillanimous person provoked proficient player into proffering prohibited pronouncements, procuring pretty policy product for petty pompous ploy.
Last edited by Bean on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 am

"a lot" is a relative term ... these days, more than 6 players in one room is "a lot" ... there were around a dozen people there.

Perhaps no one knows better than I about Controleola's ongoing General Asshattery™, but I didn't see anything abnormal, nor could anyone present explain what bannable offense was committed. Not having the issue entered into the official Moderation Log creates an even greater lack of transparency and visibility. Therefore, I'm just trying to figure out what I (and "a lot" of others) missed.

Hopefully PJB can clear up the confusion.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi Stelee,

As far as i know you weren't in the room when controleola said:

foosball prime(para): because gfips needed a buddy in the mod squad
controleola: goering needs goebbels

controleola: it is true, a biased, racist, anti-semitic player should not be a mod in lux.
(this is logged in the report file.)

These are all lies, insults and are based on nothing. For the people who dont know who goering and goebbels are, you might want to google it. They are nazi's.

The room crashed probably cause para (perma banned) joined with 20 unreg accounts, i had nothing to do with that.

As usual para loves talking trash about me (and many others) and there is not much i/we can do about that at the moment. His standard insults, fake stories and attacks on me and my family were going on. Controleola who was also in the room and who i wasn't speaking to at all, decided to join para in insulting me, again.

foosball prime(para): because gfips needed a buddy in the mod squad
controleola: goering needs goebbels

controleola: it is true, a biased, racist, anti-semitic player should not be a mod in lux

I went out of the room, banned controleola in our ban control options, went back to the room a few minutes later and banned him from the room.

This wasn't the first time controleola insulted/sweared/cursed at me. I have never done anything like that to him. He pushed the limit already a few times and crossed it to. This ban is purely based on his personal attacks and lies towards me and not all the other complaints about him from other luxers we had recently. Also i and other moderators have been pming controleola since august to deal with some of these matters. It doesn't help if you don't read them. He is not obligated to, but in his case it would have helped.

If you have the tenacity to swear at the moderators, you should be able to deal with the consequences. Moderators do their job diligently most of the time. They should not be insulted, sweared or cursed at. Challenging their authority can result in a ban as you intentionally directed it at them.

I hope i cleared it up for you Stelee.
Last edited by PJB on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Whilst bean´s alliterative interpretation is profoundly true in general terms, some explanation from pjb was still required. Presumably the moderation log is there for a reason other than pure entertainment.

Looking at pjb´s reply, which just appeared, the basic facts are what i remember. The statement that controleola is reported as saying is how I remember it. However, strictly speaking, it is a perfectly fair general statement: a biased player should not be a mod.

As to accusations specifically against pjb, as far as I am concerned they are unsubstantiated, so I would not go around repeating them. Regarding his conduct in lux, that would be for the other moderators. Regarding his private life outside of lux, well there is a reason why it is called a private life.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Controleola is a long-time troll and abuser, who has been suspended many times. There's been discussion of perma-banned him for such ongoing issues.

While we generally try to treat everyone nicely, players who have caused problems repeatedly exist on probation.

If you're aligning yourself with the trolls, I suggest you check yourself.

That said, I've reminded the mods to always make an entry in the moderation log when suspensions are given out.

:smt109

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

what i can glean from stelee's post, besides about a general concern about whether or not control's comments rose to the level of a bannable offense, is that she is simply asking for the moderation log to be updated to officially document the ban. right now there is some confusion about what action was taken against control. was he banned from lux entirely for a specified period of time, or just booted from the room? pj, your reply seems to indicate that you only banned (booted) him from room. is that the case, or did he receive a longer lux suspension, and if so, for how long? the link stelee provided to his player page indicates that control received a 'warning' for 'harassment,' but we are not exactly sure what that means.

thanks for clarifying!

m

:catrun

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 pm

I updated the moderation log for clarity btw:

controleola — 14 Day Suspension — Harassment

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:07 pm

mnemosyne wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm
she is simply asking for the moderation log to be updated to officially document the ban. right now there is some confusion about what action was taken against control.
My sincere apology, especially towards controleola on that part. That should have been dealt with right away.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks for the clarification. I know all about Controleola ... he and I used to go at it hard, but I don't think he's a bad guy at heart. I think there can still be refinements made to the methods by which the mods create a more harmonious online environment.

Some principles to think about when moderating:

- Lead by example
- Lead with heart
- Lead with Integrity
- Have full transparency
- RS for Stelee whenever asked ;)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Well said, Stelee.

From his own report of the circumstances, PJB seems to have been reacting to what he perceived as a personal slight. Poor moderation to say the least... to call it abuse of power is not much of a stretch.

:(

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:50 pm

TSK,

Happy Holidays! xoxo

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 am

Stelee I fully agree with your principles mentioned above. That's what the mods in the past and the actual mods always tried and try to follow. But we are also just humans and we serve as volunteers. So don't be too harsh :-) You yóurself surely knows it is not always easy to be a mod. We will also make faults from time to time, but from now on we will also restart for Stelee ;-)

Controleola has a long histotry in Lux. He was close to permabans several times, but Dustin and the mods lead with "heart" in his case and always gave him a next chance. We have plenty of reports about him. He is only playing on probation like Dustin already said. The decision was discussed behind the scenes and the suspension is fully justified. Life goes on and we all still believe in the good sides of controleola!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TIME EVERBODY!

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:48 am

PJB, now you've gone and done it, placed yourself on TSK's naughty mod list. Drink plenty of fluids.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I heard that im on the bottom of that list.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Be afraid. Be *very* afraid!

∞ TSK muahahas ∞

:smt077 :smt077 :smt077

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 pm

I added some extra chat from controleola in my explanation on his ban.

Dr.Thorvaldt
Luxer

Post by Dr.Thorvaldt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:26 am

Goat Lick for all lovvers !!